Recent Topics

Ads

[mSH] Removal of damage from squig leap (collateral damage from WL burst nerf) feels awful

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ashenford

Re: [mSH] Removal of damage from squig leap (collateral damage from WL burst nerf) feels awful

Post#11 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:57 pm

It seems you're talking about 1vs1, which ain't the point of game and some classes have upper hand. Slayer has unsnarable charge? My man, its the same charge as any mdps. As mSH you have "Outta My Way" + "Run Away" abilities. How does that leave you out of position? Since you're so heavily fixated on dismounting its clear you're talking only about 1vs1. If you're talking about organized wb play, than leap is enough and you probably have ranged in wb, no? mSH has enough mobility, read abilities part again and add Run Away tactic on top of those.

Ads
Gurf

Re: [mSH] Removal of damage from squig leap (collateral damage from WL burst nerf) feels awful

Post#12 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:03 pm

I think the nerf was intended for both classes equally as both got pet buff in the same patch, I don't think it is anything to do with collateral around WL nerf as WL damage is pretty average as it is right now.

But yeah a small amount of damage makes much more sense to dismount, when you Pounce now you just end up miles away from the person

xanderous

Post#13 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:08 pm

you know your class has a bow FYI, just swap to MSH form when they are dismounted.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ugle

Post#14 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:49 pm

xanderous wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:08 pm you know your class has a bow FYI, just swap to MSH form when they are dismounted.
Go away with your sensible logic. This is a "buff mSH pl0x" thread.
inactive

wachlarz

Post#15 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:00 pm

Ugle wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:49 pm
xanderous wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:08 pm you know your class has a bow FYI, just swap to MSH form when they are dismounted.
How much ap need mshy use to shoot then switch to squig then jump to enemy ? How much ap cost axe throw Wl and jump ?

wonshot

Post#16 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Been playing a week or two on my Meatball while checking out the server after my break.

And the complete removal of damage on the pounce made sence to me, untill I found myself in situation were i was ganking and tried to dismount players.
The damage on Pounce from WL made their knockdown burst close to a 100-0 in a knockdown in extreme cases of outgearing and no pre-detaunt. Same for on my meatball, in NA hours i could find Arcmages with no armorpotions on and kill them in the knockdown just barely because the pounce added to the 2-3sec window burst. even in some cases on fleeing targets spamming my Squig poince would be more safe than spamming my Any-timer. So the damage reduction on the pounces made sence when i first read them.

I would suggestest that bouth pounces do atleast 1damage for the sake of dismounting mounted players, probably more so for WLs as SH does Have acces to their bow as someone correctly states (SA cooldown is a bitch though)

An other thing that feels awaful on Meatball is how many of the Royal set individuel pieces are stacked with Ranged Strikethrough, that is not converted into Meleestrikethrough in SquigArmor. (yes they have acces to Piercedefence tactic so i understand it partly) but when the 3 royal sets have several dead stats for MSH with Autoattackspeed, Strikethrough and +2masterypoints. It just doesnt fit the build, as stancedancing is not really a thing on the middletree build. (maybe apart from getting the healdebuff)
But the "defensive" royal set giving attackspeed and strikethrough just seems like really dead stats on the career and especially the MSH playstyle.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Oldschool

Post#17 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:36 pm

For me the most disadvantage for Melee SH is that we have to be limited on 1 Skill Tree.
And more limited with the Tactic territoral aggression (less damage from ranged weapons and tactic slot in fight not changeable...).
SH Pet dies in WB fights to easy.
So all in all, MSH is realy limited and if i compare this to MSW who are able to use there range attacks in assault stance without damage reduction.....I feel realy realy limited with my Melee SH and pushed in one corner and not flexible.
Not flexible use with the skills, not with the Armor sets etc...

Pounce should have at least damage to dismount.
And give us more flexible use of Squig Armor with ranged skills, i mean....we have 10 sec CD on squig armor...and disadvanteage of the limited damage in range attacks when use with important squig melee tactic territoral aggression compared to MSW who have just 5 sec CD and no problem to follow there damage with ranged and melee without tactic slots lost or damage reduction...

VindicoAtrum

Post#18 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:09 pm

Ugle wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:49 pm
Imagine being so anti-fun. This isn't a buff msh thread at all, it's a QoL change for mSH, the class has a gap closer that guarantees you do not catch your target, ever. Instead of coming in here with snarky "he's just crying wah wah wah buff msh wah wah wah" nonsense why not try actually contributing, or, if you've not got an mSH just staying out of dicussions you can't meaningfully contribute to?

It's so sad that rather than constructively discuss ways to increase enjoyment of classes people would rather just tear you down.

Ads
zulnam

Post#19 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:21 pm

The reason behind the request is logical but trivial.

Simply put dismounting a player is not part of the core gameplay experience.

If you're really into ganking maybe roam in normal mode so you can use your bow and once your target is dismounted switch to SA and pounce.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

agemennon675

Post#20 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Just wanted to point out of all mdps specs only WL and Msh have everything in their tools, leap/pounce+charge+melee snare+single target+aoe on demand for example a WE WH aSW as melee specs lack Charge or melee snare and they were told to use their range attacks to snare, nothing stops a SH to go range(you dont have to roam in SA all the time) cast a range snare and some dots before engaging in melee. Its a little less convenient yes but you can also charge at them like any other mdps. I know it feels bad after having EVERYTHING in a same spec gets changed, maybe devs dont want people to get dismounted by leap/pounce anymore who knows.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer