Recent Topics

Ads

[Squig Herder] Noob's Question

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
franzjaeger

Re: [Squig Herder] Noob's Question

Post#11 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:43 am

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:22 am AFAIK you get the overflow stat, so if I use liniment (+60BS, +5% crit) that's still +40BS and all the "to be critted" (de)buff -100 ini gives me.

You can get around squishiness by positioning and investing in 2x futile + dodge&disrupt + initiative (after you've maxed out range crit).
Sure, when you're focused you won't live long (no-one does) without healer or detaunt (and autodetaunt) + emblem heal pot & restoration pot but if you want to tank mSH is the way to do it. rSH* best friends are bushes, rocks and other means of hiding so order can't see you :)

-
-
_____
* when I use the term "rSH" I mean quick shooting builds. Big shootin' is more stationary and has different dynamic and battlefield role.

I use +80 BS pots atm, have a stack built up. I guess that's still +20 BS and the ini debuff.

I have 2x FS and 3x DD as my defensive RR points. Can't max out Sure Shot yet so I've put some overflow points into WS and BS, I'll try re-allocating them to Initiative to see if I notice a difference.

I try to be as small and unnoticeable as I can, I just wish all the squishies weren't as far away in the backline :) If a WH catches me I'm dead before the knockdown wears off, and dots eat me alive. I really wish we had a dot cleanse and that Run Away! didn't require an alive squig. It feels like almost every other class beats me in a straight up duel, I just don't have enough burst, so I rely a lot on being sneaky and getting some damage in before anyone notices me.

Ads

Ysaran

Post#13 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:18 am

Zputadenti

jennahazee

Post#14 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:50 pm

Conqueror init debuff is 80 instead of 100 (wrong tooltip I guess).
It doesn't stack with your "Not so fast" either.

If you don't use +60 wounds/5% crit linement, then Vanquisher is much better.

Draugris

Post#15 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:13 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:50 pm
This is my current roaming build -
Hi,

thanks for sharing the build. Unfortunately, something changed with the Career builder, so your build is no longer accessible anymore. Would you mind updating the link? Would be awesome :) .
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

NSKaneda

Post#16 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Draugris wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:13 pm Unfortunately, something changed with the Career builder, so your build is no longer accessible anymore. Would you mind updating the link? Would be awesome :) .

I'll just give you my current roaming build :)

For lower rank I'd go with this: simply cut exploding arrer as it is more of a fluff skill now, good for punting engie sniper teams off their high perch or as m1 equivalent but too stationary for my tastes to use in normal rotation and you can get by without it just fine. Extra finisher on the other hand is very handy.
For even lower rank cut red tipped arrow or finish 'em off from the build, keep the one that suits your play style better.

When I want to go full glasscannon I swap out racial tactics for Masterful aim (+160BS) and Pick on yer own size (BS&WS+120, T-120) but it's an overkill with invader.

Twin anathema. Full invader. All the range crit you can get :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Draugris

Post#17 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:23 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:08 pm I'll just give you my current roaming build :)
Thanks a lot ! :D
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Soupernoodle

Post#18 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:02 am

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:08 pm
Draugris wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:13 pm Unfortunately, something changed with the Career builder, so your build is no longer accessible anymore. Would you mind updating the link? Would be awesome :) .

I'll just give you my current roaming build :)

For lower rank I'd go with this: simply cut exploding arrer as it is more of a fluff skill now, good for punting engie sniper teams off their high perch or as m1 equivalent but too stationary for my tastes to use in normal rotation and you can get by without it just fine. Extra finisher on the other hand is very handy.
For even lower rank cut red tipped arrow or finish 'em off from the build, keep the one that suits your play style better.

When I want to go full glasscannon I swap out racial tactics for Masterful aim (+160BS) and Pick on yer own size (BS&WS+120, T-120) but it's an overkill with invader.

Twin anathema. Full invader. All the range crit you can get :)
Do you know how the Sharpened Arrers armor pen calculated? Is it a flat 25% armor pen and if so, is it calculated before or after WS pen? or does it just increase your armor pen from WS by 25%?

Currently not noticing much difference when running it so i'm leaning towards the latter?

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#19 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:40 am

Soupernoodle wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:02 am Do you know how the Sharpened Arrers armor pen calculated? Is it a flat 25% armor pen and if so, is it calculated before or after WS pen? or does it just increase your armor pen from WS by 25%?

Currently not noticing much difference when running it so i'm leaning towards the latter?
Honestly? Don't know and don't care. Tried 900BS 600WS + shootin' quicka, tried 900BS 600WS + sharpened arrerz, now I'm running with 950BS (with an option to go 1067) 450WS + sharpened arrerz and my killblows are more frequent than 900/600/sa combo (sure, I added some survivability to the mix to buffer reduced range so that comes into play).
I didn't bother with going for 700-800 WS because I've already tested it prior rework and my crit would suffer significantly plus I find that it's more of a Big Shooting / Warlord thing.

My solution, as always, is this: pick something you like, max it out and then start tuning it down to a point when it's still beneficial but you have points to boost other aspects (glasscannon+roaming is a bad combination). If SA is not working for you pick something else or tune it to a point where you see noticeable difference.

Sidenote: fresh account just to ask this? Come on ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Soupernoodle

Post#20 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:41 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:40 am
Soupernoodle wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:02 am Do you know how the Sharpened Arrers armor pen calculated? Is it a flat 25% armor pen and if so, is it calculated before or after WS pen? or does it just increase your armor pen from WS by 25%?

Honestly? Don't know and don't care. Tried 900BS 600WS + shootin' quicka, tried 900BS 600WS + sharpened arrerz, now I'm running with 950BS (with an option to go 1067) 450WS + sharpened arrerz and my killblows are more frequent than 900/600/sa combo (sure, I added some survivability to the mix to buffer reduced range so that comes into play).
I didn't bother with going for 700-800 WS because I've already tested it prior rework and my crit would suffer significantly plus I find that it's more of a Big Shooting / Warlord thing.

My solution, as always, is this: pick something you like, max it out and then start tuning it down to a point when it's still beneficial but you have points to boost other aspects (glasscannon+roaming is a bad combination). If SA is not working for you pick something else or tune it to a point where you see noticeable difference.

Sidenote: fresh account just to ask this? Come on ;)
Well it's the first time i've not been able to find the information through searching, and no one in /ad knows either, i like to run optimal builds.