Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Simple guide for Shaman Heal

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Simple guide for Shaman Heal

Post#11 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:18 am

havartii wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:02 pm
zak68 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:03 pm Khaine's Refreshment is not a hot but a channel and it's not group based.
Each second all allies within 30 feet will regain health, what part of this is not group based?
cast time 3s => Each second all allies within 30 feet will regain health. Not a hot, and you need to stand still for 3 seconds for full duration.

Ads
havartii

Post#12 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:13 am

ok shammies don't get that either
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

NSKaneda

Post#13 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:36 pm

We do, and I know I'm repeating myself: it's called Breath of Mork, three ticks of 501-520 hp to everyone 30feet from your defensive target. Funnel pushes, blob melee, artillery shelling - BoM is a fire&forget skill.

havartii wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:05 pm Breath of Mork is not an option as you need focus mind to burst heal, Furry of the green is only useful if you have a chopps or blork in your party.

I don't need Focused Mind to burst heal. Class mechanic is enough.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

TreefAM

Post#14 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:54 pm

All shamies should read this thing, Gobo since I first had him in city has been putting out amazing amount of heals.

Ulafson

Post#15 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Thanks for your participation I hope it helped some gits.

Barsax08 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:40 pm Nice guide Gobbo, I hope that will allow the destru to have a little more efficient sham; maybe you should share some scoreboard to prove the efficiency of the shaman and your build.

I can show some scorboard ofc
a couple shots from descent city fights:

https://i.imgur.com/UaRN9Na.png

https://i.imgur.com/IkyhdGD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/rkcBcwg.jpg

I dont find more recent shots since I have other char to gear in city now.
it's just a proof that shaman can show good numbers and I saw way bigger number from other shamans. The room for improvement with FODG build is large.
there is always better than yourself
Last edited by Ulafson on Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Telther

Re: [Shaman] Simple guide for Shaman Heal

Post#16 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Loving this thread, fodg has been my favorite build on my gobo, glad to get more info on it. Can’t see the pictures though, link said I didn’t have access

Bozzax

Post#17 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:00 pm

My .2€ from playing lifetap heal (a lot)

1. You need a solid aoe healer in your group (non pug setting). Strength is ST heals
2. The lack of baseline aoe hots and absorb/lifetap procs painfull (dok and zele has 3+ = saved many gcds)
3. M2 BoM AOE hot or FM is a very hard pick and situational
4. DoKs still ”is it” when s.. hits the fan
5. You need about 6 tactic slots to be on par with a zele/dok. You can be a good healer never best
6. Insta ress is great
7. Smallscale, you are the most mobile healer + puddle
8. You use many more abilities healing then any other healer
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Gadzek

Post#18 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:44 pm

There is one thing I don't understand though.

I have played Shaman for about 6 months now, got Invader gear, use pretty much the same build as the main one in this post.
Yet still, pretty much every other Shaman (with worse gear as well) in city/scenario gets much higher healing numbers than me.

I'm sure I spam my HoTs as well as Fury of Da Green whenever I can (I rarely use Bigger, Better an' Cleaner though, since it needs 2 seconds of immobile casting. And often people die when I try to cast it, because, well, my healing sucks as I explained). Also, I cannot use damaging spells often, as the party tends to die when I'm not healing them :< (the global cooldown between spells also does not help)

This is certainly not a gear issue. Is it something wrong with my rotations? Is it purely a party issue (meaning I need to have other healer and CDR in party)?

Ads
Ugle

Post#19 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:24 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:26 pm We have Breath of Mork m2 which does amazing things for aoe healing.

There's also Pass it on tactic which frankly always looked like a wasted tactic slot to me but still, it's there. And ofc Fury of da Green though I feel like it's sluggish ever since shammie/am mechanic nerf.

As for the guide: good write up, thanks for sharing your way :)
Healing a tight meleeparty under pressure with pass it on slotted is actually underrated.

Requires some heal bonus, but coupled with aint done yet easily pumps put 1k extra heals fairly reliable. Focused mind, pass it on, group heal spam = win

Still, better tactics exist.
inactive

cimator

Post#20 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:07 pm

Great guide mate, I was top heals almost every city fight when I was gearing shaman, They are great when paired with chop fasta, but quite mediocre without it.
But one thing for sure, it needs an organized premade to reach full potential, and has by far the highest skill cap compared to other classes, you can do so much micromanaging if you want to.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop