Recent Topics

Ads

Need advice on marauder pvp and spec etc.

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: Need advice on marauder pvp and spec etc.

Post#11 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:43 pm

get the armor debuff as soon as you can tbh. aoe kd is only good in rvr/1v1, as most of the time someone will have a KD/stagger and immunities will be flying. also if you get the aoe kd you severely limit your ST/utility DPS by not being able to get all the savage/brut goodies.

Ads
thefarthestland

Post#12 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:14 am

the game is total based in guard and heal
If you do not have you wasting time

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:23 am

thefarthestland wrote:the game is total based in guard and heal

Having said that....

Mara is one of the best 1v1 melee classes in the game

Toldavf

Post#14 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:41 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
thefarthestland wrote:the game is total based in guard and heal

Having said that....

Mara is one of the best 1v1 melee classes in the game
Its versatile for sure but its place in the solo pecking order is debatable.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Bephamoth

Post#15 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:57 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:get the armor debuff as soon as you can tbh. aoe kd is only good in rvr/1v1, as most of the time someone will have a KD/stagger and immunities will be flying. also if you get the aoe kd you severely limit your ST/utility DPS by not being able to get all the savage/brut goodies.
I'm not here to create a debate about what is the better and what is not.
Just keep in mind: CC (crowd control) is the basis of PvP and is a MUST HAVE.
Now if you can't manage to land it properly, blame yourself. If your allies give CC immunity to your ennemies because they can't manage to land CC properly, blame your allies.

I'll never build a Marauder w/o at least 10 pts into Monstruosity, so much powerfull tools here (Concusive Jolt, Insane Whipsers,...). Damages can wait, Marauders are not Choppas. Choppas have high damages, marauders have survivability, debuffs & crowd controls.
Bephamoth - Marauder (Level 34 Renown 25)
Karakas - Slayer (Level 7 Renown 10)

" FLEE FOOLS!!! I'm surrounding all of you! "

Telperien

Post#16 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:09 pm

I can compare Mara to WL all way lvling 1 to rr 45. WL is walk in a park compared to Mara. Mara require some time to start outdps target, which as a solo player dont always have. Be patient, learn your dbuffs, when u need them, then u dont. Pick easy targets to practice combat. LAter pick tougher targets, like tanks. And good luck. If u insist travel solo to t4, prepare to die a lot as mdps:) LIsten Peterpan and Norkalli, they know what they talking a bout and like to share knowleadge. Use it:)
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Oldschool

Post#17 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:47 am

I have now my first Marauder played to lvl 40 rr35.
After playing at live Server some careers to lvl 40 rr40+, like IB, Slayer, BW, WP, SH.
Regarding the Marauder I have to say, Marauder have no Burst damage compared to his mirror class WL. And also misses some Skills to be able to get to the fight with a Ranged class.
WL have pounce insta cast, and fetch insta cast to make you jump to your target or/and make your Lion kicks your enemy to you. Marauder have 2sec cast of terrible embrace, whts in fact is terrible....
I had some 1:1 with WLs and I always got my ass kicked and died in few seconds. WLs burst out such a damage in few seconds what a Marauder misses.
Ist not a whine text here, ist just I want to know if there is something I miss in playing my Marauder or it is a realy balanced but not needed and not favorite class.
cause I cant feel that a Marauder is doing something Special what makes him needed.
I dont Need to Play my marauder, I can do another classes, but I love the style of my marauder and like to Play them but feel alot of times realy underpowered and worthless.
I loose against the ranged classes cause I can not reach them without dying if they kite me and I can not out DPS them.

So my question to Marauder Players, whats your set up and playstyle?
If we have more AOE damage, I would say Marauder is worth to Play as a AOE class, but as far I see this, there is no real deal with this.
So somebody can help me before I choose another class? Whats the deal with a Marauder?
Armor debuffing? and with some tactics Health debuffing? and then? Some advices?
Thank you very much!

Kattastrof

Post#18 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:00 am

1. Roll a dice to pick a tree 1-2/3-4/5-6 do this twice
2. roll a dice to decide how many abilities/tactics to go for.
Roll another dice for your secondary tree
If you have points to spend after this put them in the final tree. (you are allowed to pick 1 stats tactics and remove the others but it still counts as first abilitiy)

The point of my clown post is
You cant go wrong when using a swiz army nuke

Ads