Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa End Game Gear

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Chopstix

Re: Choppa End Game Gear

Post#11 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Orgruk wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:18 pm Right now I'm running various test with my choppa including dropping all my crit gear and crit RR ... it runs pretty well.
Let me know what you conclude with please

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#12 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:05 am

Defensive sov is nice, though it has lower over all Initiative so FS III will be sort of mandatory. It is really good for fort pushes, and with 4 pc SovFlurry (defensive), 3pc SovBerserker, and I'm Da Biggest! tactic I can charge in with about 10.6k wounds (all WS talis).

For pure armor pen, 4pc SovB + Warlord shoulders/ring/gloves + Beastlord cloak+ring and I get to comfortably 900+ WS. Combined with the 10% armor pen from SovB and you are at ~75%, which is the cap (less any -armor pen items they have).

On stacking WS, warlord ring has 14, the shoulders have 30, and then choose either the gloves or boots. Neither have WS, but its the bonus you're looking for. SovF WS pieces are the back (20WS), chest (13) and gloves (23). Mixing 2-3pc SovF with 5-6pc SovB is nice, though 2pc SovF+5pc SovB+Sent gloves (23 WS+melee power) are a favorite of mine as well.

@Orgruk I'll give that style a +1 as it is my go-to. I solo a lot (and am usually 2h), so parry stacking is pretty much out for me. I run FS IV and WS IV, with last point in strength so I can use the Bloodlord 2h and still be over 1050 strength, though I mostly main the fortress 2h. Gear for this is where I max out my WS at 922 (4pc SovB, Beast cloak+ring, 3pc Warlord). Hitting guarded order or when detaunted and still doing 4-500 is nice, and on all but the heaviest of tanks I average in the range of 700-1000 hits; Weaking Killa hitting for 1000 and No More Helping hitting for 1100 when I'm in the yellow.

On a closing note, Invader is still my favorite. It has crit, armor pen when in the red, and 7% parry strikethrough. That, my friend, has it all. I see many running the invader ring for the strikethrough, some using 2pc for a strength boost. As you please.

~Kaputcha
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Chopstix

Post#13 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:33 pm

I got a ways to go before sovereign and mixing sovereign and warlord sets. I just got full invader but hopefully I’ll get to test that stuff out sooner than later.

Orgruk

Post#14 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:07 pm

Chopstix wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:46 pm Let me know what you conclude with please

To sum up, right now with my current tests :
- STR caped
- WS caped with self buff
- almost 9500 hp
- ~68% arpen
- ~55% pary
- my RR build
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

Grock

Post#15 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:32 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:05 am For pure armor pen, 4pc SovB + Warlord shoulders/ring/gloves + Beastlord cloak+ring and I get to comfortably 900+ WS. Combined with the 10% armor pen from SovB and you are at ~75%, which is the cap (less any -armor pen items they have).
Oh i totally forgot about that option! Gonna try it some day with riposte build to annoy solo tanks :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

phononHYPE

Post#16 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:41 am

Grock wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:32 pm
phononHYPE wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:05 am For pure armor pen, 4pc SovB + Warlord shoulders/ring/gloves + Beastlord cloak+ring and I get to comfortably 900+ WS. Combined with the 10% armor pen from SovB and you are at ~75%, which is the cap (less any -armor pen items they have).
Oh i totally forgot about that option! Gonna try it some day with riposte build to annoy solo tanks :lol:
Parry+Riposte is great on tanks, if you can swap tactics fast enough. Stacking parry to vs slayer, aSW, isn't reliable and crap. Okay vs WH I suppose - but vs tanks, the way to go. Haven't done it with that build, but about too : )
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Chopstix

Post#17 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Orgruk wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:07 pm
Chopstix wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:46 pm Let me know what you conclude with please

To sum up, right now with my current tests :
- STR caped
- WS caped with self buff
- almost 9500 hp
- ~68% arpen
- ~55% pary
- my RR build
9500 hp wtf what tactics you use and or talisman

gojiragwar

Post#18 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Kinda the same for me.
- STR capped
- WS capped with self buff
- 9600 Hp
- 65% Arpen (passive)
- 53% parry
- 23% crit
tactics, situationnal:
Option 1: I'm Da Biggest/Stab You Gooder/Brute Force/ Don't Wanna Live Foreva
Option 2: I'm Da Biggest/Easy killin'/Brute Force/ Don't Wanna Live Foreva (if AP drained / dependant)
Option 3:Jagged Edge/Stab You Gooder/Brute Force/ Don't Wanna Live Foreva (with a guard and good healers)

As a Choppa you can easily go for 9k + Hp, especially using mixed sets.
My heart is shared between 2 builds tho, the crit one or the full arpen/WS/parry one, both tested, both different but very fun, it really depends on your playstyle, and feeling.

Ads
Orgruk

Post#19 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:16 pm

gojiragwar wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:35 pm tactics, situationnal:
Option 1: I'm Da Biggest/Stab You Gooder/Brute Force/ Don't Wanna Live Foreva
Option 2: I'm Da Biggest/Easy killin'/Brute Force/ Don't Wanna Live Foreva (if AP drained / dependant)
Option 3:Jagged Edge/Stab You Gooder/Brute Force/ Don't Wanna Live Foreva (with a guard and good healers)

As a Choppa you can easily go for 9k + Hp, especially using mixed sets.
My heart is shared between 2 builds tho, the crit one or the full arpen/WS/parry one, both tested, both different but very fun, it really depends on your playstyle, and feeling.
Could'nt have said better, you're the man :mrgreen:
My Choppa/Slayer proposals : Better Rage > GTDC replacement > Balance

gojiragwar

Post#20 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:33 pm

Orgruk wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:16 pm Could'nt have said better, you're the man :mrgreen:
No.
You are ma man ;)