Recent Topics

Ads

Please buff hitta tree.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Please buff hitta tree.

Post#11 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:58 am

The only problem 2h spec has is tactic slot starvation but it's a significant one.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Grock

Post#12 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 am

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:09 pm My point is, you made the initial post and made no explanation as to what specifically needed to be fixed, all you said is "Please buff hitta tree." You shouldn't be relying on others to make the point for you, if you want something to be changed you should make the argument yourself.
A cry out for help, trying to at least bring attention to the issue, is in every way better than you hijacking and derailing the thread into meaningless off-topic meta argument

You're playing one of the most privileged classes in the game and invading other's thread like thi - its simply disrespectful
Sulorie wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:58 am The only problem 2h spec has is tactic slot starvation but it's a significant one.
"The only problem"? This is ridiculous
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Sulorie

Post#13 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:20 am

Grock wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:58 am The only problem 2h spec has is tactic slot starvation but it's a significant one.
What else you see?
Dual wield can pick all dmg tactics available, while 2h has mandatory tactics to even use 2h skills more than once. This is for choppa.

Slayer has the edge with dual wield because of ID, while choppa gets no dmg increase by picking aoe tree.
ID itself has a too low cooldown for its power. Making it an exhaust attack would be too much of a nerf but 10-15 sec cd would be a lot better
Dying is no option.

martholomew

Post#14 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:35 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:09 pm My point is, you made the initial post and made no explanation as to what specifically needed to be fixed, all you said is "Please buff hitta tree." You shouldn't be relying on others to make the point for you, if you want something to be changed you should make the argument yourself.
Not being a douche is free and costs you zero "pretending i'm a forum mod" energy.

You must be great at parties.
Magus 40/78

Grock

Post#15 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:20 am
Grock wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 am
What else you see?
Its literally already in this thread
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

oaliaen

Post#16 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:14 pm Imagine having the audacity to hijack other class's thread to sarcastically ask for more chosen buffs
He plays Order IB so..yea.i can imagine

Skullgrin

Post#17 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm

Chopstix wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:14 am Now that you have an explanation are you happy? have you added anything constructive to help the point along? I'm sorry i didnt make your descriptive standards but if you dont have anything to add about choppa or the hitta tree or how to make the class better in any way then why are you here?

I personally feel that the Choppa is in a good place right now, so no, I'm not happy with the thus far lame reasons given for wanting it to be buffed. I feel the same when I see arguments that White Lions need to be nerfed. If you can't deliver hard facts as to why something should be changed then your argument will be taken with a grain of salt. The only actual arguments in this thread that have any weight to them are the ones Sulorie made arguing that for the most part Choppas are fine. His statement about them being starved for tactic slot choices is a good one, however that argument can be made for most of the games classes, Chosen included. So instead of taking offense at the way I made my point, start presenting facts that might change my mind on the topic.

Grock wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 am You're playing one of the most privileged classes in the game and invading other's thread like thi - its simply disrespectful

Heh, so I'm suffering from "Chosen Privilege". I am so gonna use that... :P

martholomew wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:35 pm Not being a douche is free and costs you zero "pretending i'm a forum mod" energy.

I have NEVER claimed to be a forum mod or to be affiliated with the Dev team in any way. In fact, your snidely inferring such a thing says much more about you than me.

Oh, and I am great at parties. But that's a really lame ad hominem attack on your part...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Sulorie

Post#18 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:50 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm
His statement about them being starved for tactic slot choices is a good one, however that argument can be made for most of the games classes, Chosen included.
With that argument I didn't meant to highlight, that a certain class has too many useful tactics and it's a hard choice to pick 4.
It's more like 2h choppa and slayer have only 3 tactic slots, because 2h spec is around exhaust 2h exclusive skills, which require a mandatory tactic to prevent losing all rage after one ability.
Dying is no option.

Ads
martholomew

Post#19 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:58 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm
Chopstix wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:14 am Now that you have an explanation are you happy? have you added anything constructive to help the point along? I'm sorry i didnt make your descriptive standards but if you dont have anything to add about choppa or the hitta tree or how to make the class better in any way then why are you here?

I personally feel that the Choppa is in a good place right now, so no, I'm not happy with the thus far lame reasons given for wanting it to be buffed. I feel the same when I see arguments that White Lions need to be nerfed. If you can't deliver hard facts as to why something should be changed then your argument will be taken with a grain of salt. The only actual arguments in this thread that have any weight to them are the ones Sulorie made arguing that for the most part Choppas are fine. His statement about them being starved for tactic slot choices is a good one, however that argument can be made for most of the games classes, Chosen included. So instead of taking offense at the way I made my point, start presenting facts that might change my mind on the topic.

Grock wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:45 am You're playing one of the most privileged classes in the game and invading other's thread like thi - its simply disrespectful

Heh, so I'm suffering from "Chosen Privilege". I am so gonna use that... :P

martholomew wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:35 pm Not being a douche is free and costs you zero "pretending i'm a forum mod" energy.

I have NEVER claimed to be a forum mod or to be affiliated with the Dev team in any way. In fact, your snidely inferring such a thing says much more about you than me.

Oh, and I am great at parties. But that's a really lame ad hominem attack on your part...
Acting like a forum mod speaks louder than words saying you're one. You're an absolute tool for derailing this forum topic and the OP's post for your own histrionic needs.

You might think you're great at parties, but I doubt everyone else at the party does. Not sure if you realize it or not, but a heart isn't judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others....so far, several of us don't see much to love.

You need to take a step back. Everyone responding to you is a result of your own shitty behavior. But histrionic, narcissistic people don't get that. Neither will you.
Magus 40/78

Skullgrin

Post#20 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:50 pm With that argument I didn't meant to highlight, that a certain class has too many useful tactics and it's a hard choice to pick 4.
It's more like 2h choppa and slayer have only 3 tactic slots, because 2h spec is around exhaust 2h exclusive skills, which require a mandatory tactic to prevent losing all rage after one ability.

The same could be argued for certain builds for most classes. For example, 2H Chosen pretty much requires you to take the tactics Rugged and Flawless Armor - if you don't you are too squishy and die before you can do enough damage to be effective. These types of choices were a conscious decision on the part of the Mythic developers, and while I may not agree with all the choices they made I do think there were good reasons for them. My main point though is that I've yet to see any compelling evidence that would make me think that an entire Choppa mastery tree needs to be reworked and buffed.

martholomew wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:58 pm Acting like a forum mod speaks louder than words saying you're one. You're an absolute tool for derailing this forum topic and the OP's post for your own histrionic needs.

You might think you're great at parties, but I doubt everyone else at the party does. Not sure if you realize it or not, but a heart isn't judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others....so far, several of us don't see much to love.

You need to take a step back. Everyone responding to you is a result of your own shitty behavior. But histrionic, narcissistic people don't get that. Neither will you.

Oh look, more personal attacks.

Look, you may not like how I made my point in my initial post here, but it did a excellent job at making it and drawing everyones attention. That point being that, as far as I'm concerned, just asking for a buff to your favorite class without giving a reason for why is patently ridiculous. Choppas are in a good place currently and don't need any major work. I didn't try to derail the thread, I just pointed out how ridiculous it was to make a request for buffs without giving any reason for the need to.

At this time I've made more of a contribution to this thread than you have, so either stop posting or make an actual argument as to why you think Choppas need to be buffed. All you have done so far is to whiteknight for someone who is apparently to lazy to make an actual case for why Choppa buffs should be implemented.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80