Recent Topics

Ads

Your thoughts about Mara

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sofong

Re: Your thoughts about Mara

Post#11 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:43 am

that the ROR devs have done. If the devs never buffed any of the live classes, and just nerfed the Marauder, then the Marauder would still probably be really good (since they were very strong on live). However, the combination of nerfing this class while subsequently heavily buffing many other classes has done a double whammy of power creep here, where classes are now heavily surpassing the Mara in terms of overall power and usefulness.

yes.... very true

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#12 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 am

Just wait a proper adjustment.

Foofmonger

Post#13 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:03 am Don't necessarily disagree with the Thunderous Blow revert but a ton of Order classes were given huge nerfs. Knight, SW, BW, Slayer, Engineer, WL. Chosen and DOK were also nerfed to a lesser extent.

No Order class really got any major buffs other than Assault Shadow Warriors.
I'll be honest, I just came back to ROR for basically the first time (I had played a little in T1 right when this server came out), and my knowledge of the past changes is solely based on going through and reading all the patch notes, of which I don't recall every single tweak. So what you are saying may be true, but I cannot verify it. From a cursory understanding though (and I'll go double check later), I don't think you are 100% correct. For instance, Engineers and Magus are definitely stronger than they were on life and have been buffed. Remember that I'm comparing to live, not a classes ROR hayday.

I can double check later and confirm if my theory is correct or not, but you do bring up a fair point. I'm not saying I inherently disagree with you, just that I would need to independently come to that conclusion by analyzing the data, and not just taking your word for it.

EDIT!!!!!: You've inspired me to do a full balance review/pass, and I have just finished compiling all of the balance changes in changelogs, which I will then do class based analysis on. I can say this, from my cursory reivew here: my theory above is 100% correct. Remember, this isn't about Order vs Destro, but Mara vs Everyone Else, and I can say with confidence that the Mara has had the least amount of balance changes/love/buffs from the dev team of any class in this game (I may be wrong once I get the data aligned, but that is what it seems like). Regardless, I will be providing hard evidence to prove my points, opinions are fine but not worth a whole lot.

VkdswWH

Post#14 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Flail must be sinergy with piercing bite.
Thunderous Blow must be sinergy with piercing bite
Convulsive Slashing damage needs to up (its wierd useles no damage skill now)
Marauder offensive sovereign armor set must be get 2 points in brutality tree to be more universal
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Luthyen

Post#15 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:27 pm

i am a new player and just became rank 40 rr 40, and the marauder feels very unsatisfying according to his dmg-output. Wish he would be a bit better, cause i love him to play. I really enjoy his setup

wildwindblows

Post#16 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:42 pm

Hello, mara is playable these days. You just need rr and gear. Don't play solo. Cheers.

Luthyen

Post#17 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:46 pm

I hope so, because i really love the gameplay with him :)

Nosun

Post#18 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Damn I wish I had read this sooner I had assumed the tactics didn't work for other stances but I asked in advice if that was true and two obviously wrong people answered me that they did so I've been using a tactic that is useless most of the time while I 2 button aoe. As far as mara goes and I have only played it into early 60s with a vanq set is that I like the tankiness but the lack of damage while playing aoe spec say compared to a loner aoe wl of the same level can make it rather frustrating because it seems I'm often not quite putting out enough damage to finish people off. Also lack of mobility is an issue you don't have pounce or a way to get to people fast other than charge. The pull is very limited in times you can use it and often does not work. When the gave mara the huge over buff it was definitely too much and did need the nerf it got but now I feel the class is back to very meh mdps maybe destros worst mdps.

Ads
Sundowner

Post#19 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:57 pm

Nosun wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:43 pm Damn I wish I had read this sooner I had assumed the tactics didn't work for other stances but I asked in advice if that was true and two obviously wrong people answered me that they did so I've been using a tactic that is useless most of the time while I 2 button aoe. As far as mara goes and I have only played it into early 60s with a vanq set is that I like the tankiness but the lack of damage while playing aoe spec say compared to a loner aoe wl of the same level can make it rather frustrating because it seems I'm often not quite putting out enough damage to finish people off. Also lack of mobility is an issue you don't have pounce or a way to get to people fast other than charge. The pull is very limited in times you can use it and often does not work. When the gave mara the huge over buff it was definitely too much and did need the nerf it got but now I feel the class is back to very meh mdps maybe destros worst mdps.
Mara's flat dmg in AOE is higher than WLs, WL can get good numbers due to the 2 dots he will be using.

Also mara is probably the best destro mdps due to the awesome aoe, cc and ST. Also very good in ranked. The only thing he lacks is pugstomping ability of WL.

wildwindblows

Post#20 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Nosun wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:43 pm Damn I wish I had read this sooner I had assumed the tactics didn't work for other stances but I asked in advice if that was true and two obviously wrong people answered me that they did so I've been using a tactic that is useless most of the time while I 2 button aoe. As far as mara goes and I have only played it into early 60s with a vanq set is that I like the tankiness but the lack of damage while playing aoe spec say compared to a loner aoe wl of the same level can make it rather frustrating because it seems I'm often not quite putting out enough damage to finish people off. Also lack of mobility is an issue you don't have pounce or a way to get to people fast other than charge. The pull is very limited in times you can use it and often does not work. When the gave mara the huge over buff it was definitely too much and did need the nerf it got but now I feel the class is back to very meh mdps maybe destros worst mdps.
I saw mara's worst days and i can say that it is playable atm. However, you need BIS gear. Mara always has the lowest damage compared to others no matter what. But still, pick a proper dps or 2h tank instead of mara.