Recent Topics

Ads

Dps Zealot suggestions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wwright72

Re: Dps Zealot suggestions

Post#91 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 am

Foomy44 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:08 am
Spoiler:
Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 am I don't like Scourged Warping tactic because I have no easily identifiable visuals to let me know it has proced and I hate that for timing purposes.
Buffhead says hi. Anyone not playing with that addon is putting themselves at a disadvantage IMO, just pretend it's part of the client if addons make you feel dirty or something, it really should be.
Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:46 am Wind of Insanity, for a 13 point skill simply doesn't do enough, it either needs to be immune to knockback immunities or also boost your armor or parry chance or something.
I don't agree with that, that ability is one of the main reasons I love my dps zealot. I personally think it being immune to immunities is ridiculous, I have shut down WBs with it as is in a good location and it's the main reason I can win 1v1s when I get jumped by a melee. It's channeled so hits multiple times over a decent duration, I don't see any reason 1 ability should be 100% guaranteed to always totally lock down an area for that long a period of time, especially since it also does damage, lifesteals with transference which helps with the survivability if you go that build, and I'm pretty sure it can't be interrupted. Can you imagine how stupid keep fights would be with a stream of guarded zealots hoping in and out the door using this and making sure order can't ever get an attack off with their ram? For comparison SH channeled knockback is a 15 pt ability that respects immunities, doesn't do damage, can be interrupted, and doesn't let you cast other abilities during the channel. WOI doesn't seem that weak in comparison for a 13 pt IMO.

DPS zealots can use a lil love but I really don't think WOI is where the buffing needs to go personally, and making it immune to immunity would just end up getting reverted once people start using it.

Edit: MMMM excellent, let's see how these work out 8-)

Zealot
- Harbinger of Doom now shows as a buff.
- Ritual of Innervation now directly mirrors Master Rune of Fury.
- Scourge's base damage now matches Brain Bursta's.
- Warp Reality's base damage now matches Life Leaka's.

This guy knows whats up. The;
- Harbinger of Doom now shows as a buff.
change will low-key be amazing. People can just look at your buffs and see your a dps and not spamm message you about not healing them.

P.S. Make Mirror of Madness great again. :3
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Ads
Foomy44

Post#92 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:04 am

Yeah Mirror needs love, I actually went looking through forums yesterday for an old post I swear I read from a dev once stating they couldn't lower the cast time without client control back when they first buffed it. Couldn't find it unfortunately but man instant cast would be a lovely change.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Laurentz

Post#93 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 pm

I don't use any addons, I tried in the past but I hate all of them for various reasons.

I was WOI spec at Live, I could stop an entire wb through a chokepoint, for all of 6 seconds, then I died anyway usually. That was when it did effectively ignore knockback immunities. As a point blank clothy you have to pay people to guard you unless you find a few crazy tanks that aren't obsessed with elite meta. WOI is great for delaying a small melee train push if you are guarded or preventing order from falling back if you sneak in behind. It is also great for messing with witch hunters. But while WOI is activated you still get killed by rdps, stunlocked, punted, attacked by WL pets... etc making it tricky to use. In stand off fights you never use it. It also eats a tremendous amount of AP, forcing you to spec for Ritual of Innervation which is now slightly nerfed. At Live I ran that ritual with Waves of Chaos to have endless AP, but this tactic is currently broken (only 10ft radius!). You gimp yourself statwise if you take WOI and Transference because then you can't get the AP ritual, forcing you to take all AP jewelry/items and you will still run out of AP with that. I think WOI as is would be fine if they dropped it to 13AP/sec like Chaotic Agitation.

Again, it is a matter of several minor tweaks or a couple major tweaks that would make the dps zealot worthwhile. This was just one major tweak I would advocate given the points sink to spec it.

Laurentz

Post#94 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:17 pm

And Mirror of Madness, has anyone noticed it not giving renown contribution from kills? Several times when I was using it I dropped it on people, saw them take tons of damage from it and die, but I got no renown. That was the only attack I landed on them.

kweedko

Post#95 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:11 pm

Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:17 pm And Mirror of Madness, has anyone noticed it not giving renown contribution from kills? Several times when I was using it I dropped it on people, saw them take tons of damage from it and die, but I got no renown. That was the only attack I landed on them.
Can someone show me that "tons of damage from it" cause i see only crap damage :mrgreen:

Laurentz

Post#96 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:22 pm

Well the best target for Mirror is a healer that is getting focused, the only problem is they have a good chance of disrupting.

wwright72

Post#97 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:46 pm

Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 pm I don't use any addons, I tried in the past but I hate all of them for various reasons.

I was WOI spec at Live, I could stop an entire wb through a chokepoint, for all of 6 seconds, then I died anyway usually. That was when it did effectively ignore knockback immunities. As a point blank clothy you have to pay people to guard you unless you find a few crazy tanks that aren't obsessed with elite meta. WOI is great for delaying a small melee train push if you are guarded or preventing order from falling back if you sneak in behind. It is also great for messing with witch hunters. But while WOI is activated you still get killed by rdps, stunlocked, punted, attacked by WL pets... etc making it tricky to use. In stand off fights you never use it. It also eats a tremendous amount of AP, forcing you to spec for Ritual of Innervation which is now slightly nerfed. At Live I ran that ritual with Waves of Chaos to have endless AP, but this tactic is currently broken (only 10ft radius!). You gimp yourself statwise if you take WOI and Transference because then you can't get the AP ritual, forcing you to take all AP jewelry/items and you will still run out of AP with that. I think WOI as is would be fine if they dropped it to 13AP/sec like Chaotic Agitation.

Again, it is a matter of several minor tweaks or a couple major tweaks that would make the dps zealot worthwhile. This was just one major tweak I would advocate given the points sink to spec it.
Use AP pots, simple as that. You can use 2 every fight and they're cheap.

Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:22 pm Well the best target for Mirror is a healer that is getting focused, the only problem is they have a good chance of disrupting.
Correct me if im wrong but I don't think Mirror of Madness is disruptable.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Foomy44

Post#98 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:51 pm

wwright72 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:46 pm
Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:14 pm I don't use any addons, I tried in the past but I hate all of them for various reasons.

Use AP pots, simple as that. You can use 2 every fight and they're cheap.

Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:22 pm Well the best target for Mirror is a healer that is getting focused, the only problem is they have a good chance of disrupting.
Correct me if im wrong but I don't think Mirror of Madness is disruptable.
@Laurentz FYI I'm RR 64 and I have literally never once spec'd ap ritual. We must have different definitions of the word "forced". Yes if I spam everything I will run outta AP, this isn't the only class with that problem. If I'm in a zerg and I know I'm gonna try an aoe bomb soon I just stop spamming single target stuff for a few seconds, works fine.

If you wanna see good damage from mirror, cast it on an RP spamming insta heal on himself. Yes you can disrupt the application unless there was a ninja buff to it recently (main reason I quit trying to make it work during the Disruption Dark Ages), haven't tried it this patch. Don't think you can disrupt the dot ticks once it's applied though.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
kweedko

Post#99 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:22 pm

I wish,
Stal life moral - ticks 3 secs intead of 9 secs.

I wish,
Focused mind moral - affect the canneling abilities.

/discus

peterthepan3

Post#100 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 pm

kweedko wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:22 pm I wish,
Stal life moral - ticks 3 secs intead of 9 secs.

I wish,
Focused mind moral - affect the canneling abilities.

/discus
The first one I can see an argument for, but regardless...this isn't the place for making proposals.