Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Monstrosity Spec

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kindred4080

Re: [Marauder] Monstrosity Spec

Post#31 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am

Dajciekrwi wrote:Change Crit for Parry
Didn't get this tbh. Mara doesn't have any parry improving tactics.
Shoom - Marauder
Nobguzzlah - Black Orc
Proud member of "No Remorse" :)

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#32 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:52 am

kindred4080 wrote:
Dajciekrwi wrote:Change Crit for Parry
Didn't get this tbh. Mara doesn't have any parry improving tactics.
i have on my mind to spend rr points for Reflex not Opportunism ( or something) . Then use Mara Riposte tactic .
Sorry english is not my native language.

kindred4080

Post#33 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:54 am

Oh, yeah. Definitely the right way to go for it.
Shoom - Marauder
Nobguzzlah - Black Orc
Proud member of "No Remorse" :)

zulnam

Post#34 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:02 pm

I’ve just gotten my monstro mara to a point where he can be fairly useful in rvr and am loving it.

While the damage is obviously not great, i feel like the chaos you can do with the aoe debuffs and stun are great to scatter the enemy and help your teammates pick them up one by one.

Just a few questions to the more experienced players out there: what rotation do you use and in which cases? What’s your preferred angle of attack? What are your stat priorities? Str>toughness>wounds?

From my experience going in from the front vs the rear can be pretty different in what skills are useful. AoE stun for example is usually less useful on frontlines since most targets have already been stunned recently.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

larsulu
Suspended

Post#35 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 pm

For a good monstro spec ( 1v1 only ) the key is yours tactics.
From monstro take hulking brute ( 160 ini/thoug)
Ini/ws debuff aoe Stun and wrecking ball.
From brutality take 50% crit damage and 25% dmg buff for 10 secs.
Main tactics are : piercing byte ( works only on wrecking ball and pulverize) feeding of fear ( with high initiative is worths ) 50% tactic crit damage ( monstro doesn’t have high dmg so you need it for extra dmg ) and hulking brute ( good sustaine )
You can choose others tactics depends of the situations.
Warped flesh works well with SM with spirit dmg, am dps kiting.
Subvert strenght: is a good tactic for solo Mara monstro, as long as you have ap your monstro stance will proc and it keep you alive. This tactic is good with sm, am , ib and Kotb.
Feeding of fear : is pretty useless with guardian wl ( per is immune to the crit) but is very strong vs wh.
Sone tips you could use:
Always use pulverize before aoe ini/ws debuff.
Lots of solo slayers are riposte spec so don’t use wrecking ball, use your mouth of TZEENTCH ( Good for interrupt em ) and detaunt at the right time.
Vs wl guardian, destaunt the player and kill the pet.
Vs sw, use at the right time the pull or he could kite you forever. Sw melee is not a problem for a monstro Mara.
Wp melee, use the mouth of TZEENTCH for interrupt his channeling ( you could switch fast sava for heal debuff ), use mouth of TZEENTCH vs sm too.
Rr points : max parry, futile strike, some points in deft defender. Atleast 900 str with pots.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

larsulu
Suspended

Post#36 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:06 pm

kindred4080 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:15 am Guys, so is it possible to run solo in a fun Surv build (Full Dominator+Genesis Everlasting, using 3rd tree) and kill the overwhelming amount of Guardian WL?
You easily can with monstro Mara.
4 dom pieces for armor bonus and atleast 2 armor 150 talismans.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

zulnam

Post#37 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:20 am

larsulu wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 pm For a good monstro spec ( 1v1 only ) the key is yours tactics.
From monstro take hulking brute ( 160 ini/thoug)
Ini/ws debuff aoe Stun and wrecking ball.
From brutality take 50% crit damage and 25% dmg buff for 10 secs.
Main tactics are : piercing byte ( works only on wrecking ball and pulverize) feeding of fear ( with high initiative is worths ) 50% tactic crit damage ( monstro doesn’t have high dmg so you need it for extra dmg ) and hulking brute ( good sustaine )
You can choose others tactics depends of the situations.
Warped flesh works well with SM with spirit dmg, am dps kiting.
Subvert strenght: is a good tactic for solo Mara monstro, as long as you have ap your monstro stance will proc and it keep you alive. This tactic is good with sm, am , ib and Kotb.
Feeding of fear : is pretty useless with guardian wl ( per is immune to the crit) but is very strong vs wh.
Sone tips you could use:
Always use pulverize before aoe ini/ws debuff.
Lots of solo slayers are riposte spec so don’t use wrecking ball, use your mouth of TZEENTCH ( Good for interrupt em ) and detaunt at the right time.
Vs wl guardian, destaunt the player and kill the pet.
Vs sw, use at the right time the pull or he could kite you forever. Sw melee is not a problem for a monstro Mara.
Wp melee, use the mouth of TZEENTCH for interrupt his channeling ( you could switch fast sava for heal debuff ), use mouth of TZEENTCH vs sm too.
Rr points : max parry, futile strike, some points in deft defender. Atleast 900 str with pots.

Thanks for the advice. I was looking for a more rvr oriented chat however. Don't plan on doing much solo pvp.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Rumpel

Post#38 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:26 am

zulnam wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:02 pm
While the damage is obviously not great, i feel like the chaos you can do with the aoe debuffs and stun are great to scatter the enemy and help your teammates pick them up one by one.
Same here. I tried a new spec, ae ap/morale drain with insane whispers also: http://www.ror.builders/career/marauder ... ,5222,5210

For now it was fun because it felt like marauding around and do chaos to order backline, really funny how you can push this way. Like that many ae debuffs!
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Ads
dalinvar

Post#39 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Don't want to open a new thread so I'm going to post it here.

How to spec renown points for an aoe-monstro mara build for orvr?
I heard abouth maximize parry.. that's it?

Akilinus

Post#40 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:08 pm

Considering bws make up most order aoe dmg I would go with something else.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman