Recent Topics

Ads

Tzeentch's Firestorm

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orontes

Tzeentch's Firestorm

Post#1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:27 pm

What is happening with Tzeentch's Firestorm?

I posted this originally in the patch notes, but haven't seen any replies.

Prior to the recent patch the tactic Chaos Unleashed reduced Firestorms's cooldown by 10 seconds. This is the same as with the Sorc tactic Neverending Agony affecting Pit of Shades. I think most assumed this same cooldown of 10 seconds would apply to Wild Changing with the move of Firestorm to the Changing tree. Atm, there is no cooldown. Please explain if this is being fixed.

Ads
Tesq

Re: Tzeentch's Firestorm

Post#2 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:40 pm

prob you wont recive an aswer, or it will came in next patchnote , who know...

Azarael

Post#3 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:12 pm

If Wild Changing is the tactic that grants 15% crit, why should it also modify the cooldown of Firestorm? Can you demonstrate a need for that which is not linked to the Changing spec not being powerful enough in general?

catholicism198

Post#4 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:37 pm

Azarael wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:12 pm If Wild Changing is the tactic that grants 15% crit, why should it also modify the cooldown of Firestorm? Can you demonstrate a need for that which is not linked to the Changing spec not being powerful enough in general?
IIRC, Tzeentch's Firestorm was buffed several times after your departure to warrant its position as a 13 point ability in Havoc- it had its radius increased- to match the visual effect-, a snare effect was added, and became spammable when the Chaos Unleashed tactic was slotted. People just assumed it would all be mirrored when it was moved to Changing.

Azarael

Post#5 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:45 pm

The first two are native - the last is on the tactic which I didn't mirror.

demonzar1

Post#6 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Firestorm will not be like before the patch?

Renork

Post#7 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:49 pm

demonzar1 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:48 pm Firestorm will not be like before the patch?
It's honestly not needed.

Also @ catholicism198 you dodged the question that I asked you twice in two different threads now. Why do you feel that the magus is "honestly op" now? What are you doing so successfully now after Azarael swapped two skills around? I have seen nothing but BW/Sorc's dominating the rdps meta, so i'm extremely curious about your analysis/conclusion.
Last edited by Renork on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesq

Post#8 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:52 pm

for demonologi is ok as it is cuz it snare...

for change, not so much...

main reason? group cleanse.....enemy will cleanse you so you have to re-apply spi debuff and stop a lot of time firestorm, so it beasically none functional in any standard change rotation, it just dont make sense at all use that.

in havoc mastery you had the pet spamming the res debuff, here you have none which mean you cant loose time channeling on a spot where enemy can jsut mvoe out and you do **** dmg cuz no spi debuff....and so waste firestorm everyone (it is more in cd than active used on my magus....)

so pretty much the only use for firestorm when build change is if you wanna dps from behind a corner with out being hit / snare ppl while kiting /appy the initial tick only as finisher when target is like 1% life and alredy spi debuff and you are 100% sure it gona die (if not red wind spam still beat it becaue is more flexible).

dissolving msit is drop and forget becasue you cant fit a channeling which dont follow the target around a change build, it's not flexible enough, it has no benefith for your rotation, indigo followed your target around instead be another ground target area enemy can lol and exit out from.
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
demonzar1

Post#9 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:54 pm

I dont think the same

Renork

Post#10 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:52 pm for demonologi is ok as it is cuz it snare...

for change, not so much...

main reason? group cleanse.....enemy will cleanse you so you have to re-apply spi debuff and stop a lot of time firestorm, so it beasically none functional in any standard change rotation, it just dont make sense at all use that.

in havoc mastery you had the pet spamming the res debuff, here you have none which mean you cant loose time channeling on a spot where enemy can jsut mvoe out and you do **** dmg cuz no spi debuff....and so waste firestorm everyone (it is more in cd than active used on my magus....)

so pretty much the only use for firestorm when build change is if you wanna dps from behind a corner with out being hit / snare ppl while kiting /appy the initial tick only as finisher when target is like 1% life and alredy spi debuff and you are 100% sure it gona die (if not red wind spam still beat it becaue is more flexible).

dissolving msit is drop and forget becasue you cant fit a channeling which dont follow the target around a change build, it's not flexible enough, it has no benefith for your rotation.
Lol, weren't you like one of the first people complaining about the godmode magi changes? What happened?