Recent Topics

Ads

2h Chosen and discordant winds in 6 man

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Detangler

2h Chosen and discordant winds in 6 man

Post#1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:23 pm

Is it worth the heal debuff? I'm afraid it might make a chosen too easy to kill rocking 2 handers. Anyone with experience got any feedback? I can never seem to get ranked scenarios to pop anymore, so cant really test it out myself.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
gke96

Re: 2h Chosen and discordant winds in 6 man

Post#2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:59 pm

I prefer stacking parry & parry striketrough for chosen as chosen and kotbs are two lowest dps characters in this game.

A build around discordant winds is also possible since %80+ of abilities u spam in 6v6 are physical damage (snare, sever blessing, tooth of tzeentch, touch of palsy, suppression, withering blow, autoattack, downfall) but it depends on your build and might not be worth it depending on your weaponskill and targets armor
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

gke96

Post#3 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Also it is not about being squishy as you will slot more defensive tactics or use more defensive gear to ensure your survivability, this will cost you other stats tho and %20 reduced healing needs around 1000-1500 armor to cover up
HORSEWHISPERER - PHALANX
CHOPPPA - PHALANX
COLDONE - PHALANX
SUNWHISPERER - ZERG
DOGWHISPERER - ZERG
BEARD - ZERG

Illuminati

Post#4 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:19 am

There are a lot of cool builds to run with the new +2 mastery trees.

However, I am not sure Discordant Winds works at all at the highest level unless you ran high armor (like someone suggested) and something like,

(Remember needs +2 mastery)
Tree 1: Oppressive Blows (Tactic), Relentless, Feed the Weary (Tactic)
Tree 3: Tzeentch's Reflection, Quake, Discordant Turbulence (Aura)

Tactics: Oppressive Blows, Feed the Weary, Discordant Winds, and Hastened Dismissal (6v6)

Not sure if it's worth it but you would be able to heavily buff your own damage. To deal with melee/phys mit you would probably have to get creative with gear (i.e. 3x RedEye, Armor Talis, etc.).
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Illuminati

Post#5 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:22 am

The damage is still too low btw, they should add something like,

Discordant Winds:"..... Taunt now increases damage by 50%"
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6