Recent Topics

Ads

2H Chosen

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tesq

Re: 2H Chosen

Post#11 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:32 am

dragot wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:06 am
Torquemadra wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:17 pm
vertolet wrote:Does not increase by 10%. Increases Critical Damage by 10% of the current value.

If the incoming critical chance is 10%, the tactic increases it to 11%.

its joke?
Your post? Im unsure, its seems kind of funny...

It increases the chance to be critically hit by a flat 10%

If a player has a 20% chance to be critically hit, then should a chosen with crippling strikes slotted get a critical hit on them their chance to be critically hit would rise to 30%

If a player has -20% chance to be critically hit and a chosen manages to get a critical hit on them then they would then have a -10% chance to be critically hit.

Make sense now?
what do you see?
then it was changed because im sure it was proportioal at the beggining and ppl didn't get why in patchnote thread and complan about it, hard keep track of everything.

then yes go for it, 4ht tactic immidiatly

Ads
tyrell

Post#12 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:27 am

A few weeks ago I have playtested with a chosen friend of mine and measured through dps meter and it seems that CS is working additively. The target had 10% chance to be crited and chosen had 15% base crit. After 10 rounds of 1 min bashing for each round we measured an overall crit chance vs said target varying between 30-35 (so an increase crit with a range of 5-10% apparently this variance is due to random sampling). In theory it might be a flat 10% on proc but in practice the dps meter will calculate the average crit on target including the chance before and after proc. Still it would be nice if there was an official confirmation on this matter.

wykedsynn

Post#13 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 am

So new player here as well, I played chosen back in the day and the DPS was not so great in PVE or PVP but I loved the character fantasy. So is 2h chosen decent dps atm in pvp?

Fallenkezef

Post#14 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:05 am

wykedsynn wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 am So new player here as well, I played chosen back in the day and the DPS was not so great in PVE or PVP but I loved the character fantasy. So is 2h chosen decent dps atm in pvp?
The highest ranked Chosen on this server runs 2h so that should indicate it#s viability as a spec.
Alea iacta est

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#15 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:23 am

Ask Jimson, #1 chosen

wykedsynn

Post#16 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:03 pm

oh wow, ok cool thx

Skullgrin

Post#17 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:45 pm

Against my better judgement (I've always felt that players should experiment to find what build they are most comfortable with), here are my two cents worth on a 2H Chosen build. My builds have all generally relied on applying as many DoT's as possible and AoE attacks for mass combat situations rather than attempting to rely on getting large single target crits. At 40/40 this was the tankier 2H build that I went with - RoR.builders - Chosen - 40/40

And here is how I spent my renown - Waronline builder - Chosen - 40/40

For Auras I generally ran Dreadful Fear (the strength bonus scales with the points added to the mastery tree, adding to your overall damage), Dreadful Agony (one of the many DoT's, and it also acts as an early warning system against stealthed Witch Hunters by placing you in combat as soon as it damages them) and finally Discordant Instability (Increases your resistances and has great synergy with Blast Wave - an AoE attack which reduces your opponents heath by 750 for 20 seconds if you have a Discord Aura up).

For tactics I went almost all defensive with them - Flawless Armor (-10% chance to be crit), Rugged (toughness reduces your overall damage taken), Warped Flesh (excellent damage shield) and lastly used Oppressing Blows (+15% crit chance). When I swapped anything out I usually removed Warped Flesh and added in Critical Suppression (it adds to the damage your opponent takes) or Quickened Discord (reduces the cooldowns on Blast Wave and Touch of Palsy, allowing you to keep them both applied constantly).

For Morales use whatever you are most comfortable with, I went for armor reduction and AoE attacks, you may like the lockdown M1 or the defensive morale abilities.

Renown points should be initially spent on defense - you need to max out Reflexes to survive in melee, and Deft Defender helps against all the ranged attackers that you will learn to hate over time :P. Most careers will want to spend 2 ranks in Futile Strikes however you can get away with only 1 rank if you slot the Flawless Armor tactic. The last few points can be spent on whatever stats you want, filling in the ones you lack due to armor and talisman choices.

Finally, here is the main build I use at 40/70+ - RoR.builders - Chosen - 40/70+

This is my renown at rr80 - Waronline builder - Chosen - 40/80

I generally use the same Auras, Tactics and Morales at the higher level, and the extra renown is spent in additional stats to try to get to around 700-800 strength, toughness and wounds. You can adjust those numbers to whatever you feel comfortable with however I wouldn't recommend a toughness less than 600 as you just become too squishy. Adding extra strength gives more damage and you always want as many wounds as is practical. Oh, and just a note, you probably will want to get your initiative to at least 250 or so in order to avoid the worst of the Order ini debuffs.

Hopefully this is of some help, and remember to have fun! :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

orillah
Suspended

Post#18 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:30 pm

Wow, ok, let this op blackguards punt people.

I cant beleive people at rr80 dont reccomend using hastened dismissal at any build.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#19 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:05 pm

orillah wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:30 pm I cant beleive people at rr80 dont reccomend using hastened dismissal at any build.

That would be because 2H Chosen is mostly about dealing damage and pushing through enemy lines, not protecting group-mates. Doing damage as a Chosen means that you need to be on top of your opponent as much as possible, using Quake, Petrify and Dizzying Blow to catch kiters and keep them in melee range.

The only time I regularly use repel is in a scenario where I want to force an opponent away from an objective - for example when they are trying to plant a bomb or capture an artifact or objective. In ORvR there is only one situation that I can think of where I normally use Repel, and that is when my opponent is trying to hug an Engineer Keg to stay within its healing range. When that happens I hit them with Touch of Palsy (which causes damage while they are moving), Repel them off the keg (forces them to move and take Touch of Palsy damage), and follow them as they fly through the air using Relentless (adding to the overall damage).

Tends to make most opponents panic when they suddenly lose 25-50% of their health (along with their heals) in that 6 second burst. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Darosh
Banned

Post#20 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:29 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:05 pm
Spoiler:
orillah wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:30 pm I cant beleive people at rr80 dont reccomend using hastened dismissal at any build.

That would be because 2H Chosen is mostly about dealing damage and pushing through enemy lines, not protecting group-mates. Doing damage as a Chosen means that you need to be on top of your opponent as much as possible, using Quake, Petrify and Dizzying Blow to catch kiters and keep them in melee range.

The only time I regularly use repel is in a scenario where I want to force an opponent away from an objective - for example when they are trying to plant a bomb or capture an artifact or objective. In ORvR there is only one situation that I can think of where I normally use Repel, and that is when my opponent is trying to hug an Engineer Keg to stay within its healing range. When that happens I hit them with Touch of Palsy (which causes damage while they are moving), Repel them off the keg (forces them to move and take Touch of Palsy damage), and follow them as they fly through the air using Relentless (adding to the overall damage).

Tends to make most opponents panic when they suddenly lose 25-50% of their health (along with their heals) in that 6 second burst. :P
Superpunt + guardbot = dead guardee... that is what Orillah is referring to.
Last edited by Darosh on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.