Recent Topics

Ads

Dps Zealot suggestions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Nidwin

Re: Dps Zealot suggestions

Post#111 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:08 am

something went again wrong by posting reply it seems again.
Last edited by Nidwin on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Nidwin

Post#112 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:08 am

Laurentz wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:51 pm And now I have found that Transference randomly stops working. Zoning does not fix it, dropping and restarting Harbinger does not fix it. Only relogging fixes it. No idea what is triggering to make it stop working or how long this has been going on, only noticed it yesterday. Gonna file a bug report and just retire this character.
Yep.
I cleared the tactic slots and put all my tactics in alphabetic order (transference in 4th slot) and didn't notice the issue again. But this could just be a lucky, one time, period of time that trans didn't stop working or me not noticing it stop working at all.
But it doesn't matter, dps Zealot can now be safely shelved.

Laurentz

Post#113 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Nid, I found that if I unslotted the tactic then reslotted it, it would start working again. Unfortunately I found that a tactic on another character has the same issue and now I'm worried it may be affecting all tactics on all characters, but because it happens so rarely no one really notices.

Nidwin

Post#114 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:00 am

Laurentz,

That's not going to be easy to track. Transference is quite obvious when it stops working.

I did have a feeling, no evidence although, that Piercing Shadows didn't always proc. I'll keep an eye on that one as it's an easy one to track on my Sorceress.

I'll respec my Havoc Magus and go for a Changer's Blessing/Fiery Winds spec to check on Changers's Blessing that does share some similarities with Transference.

Ramasee

Post#115 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:08 pm

Unless a handler has become broken, transference will work on any ability with intelligence set as its attacking stat (aka can be disrupted) and deals direct damage. Either of those conditions missing and it will do nothing.

lefze
Suspended

Post#116 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:25 pm

Tactics come and go these days. Break randomly, some have to be reapplied after death, some have to be reapplied after zoning, some work one day, don't work the next day. Hell, I've had tactics break to the point where a tactic I no longer had slotted was suddenly proccing. Have also been able to swap tactics in combat occasionally for some reason.
Rip Phalanx

neutrino

Post#117 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:27 pm

Best DPS Zealot Advice: Don't DPS.

If you want to DPS roll a DPS class.
Just heal people healer.....

I dps'd with a Zealot a bunch of times at RR100 with the best gear available. It can work sometimes with a good group comp, BUT it will ALWAYS be underwhelming compared to the regular DPS classes. Just let it go. Lastly, do not q the pug scenario as a dps healer. Destro has enough comp issues with archtype imbalance already.
Home of Warhammer Drow "Old School"!

Laurentz

Post#118 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:33 pm

Neut speaks the truth, I'm just waiting for the day dps zealot performs like live again. Still saddens me though, I enjoyed dps zealot twice as much as any other class back in the day. Dps AMs seem to be massively OP at the moment, so maybe dps Shaman is worth it?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#119 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:38 pm

Laurentz wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:33 pm Neut speaks the truth, I'm just waiting for the day dps zealot performs like live again. Still saddens me though, I enjoyed dps zealot twice as much as any other class back in the day. Dps AMs seem to be massively OP at the moment, so maybe dps Shaman is worth it?
DPS shaman are as good as archmages. Don't misjudge high scoreboard numbers, it's uncleansed dot dmg and aoe, which causes high dmg score.
Dying is no option.