Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Revenge tank solo spec.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

[Magus] Revenge tank solo spec.

Post#1 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 am

A variation of spec my magus used back on live.

http://www.ror.builders/career/magus/s? ... ,5102,5123

Build is about damage mitigation and returned damage.

Maxed renown toughness, toughness pot, toughness tactic, and 3 dominator/3 annihilator for 2 toughness set bonuses. On my dok without toughness set bonuses I get close to 600 toughness, with this spec magus should get close to 850, for combined with armor/resists 60-90% damage mitigation. Absorb tactic for extra mitigation.

The offensive part of the build is the returned damage. Backlash tactic gives 25% chance of returned damage, if you use in addition epic quest staff with lifetap proc (10% chance for lifetap on being hit) it gives you a total of 35% to give back damage each time they hit you- with Aegis of Orange Fire up it goes to 60% for returned damage each time you get hit.

In addition procs don't scale with offensive stat, but they do scale with % dmg modifier, so having a pet for a total 40% should make the shields hit for much more.

The idea of the spec is that between mitigation and shields, hitting the magus hurts the other side more then it hurts the magus.

Since you can (and want) to tank melee in this spec, you main attack will be a combination of Glean Magic for spirit debuff and Daemonic Maw spam (since it hits so hard).

In addition, since you mitigate that much get as much hp regen as possible.

Had a lot of fun solo roaming back on my tank magus on live, enjoy.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Telperien

Re: [Magus] Revenge tank solo spec.

Post#2 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 am

There`s something with the link. When I open it I can see chosen tactics but trees are not fullfiled, 11 points missing.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Dankmeme

Post#3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:53 pm

I'd say run 3 dom, 2 anni, 4 BL for the extra armor/int from BL instead of that meh resist 3pc bonus from anni

Darks63

Post#4 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 pm

Question how does aegis work on here vsvlive anyway? On live it was a straight wounds buff w reflect damage. On ror it seems to act like a reactive hot instead.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Zxul

Post#5 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Telperien wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:38 am There`s something with the link. When I open it I can see chosen tactics but trees are not fullfiled, 11 points missing.
The spec is general tactics+ Daemonology based- the rest of the points is based on personal preference.

One thing which I would test here is whatever Rend Winds is considered 3 separate hits in RoR as far as proc chance going off is considered- if so, I might went Changing and see how many damage procs I can get (sorc buff, dok Cov, weapon procs, ets).
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Nidwin

Post#6 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:58 am

Darks63 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:44 pm Question how does aegis work on here vsvlive anyway? On live it was a straight wounds buff w reflect damage. On ror it seems to act like a reactive hot instead.
It's a straight wounds buff like on AoR that adds the tooltip mentioned amount of wounds and HP's. Added wounds for the entire time Aegis is active. The difference and RoR buff to Aegis of Orange Fire is that it also scales up with the amount of points specced in the Path of Daemonology tree.

The damage part is as mentioned in the tooltip and on being hit 25% chances to hit back. I'll have to cross check that but I think the damage also scales up (same as for the wounds buff) and can crititcal hit.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

tazdingo

Post#7 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:33 am

how tanky is this build really? orvr viable?

i love the sound of it and that it fits in rift but the downtime on aegis is putting me off the whole concept

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:02 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:33 am how tanky is this build really? orvr viable?

i love the sound of it and that it fits in rift but the downtime on aegis is putting me off the whole concept
will upload a vid later showcasing it's viability in 1vx situations.

Ads
Nidwin

Post#9 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Way more tanky than mine in glass canon mode but not as much fun.

RoR.builders - Magus
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

tazdingo

Post#10 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:55 pm

don't mean to derail but does this kind of thing also work with chosen? you still have backlash, then bane shield (50%+ uptime with tactic vs aegis 30%, is also altruistic), discordant fluctuation and i believe there are tank armour sets with reflect procs?

i just haven't heard of many reflexive dmg builds but now i wanna try one. i mean there's riposte but i'm thinking super tanky builds for orvr