Recent Topics

Ads

I main a SH but want to main my Shaman.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gilfo1924

I main a SH but want to main my Shaman.

Post#1 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:17 pm

At the moment I am healing spec but I'm going to eventually get both DPS and healing sov sets for my Shaman.

My question is how does a Shaman DPS compare to a ranged SH DPS?

Ads
Winry

Re: I main a SH but want to main my Shaman.

Post#2 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:26 pm

Nothing compares to SH dmg.

Andack

Post#3 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Winry wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:26 pm Nothing compares to SH dmg.
God, that's just pure troll.

Brutinho

Post#4 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:38 pm

I main a rSH and also am working on a shamman. These are findings base on my own personal experience with the classes and base on my own opinions;

Burst
rSH has an easier time building towards burst (more frontloaded), but shamman's can do a lot more damage as they take longee to build up (back loaded).

Damage:
Shamans are less gear dependant than rSH as the latter requires WS to be able to dish good damage. Shammy DoTs can really eat through HP real quick if left unchecked.

Survivability:
Although rSH has more variaty on its toolkit I feel shamans are more durable on a 1v1 1vX situations.

I would say both classes are outstanding at what they do (roaming in small scale), but when you put them together they complement each other extremely well.

Recommendation:
Level you shammy, it is the perfect time as pets have been broken since may 8th. You can still play you rSH (I did last SC warfront) but it is not as fun when your pets teleports away or drops through terrain and despawns.

Go get the shinnies!
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

Jastojan

Post#5 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:52 pm

Winry wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:26 pm Nothing compares to SH dmg.
We know your color. No need to show up in every thread.

Back to topic: rSH in comparison to DPS shaman? Hard to say, rSH have more DMG tools. If you ask what about the single target burst, I would say that DPS shaman is pretty good.