Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Path of Changing support

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sarineth

[Magus] Path of Changing support

Post#1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:15 am

Read about anything I could find on the forums on Sorcerers and talked with several in game. And it got me thinking but I can't get past the theory of my idea without input from experienced Sorcerers and Magi.
Seems the standard Sorcerer tactic is a single target burst build. Path of Agony to get Impending Doom and Swell of Gloom, Path of Calamity to get Vision of Domination, Shadow of Disaster and Hand of Ruin. And then some freedom on the last tactic slotted depending on situation and any spare mastery points spent in Calamity to boost the spirit debuff.
Gathering from this I would assume the spirit resistance debuff from Shadow of Disaster increases if you put more points in Calamity tree. Forgot to ask this specifically. But does the willpower debuff from Vision of Domination also increase?

I know this above part is for the Sorcerers and this is also posted on the Dark Elf board. What I was really wondering though, at what point (aka how many Sorcerers in warband) would it be better to bring a full path of Changing Magus for a bigger spirit resistance debuff and Wither Soul debuff (+15% damage taken, -5% disrupt, 20 sec duration, 20 sec cooldown - this is with Deamonic Withering tactic).
Since it is an aoe dot spreading Magus the contribution to the single target nuke would be minimal apart from maybe Indigo Fire of Change and Rend Winds.
Or would it just always be better to bring in another Sorcerer? Or is a full Path of Changing Magus worth bringing along in any situation?

Ads
dantesinfernalhell

Re: [Magus] Path of Changing support

Post#2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:32 am

well, if you dot the **** out of the entire enemy line, that stresses the healers more so that the sorcerers single target burst gets through that much easier, savvy.

full corruption dots are nothing to be ignored!

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#3 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 am

Well full changing is my love style But its rly nit that effektiv :( Sure you can dot like hell and bring a but burst to Single target.
It's nice for keep attacks and defenses or scs like morkain and doomfist. But If you play a full Single target magus before you rly miss The good burst
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

roadkillrobin

Post#4 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:09 am

Mist also seems to be nerfed into the ground.