[CHOPPA] Poll : GTDC replacement skill

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

Poll: If Git To Da Choppa was replaced / reworked which option would you prefer see in game ?

Deff Bringa v1
43%
Deff Bringa v2
24%
GTDC reworked
33%
Total votes: 113

Ysaran

Re: [CHOPPA] Poll : GTDC replacement skill

Post#71 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:44 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:34 pm Wot rules is not that good for pvp. No effective rage dump possible besides flee, which only drops rage over time. If the enemy team is worse from the get go, only then you don't need to drop rage. Against bad enemy teams you don't need the added damage either. ;)
I tried wild choppin with Wot rules and chop fasta but it felt underwhelming as it seems to have an odd delay after use.
i don't agree. with good tank/heal you can be berserk all the time. wot Rules sacrifices spike (yellow exahustion) in favor of sustained damage. Wot Rules coupled with a high ST damge class let you outdamage most setup, at least in sc/small scale. Obviously Wot Rules is not worth in some environment/situation but there is no tactic that is always good. Also Wot Rules is the only way to make Keep On Choppin' somwhat worthy: Berserk->Flee->AP pot->Yellow-> Reckless Blow+Keep On Choppin' spam->Berserk-> repeat.

Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:34 pm Gtdc does less dmg over it's duration than lotsa choppin spam plus procs but without tactic and 3 targets max you most likely hit 1-2 tanks as well. While 24 hits is overkill, it ensures that everyone you want to hit gets in fact hit. I plan on killing without having to require a double dmg tick on gtdc, so I don't care about the fix.
That's true but i can grant you that a wise use of Wot Rules, Chop Fasta, GTDC+interrupt, Wild Choppin'/Wot's Da Rush and Bring It On could have generated the same amount of damage without sacrificing one tactic slot (even without spamming Wild Choppin'). Sadly after the nerf you can't anymore

Sulorie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:34 pm Chop fasta gives your tanks the tools to remove rampage and your doks to remove ID.
So those strong skills are indeed countered by having a choppa or BO in group.
i get your point
Zputadenti

Ads
Orgruk

Post#72 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:56 pm

farng84 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:18 am And thanks for the gear/tactics suggestion, I was trying some of the combinations and I hit much harder :D
You're welcome :)
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

TenTonHammer

Post#73 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 pm

Ysaran wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:44 am
i don't agree. with good tank/heal you can be berserk all the time.
Disagree

Even with pocket guard and heals you are just far too fragile with wot rules, if rr100 def gear existed in the game then yeah wot rules could be somewhat viable

StrongUn

Post#74 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:23 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 pm
Disagree

Even with pocket guard and heals you are just far too fragile with wot rules, if rr100 def gear existed in the game then yeah wot rules could be somewhat viable

Which stats makes it so special?

i ve never played on live servers

Ysaran

Post#75 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:52 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 pm
Disagree

I'm full glass cannon and it work fine for me and my guild. Guess I'm a fool or genius
Zputadenti

Alubert

Post#76 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:59 am

My main character is Choppa 80+. Choppa is very strong in this state. When I read the posts of crying players, I have the impression that we are playing with two different classes.
If GTDC were to change, I would go more in this direction: Reduce GTDC dmg by 30% or 50% but in return make a special immun 30 sec immun but only against GTDC pull. So the target could not be pulled twice in 30 sec. But it wouldn't ruin the tank's work.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Orgruk

Post#77 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:54 am

Why reducing dmg ? It already deals almost nothing.

Alubert

Post#78 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:59 am

To compensate for removing immun on roots / punts (immovable). So that GTDC gives a separate immun not immovable. Then each pulled person would have 30 sec "GTDC immun" but the target would have no immun on roots / punts.
That my opinion.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Ads
Orgruk

Post#79 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Got it but still too much imho, but I respect yours. :)

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#80 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:33 pm

Alubert wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:59 am To compensate for removing immun on roots / punts (immovable). So that GTDC gives a separate immun not immovable. Then each pulled person would have 30 sec "GTDC immun" but the target would have no immun on roots / punts.
That my opinion.
Maybe if we got a proper 2h spec so we could actually do dmg if we wanted to. Maybe.

Like, currently Choppa needs many things but a reduction in dmg of the one mandatory ability for all Choppas?

Hecc no.