Choppa End Game Gear

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ysaran

Choppa End Game Gear

Post#1 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:52 am

Hi everyone! I've come back playing my beloved choppa and I've decided to get him some city gear, so the question is: which pieces should I get?
Full Sov set doesn't convince me. Atm I'm full invader and the last bonus (+20% armor-pen when berserk) it's just too strong. I've been thinking about mixing Sov and Warlord but I can't find a satisfying combination between crit-chances and WS/armor-pen. I've noticed that there was another thread about this topic, but it's quite old and there are no conclusive statement. Since some time passed since city gear came out, what are your conclusion now? what is the best combination for choppa?

P.S. I play mostly 6/12 man
Zputadenti

Ads
Grock

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 am

Hey man, welcome back to the rage lyfe :lol:

I prefer sticking to Sov helmet to keep the armorpen, but some others prefer Sentinel helmet for extra crit.
For warlord mix i use boots, gloves and shoulders, IIRC thats the best combination to max out WS, but i might be wrong coz did the math long ago... For sentinel mix i use gloves(meleepower) and boots (parry), for triple mix you use belt/boots from either conq (crit boots) or vanq/ranked (aa haste, but higher raw stats)

So final options looks something like this:
5p Sov + 3p warlord for max WS/armorpen, this will let you get closer to Invader-level armorpen
5p Sov + 2 sent + 2 something - triple mix that can give you ridiculous amount of crit and lets you drop Brute Force to free up a tactic slot, doesn't always work as well on sl/ch due to our WS needs
6p sov + 3p sent - for the mastery bonus and extra wounds, lets you pick two 13p abilities while still having 3 more points to get everything else you need
7psov + 2p sent - for the incoming crit proc, its probably the least attractive because the proc only works from single target attacks and doesn't stack with other incoming crit debuffs. Could be decent if you dont have BG/KoBS or any other debuff

Full sov gives you 3 target morale drain ability
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ysaran

Post#3 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:50 am

thank you for your answer! and what about def sov? is it worth it? you should become pretty tanky
Zputadenti

Grock

Post#4 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:36 am

I dont have it yet, and im not a fan of defensive builds on sl/chop so can't comment :)

Ysaran

Post#5 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:58 am

Honestly me neither, but who knows, maybe I'm understimate it
Zputadenti

Chopstix

Post#6 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm

This might be a little off topic but what talisman are you guys using. I just got full invader with the fortress weapon and the bastion stair 5% dmg weapon and I’m torn between my strength and weapons skill talisman placement. What’s the max strength weaponskill and critical I should be looking for at this point. I’m rr77. Thx in advance.

Grock

Post#7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 pm

Chopstix wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm This might be a little off topic but what talisman are you guys using. I just got full invader with the fortress weapon and the bastion stair 5% dmg weapon and I’m torn between my strength and weapons skill talisman placement. What’s the max strength weaponskill and critical I should be looking for at this point. I’m rr77. Thx in advance.
I ran strength/wounds with invader to hit over 1k str and 8k hp with buffs, that left me with something like ~540 Weaponskill, which is just beloe 40% armorpen, but with bonuses from Invader helmet and last bonus should go up to 40/50/60% armorpen depending on Rage level

Though i think some other slayers went much higher WS in order to reach 70% armorpen in red, im not sure how much better that is honestly, always felt pretty comfortable sitting at 60%.
On a Choppa staying at lower armpen might be even better because a lot more zealots are using armor debuff tactic, and in general there are more viable classes that can spread armor debuff proc, what do you think?

Chopstix

Post#8 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:35 pm
Chopstix wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:06 pm This might be a little off topic but what talisman are you guys using. I just got full invader with the fortress weapon and the bastion stair 5% dmg weapon and I’m torn between my strength and weapons skill talisman placement. What’s the max strength weaponskill and critical I should be looking for at this point. I’m rr77. Thx in advance.
I ran strength/wounds with invader to hit over 1k str and 8k hp with buffs, that left me with something like ~540 Weaponskill, which is just beloe 40% armorpen, but with bonuses from Invader helmet and last bonus should go up to 40/50/60% armorpen depending on Rage level

Though i think some other slayers went much higher WS in order to reach 70% armorpen in red, im not sure how much better that is honestly, always felt pretty comfortable sitting at 60%.
On a Choppa staying at lower armpen might be even better because a lot more zealots are using armor debuff tactic, and in general there are more viable classes that can spread armor debuff proc, what do you think?
Your information is invaluable thank you. I like to depend on my own debuffs so I 100% know it’s there. Any other tips you can give would be appreciated. How is your renown build and why?

Ads
Grock

Post#9 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Chopstix wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm Your information is invaluable thank you. I like to depend on my own debuffs so I 100% know it’s there. Any other tips you can give would be appreciated. How is your renown build and why?
Back during Invader days i used 3 FS 3 crit and full parry

With Sov right now its a bit weird and probably not optimal, im using 4x weaponskill to reach the level i want, only 2 crit and 2 fs and full parry, that still leaves me with odd 10 points, sometimes i put them into wounds, sometimes i get quick escape

Someone could probably give better advice on how to spend rr with Sov, but in any case 3FS 3 Crit and full parry is the safe bet

Orgruk

Post#10 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:18 pm

Right now I'm running various test with my choppa including dropping all my crit gear and crit RR ... it runs pretty well.
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance