Recent Topics

Ads

Shamans toughness debuff

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
geezereur

Shamans toughness debuff

Post#1 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:40 pm

Does Shamans toughness debuff from Touch of Gork tactic stack with other toughness debuffs?
like chosens aura, abilities or debuffs from sets?

Ads
yuaa2

Re: Shamans toughness debuff

Post#2 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:20 pm

buff/debuff skills don`t stack with other skills and potion, stack only with morals

wachlarz

Post#3 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Work only the highest effect.

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:14 pm

All buffs and debuffs can be looked at from only two points, which I'll call 'internal' and 'external'. We'll use your question and toughness as the example, but this applies to all stats, armor, resists.

Internal: your gear, your talisman, your tactics, your rr points, morales.
External: abilities (yours or others [friend or foe]), potions, auras.

E.g. you have 500 toughness from your gear and talisman, you cast DSU, giving your an exta say 150 toughness for a total of 650. A knight with max vigilance and Stand Strong! joins the fight and you have a -120 toughness applied, bringing your effective toughness to (500+150-120) 530. You drink your toughness potion mid battle for an +100 bonus as your DSU wears off, so your toughness is now (500+100-120) 480. You recast DSU for (500+150-120) 530 and you only gain the highest bonus, here DSU is greater than your +100 from the potion. One last part could be some slayer hits you with one stack of Pulverizing Strike giving you a -25 to your toughness. The knights -120 aura is still the greatest so you ignore this until the knight is out of range.

The above is true for any of your stats, armor, or resists. Morales are good because they usually have very high values, potions are good because they can't be removed so you don't have 'down time' with them.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

lyncher12

Post#5 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:45 pm

havent actually tested it for this but in some cases tactics stack with other things

phononHYPE

Post#6 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:53 pm

I did some quick testing on my shaman before posting, so there might be some oddity out there that doesn't follow this, but this is a solid guide.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative