Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] what are the advantages of rSH compared to rSW ?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Exaltify

[SH] what are the advantages of rSH compared to rSW ?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm

Hello, i am a new player, after testing most classes i finally found a lot of enjoyment in rSH and rSW. I played both and i can't decide myself on which one to play, i really enjoy how the squid herder looks and i think i prefer how destruction side feels in general. Based on that i would chose SH if they were the same, and i know classes are not exactly mirrored but after comparing them i feel like rSH is just a worse rSW ? I clearly must have missed something out of inexperience, would you please point to me what are the advantages of rSH over rSW ? Here is what i could find by myself :

rSW advantages :
- Better burst damages (VoN)
- Unconditional damages (SH needs his pet alive to get the same damages)
- 100ft KD/Run'n'Shoot
- Unconditional range/AA while moving (SH needs his pet alive to have that)
- Unconditional instant stance swap (SH needs to use farty squig or taste like chicken to swap stance instantly)
- Have an "acceptable" wb spec in aoe moral drain

rSH advantages :
- KD while moving
- Better kiting with 30% movespeed buff & goblin tactic
- A small, long cooldown, heal

Thanks for reading

Ads
wachlarz

Re: [SH] what are the advantages of rSH compared to rSW ?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:25 pm

No place in my rotation for Run and shoot.

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm

rSH:

- better flow of skills
- less clunky rotations
- better transition between ranges (pet dance + two insta summon skills)
- smaller means better at hiding
- better synergy with green team
- more mobile (and that's including nerfed tactic and nerfed squig armour stance)
- better utility (range disarm, range debuff, range interrupt)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Exaltify

Post#4 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:20 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm - better flow of skills
- less clunky rotations
Both rotation are not clunky imo, but i didn't play them at 40. What makes rSW more clunky than rSH ?
NSKaneda wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm - better transition between ranges (pet dance + two insta summon skills)
If i didn't miss anything, SW stance dance is always faster than SH stance dance (SH needs 2GCD at least, insta summon skill + the summon itself), what do you mean by better transition ?
NSKaneda wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm - better utility (range disarm, range debuff, range interrupt)
I didn't realise rSW disarm was melee only, it's a fair point.

Brutinho

Post#5 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:15 pm

Exaltify wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm rSW advantages :
- Better burst damages (VoN)
If you are talking about static mastery, yes
If you are talking about mobile mastery, rSH is better
Exaltify wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm - Unconditional range/AA while moving (SH needs his pet alive to have that)
Afaik AA while moving requires scout stance

Exaltify wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm - Unconditional instant stance swap (SH needs to use farty squig or taste like chicken to swap stance instantly)
Correct, also AP is a big factor on swaping squigs
Exaltify wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm - Have an "acceptable" wb spec in aoe moral drain
Can be spec to do well as mid range AOE
Exaltify wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:20 pm rSH advantages :
- KD while moving
- Better kiting with 30% movespeed buff & goblin tactic
- A small, long cooldown, heal
As ranged spec they bring a better toolkit for small scale/roam. They can be challenging to master as you will have to keep track of your pet and it's skills as well as yours and your positioning.
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

NSKaneda

Post#6 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:49 am

Exaltify wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:20 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Spoiler:
- better flow of skills
- less clunky rotations
Both rotation are not clunky imo, but i didn't play them at 40. What makes rSW more clunky than rSH ?

You need to switch stances to get access to skills, rSH always has them and is limited by range.

-
-
NSKaneda wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm - better transition between ranges (pet dance + two insta summon skills)
If i didn't miss anything, SW stance dance is always faster than SH stance dance (SH needs 2GCD at least, insta summon skill + the summon itself), what do you mean by better transition ?

Same as rotations - rSW needs to stance dance to get skills (just like mara), rSH only needs range and is more forgiving with sudden changes (WLs are the reason for that).

-
-
NSKaneda wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:12 pm - better utility (range disarm, range debuff, range interrupt)
I didn't realise rSW disarm was melee only, it's a fair point.

And rSWs lost their range debuff, that's a huge blow to utility (at least for me). Their interrupt should be reworked just like rSH interrupt had been recently (atm it's a mirror of old SH/SW melee interrupt which you couldn't use in squig armour so it was useless before btw)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *