Recent Topics

Ads

Dps Zealot suggestions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kweedko

Re: Dps Zealot suggestions

Post#101 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:08 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 pm
kweedko wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:22 pm I wish,
Stal life moral - ticks 3 secs intead of 9 secs.

I wish,
Focused mind moral - affect the canneling abilities.

/discus
The first one I can see an argument for, but regardless...this isn't the place for making proposals.
Come on wuss bring your argument. :mrgreen:

Posted a tread in propolsals.

Ads
Laurentz

Post#102 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:10 am

Foomy are you running with an AP aura Chosen? Without AP ritual as pbaoe zealot you run out of AP on one rotation of your aoe attacks.

Daemon Spittle (45 AP) - Rite of Agony (40 AP) - WOI (20AP/sec) - Chaotic Agitation (13AP/sec) = out of AP before CA does a full channel. I'm at 13 AP/sec regen from items testing this out. And now that AP ritual has been really changed it is effectively useless for generating AP as pbaoe zealot (but better for heal zealots).

A major component of this spec was fast cooldown Spittle and Rite throwing out constant low level damage in between CA and WOI cooling down, but that is now impossible in any sort of extended duration fight. I have to chug AP pots now and pace myself which means crap damage output and almost no off-heals.

I simply can't make this spec work now and I loved the hell out of it at live.

Foomy44

Post#103 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:36 am

Laurentz wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:10 am Foomy are you running with an AP aura Chosen? Without AP ritual as pbaoe zealot you run out of AP on one rotation of your aoe attacks.

Daemon Spittle (45 AP) - Rite of Agony (40 AP) - WOI (20AP/sec) - Chaotic Agitation (13AP/sec) = out of AP before CA does a full channel. I'm at 13 AP/sec regen from items testing this out. And now that AP ritual has been really changed it is effectively useless for generating AP as pbaoe zealot (but better for heal zealots).

A major component of this spec was fast cooldown Spittle and Rite throwing out constant low level damage in between CA and WOI cooling down, but that is now impossible in any sort of extended duration fight. I have to chug AP pots now and pace myself which means crap damage output and almost no off-heals.

I simply can't make this spec work now and I loved the hell out of it at live.
When I'm in a zerg fight I'm usually just trying to keep Corp/Armor debuff up on as many targets as possible and spamming RoA to help keep my HP up on the move between Daemon Spittles. CA I save for if someone needs burst single target healing or I got lots of AP somehow (I've never been impressed by the damage so don't really feel I'm missing out on much by not spamming it every time it's up, and like you say it's guaranteed to run me outta AP) and WoI I usually only as a oh-**** button whether for the KBs or more lifesteal healing. I'm definitely not putting out top tier damage but I've always felt the spammable aoe debuff alone was enough justification for bringing a dps zelly along in a zerg, the damage is just icing on the cake. I'd love more AP but transference has always seemed more vital to me for being able to actually stay alive in zerg to get the aoe off (I mostly pug/solo roam so can't always rely on healers or guard) so I've never run AP ritual and have just gotten used to it I suppose. Definitely low numbers for a dps class but I'm pretty sure if you are doing good at applying Demon Spittle debuff then you end up enabling more damage for destro than a pure dps class would have ended up causing so it works out ok, and 1 good WoI has the potential to swing lots of fights which is always fun.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Laurentz

Post#104 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:49 pm

I've done some more playing around with Mirror of Madness and yes it is quite useless. It is particularly annoying to cast it on a target that ends up getting no heals or dies overwhelmingly in like 2 seconds so you get one tick at best. For the mastery level required and a 2 second cast time this ability is atrociously unreliable. Maybe twice in about half an hour of seesawing zerg battle did I have it really do anything for me because the trick is to put it on someone early and know for certain someone else is going to throw lots of heals at them.

I also wonder if there is ever going to be any movement on fixing the two broken tactics for the zealot I reported to bugtracker 8 months ago. The fix for Waves of Chaos can't be that difficult in particular.

Gangan

Post#105 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Laurentz wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:49 pm
[...]

I also wonder if there is ever going to be any movement on fixing the two broken tactics for the zealot I reported to bugtracker 8 months ago. The fix for Waves of Chaos can't be that difficult in particular.
To which tactics are you referring?
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Laurentz

Post#106 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:18 pm

Waves of Chaos and the aoe silence tactic, the name of which now escapes me.

Gangan

Post#107 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:44 pm

Found the reports. Looks like there a several problems with the dps-zealot tactic wise.

Something unconfirmed is that either the tooltips are ~25% off or that flat dmg is missing. Didn't had the time to test this, yet.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Laurentz

Post#108 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:59 am

I'm trying an aoe build right now with +22 ap/sec gear slotted and I'm still out of ap in one rotation. This is just nuts. Would be nice to see some of these massive ap costs dropped a bit since our ap ritual got nerfed.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#109 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:42 am

Laurentz wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:59 am I'm trying an aoe build right now with +22 ap/sec gear slotted and I'm still out of ap in one rotation. This is just nuts. Would be nice to see some of these massive ap costs dropped a bit since our ap ritual got nerfed.
You don't notice the +ap, because you have no regen, when you spam instants and channel casts on cooldown. This is the reason you are out of ap. For the whole channel you now only have once the chance to proc ap from ritual. In the previous iteration you would be at full ap all the time, because it can proc on every target hit by aoe.
Dying is no option.

Laurentz

Post#110 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:51 pm

And now I have found that Transference randomly stops working. Zoning does not fix it, dropping and restarting Harbinger does not fix it. Only relogging fixes it. No idea what is triggering to make it stop working or how long this has been going on, only noticed it yesterday. Gonna file a bug report and just retire this character.