Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Revenge tank solo spec.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
geezereur

Re: [Magus] Revenge tank solo spec.

Post#11 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:09 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:33 am how tanky is this build really? orvr viable?

i love the sound of it and that it fits in rift but the downtime on aegis is putting me off the whole concept
Its really tanky but i prefer it only for solo in rvr, took down 2 WL + 1 WH with mine, maybe they where not that good but still.
close to 900 Toughness and life regen items.

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:16 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:55 pm don't mean to derail but does this kind of thing also work with chosen? you still have backlash, then bane shield (50%+ uptime with tactic vs aegis 30%, is also altruistic), discordant fluctuation and i believe there are tank armour sets with reflect procs?

i just haven't heard of many reflexive dmg builds but now i wanna try one. i mean there's riposte but i'm thinking super tanky builds for orvr
Should work, especially that bane shield + discordant fluctuation affect entire team (pop those at right time and watch whoever is spamming aoe weep).

Especially with chosen think I would also consider Thorns pot instead of armor one- 50 dmg back might not sound like alot, but over 10 sec 10 abilities +5 aa hits = 750 dmg back over 10 sec vs a single opponent, with extra bonus that it ignores toughness.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

tazdingo

Post#13 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:16 pm
tazdingo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:55 pm don't mean to derail but does this kind of thing also work with chosen? you still have backlash, then bane shield (50%+ uptime with tactic vs aegis 30%, is also altruistic), discordant fluctuation and i believe there are tank armour sets with reflect procs?

i just haven't heard of many reflexive dmg builds but now i wanna try one. i mean there's riposte but i'm thinking super tanky builds for orvr
Should work, especially that bane shield + discordant fluctuation affect entire team (pop those at right time and watch whoever is spamming aoe weep).

Especially with chosen think I would also consider Thorns pot instead of armor one- 50 dmg back might not sound like alot, but over 10 sec 10 abilities +5 aa hits = 750 dmg back over 10 sec vs a single opponent, with extra bonus that it ignores toughness.
i haven't played since auxiliary pots were added, is it butch, scav or cult for thorns? do both thorns and absorb take the same "slot" as armour pots? many thanks

Darks63

Post#14 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:58 am
Darks63 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 pm Question how does aegis work on here vsvlive anyway? On live it was a straight wounds buff w reflect damage. On ror it seems to act like a reactive hot instead.
It's a straight wounds buff like on AoR that adds the tooltip mentioned amount of wounds and HP's. Added wounds for the entire time Aegis is active. The difference and RoR buff to Aegis of Orange Fire is that it also scales up with the amount of points specced in the Path of Daemonology tree.

The damage part is as mentioned in the tooltip and on being hit 25% chances to hit back. I'll have to cross check that but I think the damage also scales up (same as for the wounds buff) and can crititcal hit.
Ty Nid I was wondered if they changed it due to how my encounters with Delirium have gone. It seems like his health is constantly ticking up. I didn't think you could get regen like that in ROR.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ortok

Post#15 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello everyone,im a total noob with this class(and the others XD), but i read a lot of interesting things in this thread.I have a question about upgrade armor on this class.You need to stack full toughnes and armor ,or just full toughnes with some Intelligence??

P.D: srry for my english XD.

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Ortok wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:13 pm Hello everyone,im a total noob with this class(and the others XD), but i read a lot of interesting things in this thread.I have a question about upgrade armor on this class.You need to stack full toughnes and armor ,or just full toughnes with some Intelligence??

P.D: srry for my english XD.
You should opt for toughness imo because you can get 950+. Engineer capitalises more on Armor. Having said that, if you are able to get around 3k armor without sacrificing too much toughness then you should be gucci.

You want like 700int minimum.

Ortok

Post#17 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Thanks mate, and keep fighting with your Daemon magus.im waiting volume III ;).Thank you very much.