Recent Topics

Ads

Fury of da green - gear?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
VindicoAtrum

Fury of da green - gear?

Post#1 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:37 pm

Seems like there's two options for fodg (primarily in city)

1) Using off-sov int gear and using -toughness and -elemresist debuffs to pull off high damage which becomes high heal values

2) Stick to normal willpower gear, use gather round to reduce cast time on fodg, use fodg to reduce cast time on gather round, rinse and repeat

What's being used, and what's working for you lot?

Ads
cimator

Re: Fury of da green - gear?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Damage you do doesnt matter that much with FoDG, the base heal is all you need.
FODG is not like a normal lifetap, you will actually do less healing if you have divine fury for ex. and it can crit heal, regardless if the damage was crit or not.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

VindicoAtrum

Post#3 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:52 pm

cimator wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:49 pm Damage you do doesnt matter that much with FoDG, the base heal is all you need.
FODG is not like a normal lifetap, you will actually do less healing if you have divine fury for ex. and it can crit heal, regardless if the damage was crit or not.
The base heal of 484 seems so low though? In testing it i'm seeing numbers higher than gather round, so I'm presuming the base heal is affected by willpower as any other heal would be, and the tooltip isn't updating?

cimator

Post#4 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:56 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:52 pm
cimator wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:49 pm Damage you do doesnt matter that much with FoDG, the base heal is all you need.
The base heal of 484 seems so low though? In testing it i'm seeing numbers higher than gather round, so I'm presuming the base heal is affected by willpower as any other heal would be, and the tooltip isn't updating?
Its a tooltip bug, atm its 1070 base heal + %50 of damage dealt at 13 points in mastery.
Base heal isnt affected by any stat, but it is affected by heal buffs/debuffs and it can crit.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

VindicoAtrum

Post#5 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:59 pm

cimator wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:56 pm
VindicoAtrum wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:52 pm
Its a tooltip bug, atm its 1070 base heal + %50 of damage dealt at 13 points in mastery.
Base heal isnt affected by any stat, but it is affected by heal buffs/debuffs and it can crit.
That explains a lot. Thanks for that.

Has there been any testing on the "Waaagh! Frenzy" tactic removing the base heal but increasing the damage, particularly with an int build/gear? At first glance the increase in damage looks pitiful and between that and the cost of a tactic slot it looks... worthless. Am I right on this?

cimator

Post#6 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:02 pm

Even with full Int gear, the damage increase isnt worth it at all imo, you are losing 1k base heal afterall
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

VindicoAtrum

Post#7 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:03 pm

That's unfortunate, multiple ways to build that spell would have been fun to try.

doky

Post#8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:51 pm

looks to me heal crit is affected by your magic crit %, since i rolled dps build with 30% magic crit my FODG heal crits way more often than in a healing build with 0% magic crit.

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Post#9 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:53 pm

doky wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:51 pm looks to me heal crit is affected by your magic crit %, since i rolled dps build with 30% magic crit my FODG heal crits way more often than in a healing build with 0% magic crit.
Can you show this is real on dummies? Should be easy enough to do with Enemy combat log + two tests.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:04 pm

VindicoAtrum wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:37 pm Seems like there's two options for fodg (primarily in city)

1) Using off-sov int gear and using -toughness and -elemresist debuffs to pull off high damage which becomes high heal values

2) Stick to normal willpower gear, use gather round to reduce cast time on fodg, use fodg to reduce cast time on gather round, rinse and repeat

What's being used, and what's working for you lot?
There is only one option actually. Your class mechanic helps you to use fodg in heal spec. In dps spec you will have too high cast times.
Dying is no option.