Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder Rotation

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toldavf

Marauder Rotation

Post#1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:50 pm

So recently after changes I've made an adjustment to my rotation that is working out pretty well so i thought I'd share it with you and i'd like to hear what your running atm and why.

So looking at maximising my damage under the new marauder build i have been using tainted claw first. I know it seems like a weird choice but honestly it's been working out pretty well. The ability its self has 2 key virtues (aside from being a heal debuff) that make it an excellent opener.

Firstly it requires mutation which means you can get some extra damage out of it with piercing bite slotted.

Secondly its cool down is blisteringly short, at only 5 seconds it'd definitely in a great spot when it comes to reapplication. Now i know some people will be looking thinking but what about cleanse, well in a groups setting its perfectly viable to run 2 HD's and more over it's also pretty standard practice to make those debuffs 2nd 3rd or even 4th attacks in some case to avoid cleanse in competitive play. In a pug setting if a pug got cleansed more power to him but that heal debuff will be back in 5 seconds.

So onto the the second part of the rotation the armour debuff. We all know what this is for damage amplification and stealing death blows on high defence targets moving on.

Third in the rotation these days is thunderous blows and the reason for this is very simple we use it now to make use of its huge tool tip damage the debuff is irrelevant for this rotation. Vs very hard targets mind it can still be useful as first debuff but vs a more suitable target you can happily bring in a nice big crit a WL that slips his guard at the wrong time could easily even see 4 digits at this point in the rotation. If at any point also if you find yourself attacking something without guard this skill will always serve you better as the third skill.

4th is draining swipes largely filler dps it's debuff is ok but not what it once was, still wortg having but not at the expense of TB.

5th/6th Debilitate our hard hitting snare, or our heal debuff again which ever you would like generally heal debuff first though.

Special mention goes to our gut ripper which you should use as much as possible.

Then in to brutality! for 4 gcds
7th Pulverise
Because when guillotine gets parried it's upsetting so we should do everything possible to avoid that its also a mutation skill and a damn hard hitting one at that.

8th,9th and 10th Either a guillotine and 2 impales or 3 impales, Gyulotine is self explanitary and if you have read this far i will assume you know what it does, and imape is used because its cheap and better damage than anything you will get in savagery at this point (I'm looking at you flail you have one to many L's in your name)

Back to the beginning.

The key to executing this successfully is to not take them as rules because they are only guidelines. You have to judge each target as you go. Hope it helps and i look forward to being pulled apart or receiving your insight into how its best done.

TLDR
TC>CC>TB>DS>TC>Deb>Brute>Pulv>Gul>Imp>Imp
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Re: Marauder Rotation

Post#2 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:54 am

nice tips and thank you for your share, i running full savagery nowdays with scything talons tactic ( from brutality tree i took only 25% dmg buff and 50% crit dmg tactic) and my damage works well.
my key is replace guillottine with TB ( piercing byte doesnt works with TB so i used scything talon for improve my debuff armor and dmg ) for killing blow.
my rotation is pretty close yo yours ( debuff armor/wounds/ap/heal/thougness).
i know my mara miss something like deep dmg with brutality and i'll try your rotation/build.
i would know if convulsive salshing is worths to use like impale/guillottine with piercing byte tactic.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Toldavf

Post#3 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:56 pm

i like scything talon I really do Its just a shame it locks your dps in sav.

To answer your question, no don't use convulsive slashing its damage is far to low vs abilities that allow you to auto attack while using them.

Stinkyweed

Post#4 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:41 pm

NB string please...
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Toldavf

Post#5 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:NB string please...
Never used it.

HissiCNesS

Post#6 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Sounds good, do you mind sharing your build here via RoR class builder? Cheers
Crondar Ravenclaw (MA) / Rennoc Fleshtearer (BG)
Adrovar Warpbender (MG) / Kurgog Gorkamork (BO)

Wigbrand Jaeger (WH) / Lorandriel Moonfang (SW)
Belenos Endovelicus (BW) / Brawlgrim Thunderaxe (SL)

AVENGE THE DEAD, FREE THE ENSLAVED!

twinky

Post#7 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Sounds good.

Toldavf

Post#8 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:25 pm

HissiCNesS wrote:Sounds good, do you mind sharing your build here via RoR class builder? Cheers
My build is fairly standard cookie cutter

Ads
Stinkyweed

Post#9 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Toldavf wrote:
Never used it.
Darnit...I need better traps!
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Yardy

Post#10 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:19 am

Cheers bloke, would never of tried tainted claw first.....i'm always scared of that cleanse. And what about rend? i use it all the time thats probably why i fail? haha (i'm just a scrub)
CRUDE big boss! (Scrubs can lead too)
Yardpig- Black Orc