Recent Topics

Ads

Dps Zealot suggestions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wwright72

Re: Dps Zealot suggestions

Post#71 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:31 am

It's not as good as you think(as a healer). You have to give up your +1080 armor/+10% anti armor pen to people you HoT aside from that debuffing people with spittle is very unreliable without harbinger up. So best case; you've got a >30% uptime on the debuff as a healer. Not to mention playing in melee as a healer is a good way to get trained by everyone and they're past five generations.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Ads
Dabbart

Post#72 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:19 pm

Go for it Jaycub. In a 3/2/1 that Z or that mara is getting smoked. Spittle is a 40ft cone, and any Z in that type of spec requires a Guard... At which point, the 2/2/2 theory starts to be thought of, and then you realize that the 6man just simply doesn't produce enough DPS...

Adding an AOE DPz to a 12man or WB works exceptionally well. Taking the place of 1 dps in a 6 man however... You lose too much imo. Also, there is the fact that the Z is purposefully charging into melee...

Using the M1 and 3pt tactic in a ST Z spec is a little different. End of the day however, unless your plannng out a 12man+ the DPz just doesn't have enough abilities. Now, my healing geared Z was very survival based. But he crit for like 400 when he wasn't disrupted... Z in DPS gear just goes Pop. Especially when you try to swap to Healing mode to save yourself/ally and then are stuck with partially crap heals for 20s... So you just never swap to healing mode, and thereby ignore more than 1/2 your abilities...

I really wanted DPz to be a thing. Sadly, it doesn't work out the way it feels like it could..
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

wwright72

Post#73 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Dabbart wrote:I really wanted DPz to be a thing. Sadly, it doesn't work out the way it feels like it could..
I partially agree with you(not to say it's not a thing) the ST dmg just isnt at the lvl of other dps respectively nor do you have quick swapping potental between spot healing and dpsing. Saving grace being your aoe burst.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

kweedko

Post#74 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:34 am

Yeah yeah necroposting but, **** just got real have a look viewtopic.php?f=95&t=28103

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#75 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:41 am

1 word ...DONT

obamia

Post#76 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 am

One skill Harbinger of Doom, this needs to be in 5 secs cd. Then the class will be fun to play again!

kweedko

Post#77 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:40 am

obamia wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:08 am One skill Harbinger of Doom, this needs to be in 5 secs cd. Then the class will be fun to play again!
Actually this change nothing. 20 sec 5 sec this in not very usable while you tacts morals and build stays the same, you just become a crappy healer or a crappy DD just to survive a bit longer. :mrgreen:

Nidwin

Post#78 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:41 am

kweedko wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:34 am Yeah yeah necroposting but, **** just got real have a look viewtopic.php?f=95&t=28103
Couple of remarks about your proposal kweedko.

1. With Scourge Warping tactic, Scourge becomes insta cast on a very regular base with Warp Reality(s) ticking. With Transference slotted it will also heal your def target so at the moment it's like a trade off, less damage for a little bone. Same for SoR at 10Mpts (IFOC is 14Mpts) who has also a funny snare component.

Forget about your "hard one" as it aint going to happen. I'm not against a little up for the Zealot's base damage on some skills although.

2. That extra damage ability from the Marks is not a solution for any kind of issues with dps Zealot with or without lowering the CD.

3.1 50% heal on all damage would be OP I think, nice to have but OP. I would although like to see Transference being lowered to a 8Mpts tactic slot in PoW or PoDR mastery trees.

4.2 MoR has been changed so your proposal isn't realy up to date I think. (Mirror of Madness now causes damage to the recipient on direct heal received instead of heal cast; damage occurs once per second max, and ability can be cast on the move)
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#79 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 am

Havent read the whole thread sorry
Changes I would suggest.
Lashing Waves to make Warp Reality and Lash aoe.
Scourged Warping instead of 10% extra dmg has a corp debuff.

kweedko

Post#80 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:55 am

Nidwin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:41 am

2. That extra damage ability from the Marks is not a solution for any kind of issues with dps Zealot with or without lowering the CD.
But with this CD you actually can start to use them it's give you a variety. Extra dot or insta cast can't be bad or useless.
Nidwin wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:41 am 4.2 MoR has been changed so your proposal isn't realy up to date I think. (Mirror of Madness now causes damage to the recipient on direct heal received instead of heal cast; damage occurs once per second max, and ability can be cast on the move)
But still it's not critting or benefit from int. And who give a **** about 500 dmg when you overhealed with 4k healcrits. So i think my proporsal to make it real healerpressure skill is better choice than another flat damage for no reason skill - some frogen free procs hit harder then this 14 point skill in a very situational tree branch. :mrgreen: