Recent Topics

Ads

[Squig Herder] Noob's Question

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

[Squig Herder] Noob's Question

Post#1 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:21 am

Hi everyone! During the last x2 event I decided to roll a rSH. I play mostly in 6man and I find this class really funny and fitting my playstyle.
I'm quite slow ranking up and so I'm still only r36 but I would like to know how to gear up and how to spend my RPs once I hit rr70. I will not farm Sov on this character because there are others that have priority. So what gear do you suggest? Since pet get Ballistic from both gear and RPs do you think that is worth to overcap or I should just cap Ballistic and then go WS?

Another question is about the build. I followed this guide:
viewtopic.php?f=71&t=17765&p=193220&hil ... ui#p193220
and I also find quite usefull Da Waaagh Iz Strong so I was thinking about something like this
RoR.builders - Squig Herder
and then switching between Sharpened Arrers, RUN AWAY, Whazzat Behinde You and Pierce Defence.
Any thoughts?

The last question is about RPs. I was thinking about this
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;0;2;0;0
but I'm open to others suggestion.
Zputadenti

Ads
XsorrowerX

Re: [Squig Herder] Noob's Question

Post#2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:52 am

As a rank 40/50 I can tell you that you will be extremely squishy. I ran futile strikes 3 and dodge/disrupt until I had full conqueror and I still fell over extremely fast. Wounds will be low. If you have dedicated guard and heals, it's less so more of a problem, but I'm a solo majority of time.

I also would not over cap ballistic, weapon skill is extremely important and it's easy to max ballistic with a pot and talis. I would never spend renown on it. I usually throw leftover points into weapon skill or wounds, outside of getting the above mentioned and ranged crit. Someone with better experience than me might be more helpful though.

As far as builds are concerned, it looks solid to me, but I don't think the Da Waaagh iz Strong is worth losing the range from Shootin wif da Wind. I'm currently trying a Big Shootin' build, and boy do I miss the range.

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:50 pm

Hah, didn't think my old guide was still being read, I should probably update it (though all that is needed are squig updates).

This is my current roaming build - range over dot duration all the way, baby!
24s dots are still good but not worth sacrificing your range for it.

As for stats:
RANGE CRIT. ALL THE RANGE CRIT YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON.
I'm running with 40% range crit, 960ish BS, 400ish WS.
Weapon skill to actually make a difference should be above 650 but then your crit will suffer and somehow I find glass cannon (1000+BS, 600+WS) build to work better with big shooting.
Futile strikes are ok(ish), dodge and disrupt is good, extra initiative if you can spare few renown points does wonders (especially with full conqueror).

Armour sets for rSH:
FULL mayhem -> full conq (combine 35-40% crit and initiative bonus from this set and you will feel like a deadly sniper) -> full invader -> sov.

Gud huntin' :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ysaran

Post#4 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:39 pm

And what about Sharpened Arrers? To have one more DoT seems cool, no?
Also I doubt I will slot RUN AWAY, I hope that playing in 6man and Flee/Run Away/Self-punt will be enough to keep me alive.
Zputadenti

franzjaeger

Post#5 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:18 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:50 pm Hah, didn't think my old guide was still being read, I should probably update it (though all that is needed are squig updates).

This is my current roaming build - range over dot duration all the way, baby!
24s dots are still good but not worth sacrificing your range for it.

As for stats:
RANGE CRIT. ALL THE RANGE CRIT YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON.
I'm running with 40% range crit, 960ish BS, 400ish WS.
Weapon skill to actually make a difference should be above 650 but then your crit will suffer and somehow I find glass cannon (1000+BS, 600+WS) build to work better with big shooting.
Futile strikes are ok(ish), dodge and disrupt is good, extra initiative if you can spare few renown points does wonders (especially with full conqueror).

Armour sets for rSH:
FULL mayhem -> full conq (combine 35-40% crit and initiative bonus from this set and you will feel like a deadly sniper) -> full invader -> sov.

Gud huntin' :)

Is full vanq not worth it over conq at all? I've tried to compare the stats, BS and WS comes out as roughly the same if you consider the 3% penetration from vanq body, but with vanq you get wounds instead of toughness which I think is better for SH, plus some more armor and a bit of initiative. You lose the ini debuff in favor of the AP reduction trigger which doesn't seem all that good, but you get 4% increased damage as well.

I'm asking because I'll get enough coins for vanq before I get full invader but if conq is objectively better then there's no point really. Thoughts?

NSKaneda

Post#6 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:11 pm

Honestly? Full conq felt better than full invader does. Vanquisher is Big Shooting set and conq's 5th bonus (-100 initiative +100 BS) is hidden range crit booster, you have to experience it to know just how godly full conq set is for quick shooting builds ;)

-
-
Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:39 pm And what about Sharpened Arrers? To have one more DoT seems cool, no?
Also I doubt I will slot RUN AWAY, I hope that playing in 6man and Flee/Run Away/Self-punt will be enough to keep me alive.

Run Away is our own charge and I use it as such. Flee and sticky squigs are defensive, run away offensive.

Sharpened arrerz as in shrapnel arrer (range reducer, #1 defence against rdps and neat trick to reduce range of healing) or splinterin' arrerz (good for shoot thru ya spam build and that's about it)?
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

Ysaran

Post#7 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:05 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:11 pm Sharpened arrerz as in shrapnel arrer (range reducer, #1 defence against rdps and neat trick to reduce range of healing) or splinterin' arrerz (good for shoot thru ya spam build and that's about it)?
Sharpened Arrer is the tactic that increase the damage of Explodin' Arrer
Zputadenti

NSKaneda

Post#8 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:16 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:05 pm Sharpened Arrer is the tactic that increase the damage of Explodin' Arrer
I'm not using it but if you can make it work for you - sure, you can get decent numbers in funnels (I'd take all by meself to go along with it and go up Big Shootin' tree)

Ads
franzjaeger

Post#9 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:34 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:11 pm Honestly? Full conq felt better than full invader does. Vanquisher is Big Shooting set and conq's 5th bonus (-100 initiative +100 BS) is hidden range crit booster, you have to experience it to know just how godly full conq set is for quick shooting builds ;)
I read somewhere that the +BS boost don't stack with potions, do you know if that's true? Do you use BS potions with conq?

I haven't compared Vanq with Conq in practice (have conq but not vanq), idk how much extra crit 100 initiative is either, but in conq I feel very squishy so I thought if vanq performs similar but with a bit higher survivability it would be worth it. Idk

NSKaneda

Post#10 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:22 am

AFAIK you get the overflow stat, so if I use liniment (+60BS, +5% crit) that's still +40BS and all the "to be critted" (de)buff -100 ini gives me.

You can get around squishiness by positioning and investing in 2x futile + dodge&disrupt + initiative (after you've maxed out range crit).
Sure, when you're focused you won't live long (no-one does) without healer or detaunt (and autodetaunt) + emblem heal pot & restoration pot but if you want to tank mSH is the way to do it. rSH* best friends are bushes, rocks and other means of hiding so order can't see you :)

-
-
_____
* when I use the term "rSH" I mean quick shooting builds. Big shootin' is more stationary and has different dynamic and battlefield role.