Recent Topics

Ads

need help with shaman dps build

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
saveoursouls

need help with shaman dps build

Post#1 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:12 pm

hi guys can u recommand me good shaman dps build
and how i can manage dots easlier now with no nerfbuttons working

i use gcdsaver and seuqncer but does not work well
is there way to utilize them somehow to make it work
and is there any other good addons for dots managment on enemies

Ads
Wattser

Re: need help with shaman dps build

Post#2 » Wed May 25, 2022 1:08 pm

Bumping this. Interested also for an up-to-date build. Build/armor/wep would be much appreciated.

nat3s

Post#3 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:26 pm

This is the standard solo roaming meta build:
RoR.builders - Shaman

Right tree buffs your hard hitting dots, middle tree buffs your weaker dot, don't be fooled into going Touch of Gork if you want to solo roam.

Detaunt > AP drain > puddle kite whilst healing

After second AP drain then go full dots. Hots will keep you up whilst detaunt is running, AP drain is the i-win button to neuter enemy dps. You can dot up straight away if you have the range and then detaunt of course.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Toggle

Post#4 » Wed May 25, 2022 7:34 pm

It’s posted already somewhere else in the Greenskin forum, but you have basically two routes for “BIS” gear as a DPS shaman. You can go for a crit build (mix of off sov/warlord - pick all the pieces with crit) or you can go magic power (mix of off sov/ranked - pick all the pieces with magic power). I went the crit route, and it seems to work just fine. I’m working on the magic power stuff now, but it requires the ranked ring (10k crests), so just be aware that it will be a much longer grind than going crit build. The pieces also don’t really match up, so you should pick one of the two from the beginning and go for it.

Weapons are basically whatever you want personally between SC staff, Fort weapon, or Bloodlord. I went for Fort due to the extra magic crit, but I’m working on Bloodlord because I’ll need it for the magic power build I want to try.

I run a slightly different build than the one listed above. I go left tree for toughness HoT and puddle, and then middle tree for heal debuff and channeled buff. Other build is probably better for true solo roam, but that rarely happens anymore. I spend more time zerg surfing or in keep defense/attacks than I do truly alone.

Edit - I was wrong. The discussion occurred in the High Elf section, but it still applies. Link is below.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=47812
Last edited by Toggle on Wed May 25, 2022 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Wattser

Post#5 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:32 pm

Thanks for the input guys, great to be back in RoR, and always loved my little Shammy and glad to have some advice. At 40/31 so have some work ahead of me. Whaagh!

Sulorie

Post#6 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:44 pm

Toggle wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:34 pm It’s posted already somewhere else in the Greenskin forum, but you have basically two routes for “BIS” gear as a DPS shaman. You can go for a crit build (mix of off sov/warlord - pick all the pieces with crit) or you can go magic power (mix of off sov/ranked - pick all the pieces with magic power). I went the crit route, and it seems to work just fine. I’m working on the magic power stuff now, but it requires the ranked ring (10k crests), so just be aware that it will be a much longer grind than going crit build. The pieces also don’t really match up, so you should pick one of the two from the beginning and go for it.
You don't actually need the ranked ring in either build and it's at the same time BiS for any build. 4pc ranked gives no dmg boost, as it's only a defensive proc.

So 5 off sov + 3 ranked is already viable if you want to go for a balance between crit and magic power. Every piece will have either crit or magic power.
Dying is no option.

Toggle

Post#7 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:47 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:44 pm
Toggle wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:34 pm It’s posted already somewhere else in the Greenskin forum, but you have basically two routes for “BIS” gear as a DPS shaman. You can go for a crit build (mix of off sov/warlord - pick all the pieces with crit) or you can go magic power (mix of off sov/ranked - pick all the pieces with magic power). I went the crit route, and it seems to work just fine. I’m working on the magic power stuff now, but it requires the ranked ring (10k crests), so just be aware that it will be a much longer grind than going crit build. The pieces also don’t really match up, so you should pick one of the two from the beginning and go for it.
You don't actually need the ranked ring in either build and it's at the same time BiS for any build. 4pc ranked gives no dmg boost, as it's only a defensive proc.

So 5 off sov + 3 ranked is already viable if you want to go for a balance between crit and magic power. Every piece will have either crit or magic power.
You think a middle of the road is better than stacking one or the other? I'm not convinced. If your int is capped, wouldn't it make more sense to go full crit or max magic power?

I really wish this game had a test area/arena like GW2. Dummies are nice, but it does you no good to test things if you have to grind the gear out first to see if it's viable.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed May 25, 2022 8:57 pm

Toggle wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:47 pm

You think a middle of the road is better than stacking one or the other? I'm not convinced. If your int is capped, wouldn't it make more sense to go full crit or max magic power?

I really wish this game had a test area/arena like GW2. Dummies are nice, but it does you no good to test things if you have to grind the gear out first to see if it's viable.
INT is capped anyway. 44% crit with soulstone and liniment. No filler pieces.
Last edited by Sulorie on Wed May 25, 2022 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Toggle

Post#9 » Wed May 25, 2022 9:17 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:57 pm
Toggle wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:47 pm

INT is capped anyway. 44% crit with soulstone and liniment. No filler pieces.
Using which gear? Stacking crit or stacking magic power?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 pm

Toggle wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:17 pm

Using which gear? Stacking crit or stacking magic power?
5 sov, 3 ranked only, so 4% less crit. All armor pieces have either mcrit or mp.

Made an excel list to compare the armor sets with selected stats I want to focus on.
You can have like:
0 magic power, 18% crit
180 mp, 2% crit
104 mp, 12% crit -> my choice
Dying is no option.