Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen Suppression and Maxed Defense

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anrix

Chosen Suppression and Maxed Defense

Post#1 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:37 pm

Are the descriptions on this skill and tactic correct? If so with a shield block parry chance could have an added 50% chance. Seems overpowered, or does it mean if you had 10% parry and blocked then used the skill you would get 15% parry instead of 60%?

If it is the formula that would add up to 60% in my example then wouldn’t a chosen who dumps renown into block and parry be pretty immune to all frontal attacks?

Ads
Haskr

Re: Chosen Suppression and Maxed Defense

Post#2 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Suppression gives you 25% parry
Mixed Defenses gives you 25% parry if you block
together they give you 50% parry if both are up

Parry works against melee attack and guard damage

anrix

Post#3 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:17 pm

So, i finally got a level 25 chosen and got both the tactic and the skill.

The way these work is as follows, the tactic is an added 25%, but the suppression skill is not, it is a 1.25 multiple of your current parry. So if you have 10 parry, suppression will raise it to 12.5. Mixed Defense would raise it to 35%.

ahorts

Post#4 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:05 pm

anrix wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:17 pm So, i finally got a level 25 chosen and got both the tactic and the skill.

The way these work is as follows, the tactic is an added 25%, but the suppression skill is not, it is a 1.25 multiple of your current parry. So if you have 10 parry, suppression will raise it to 12.5. Mixed Defense would raise it to 35%.
No, they are additive. Each one gives you +25% parry rate.
Vrede

anrix

Post#5 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:40 pm

Yes you are correct. I just checked again. Must of been a UI bug, restart issue or something, suppression didn't add in before, but now it is.

Jail

Post#6 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:15 pm

Inb4 nerf