Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Simple guide for Shaman Heal

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
havartii

Re: [Shaman] Simple guide for Shaman Heal

Post#21 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:40 pm

Gadzek wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:44 pm There is one thing I don't understand though.

I have played Shaman for about 6 months now, got Invader gear, use pretty much the same build as the main one in this post.
Yet still, pretty much every other Shaman (with worse gear as well) in city/scenario gets much higher healing numbers than me.

I'm sure I spam my HoTs as well as Fury of Da Green whenever I can (I rarely use Bigger, Better an' Cleaner though, since it needs 2 seconds of immobile casting. And often people die when I try to cast it, because, well, my healing sucks as I explained). Also, I cannot use damaging spells often, as the party tends to die when I'm not healing them :< (the global cooldown between spells also does not help)

This is certainly not a gear issue. Is it something wrong with my rotations? Is it purely a party issue (meaning I need to have other healer and CDR in party)?
Bigger/Better are on long cast times , they are best followed after you cast your heal dot an ap drain, or if you really need to save someone with focus mind. Focus mind is your biggest burst when fodg is not up try to save it for when the order drops a moral bomb. For this reason I slot morale jewels to get it within a few casts, some even run the staff.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Ulafson

Post#22 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Gadzek wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:44 pm There is one thing I don't understand though.

I have played Shaman for about 6 months now, got Invader gear, use pretty much the same build as the main one in this post.
Yet still, pretty much every other Shaman (with worse gear as well) in city/scenario gets much higher healing numbers than me.

I'm sure I spam my HoTs as well as Fury of Da Green whenever I can (I rarely use Bigger, Better an' Cleaner though, since it needs 2 seconds of immobile casting. And often people die when I try to cast it, because, well, my healing sucks as I explained). Also, I cannot use damaging spells often, as the party tends to die when I'm not healing them :< (the global cooldown between spells also does not help)

This is certainly not a gear issue. Is it something wrong with my rotations? Is it purely a party issue (meaning I need to have other healer and CDR in party)?
Hi mate, there is a lot of parameters to take in view and the healing numbers in scoreboard in regular Sc or City are not telling all that happened in fights.

I use Bigger, better an' cleaner mostly when mecanic make it fast or when Focused mind. Offensive spell to build mecanic is FODG 99% of time.

Put Hots on engaged allies, use Fodg on cd, some group heal etc... usually it's enough to keep your allies alive unless you face strong premade with huge pressure and you will need a bit more pre-action to anticipate and have always 1 GCD in advance (hope the second healer is on same mindset) on the damage received, its this GCD time that make your party is alive and not undergoing. Keep the party in a situation where they can have the initiative of action (if situation is hard, all players need to know how to stabilize with their tools for that ofc, as healer you can't outheal "bad moves" from your mates and they can't expect it neither). With experience you will know what is needed to isolate and kill a target, you will recognize the signs when enemy Tanks prepare the field and Dps start their burst.
Learn all the 'burst' possibility of all enemy DPS classes and their CD. Keep track on Morale CD. So you can expect better the next Morale drop and burst.
then you can prepare yourself to contain the burst.

It's probably not a gear issue, invader is ok set. I prefer vanquisher and Fortress staff tho. Anyway I suggest you to to play in organized party (2tanks 2 dps 2 heal, with at least 50% uptime CDR) and look how your performance are differents compared to situations when you are in random group.
Continue to try and you will be better.

6months sham playing is not that long tbh, I started to L2P my sham I was r80+ im not joking; before I was total noob it seems. And still learning things today r85.

Paxsanarion

Post#23 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:58 pm

This is great, I play heals Archmage and I love it. Still working my way up CR 35 and guides like this are just awesome …..thank you for writing it :-)

This one is also great!

viewtopic.php?t=41054

Pax

BluIzLucky

Post#24 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:16 pm

Just to add to what Olafson posted, here's somethings to boost your healing output:

Vanq 4p for AP proc - will probably give about 10% boost over Invader/using AP drain or pots. 6p is also nice.

EQB optimising - pre-hot and hit 3 targets under sustained dmg, have a hot on half wb all time

FoDG optimising - hit more enemies and friendlies (look up from health bars and look for blob) and get good timings

Chop Fasta - 30-60% increase, enter with 5 points, then use mechanic with each cast until expired.

Melee group - more taking dmg more group heal

Zealot, no dok - zealot will like boost you by 0-20%, DoK will have faster group heal and decrease your healing by 0-20%.

Add more heal crit (and willpower) - you may have neglected these in favour of defense, but there's a time a place 0-30%

Tactics - ADY >5%, ESM 5%, resto burst ~5%, discipline <5%

Morale - Rampaging Siphon will be better against burst comps, Focus Mind against sustained (with Chop fasta can go 5x FoDG, Focus Mind, 5x FoDG)

Do all that and you'll still be competing against 7 other heals (and 8 tanks) to get the big heal/prot drops, so better move to France and get fibre optics :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Jimzor

Post#25 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Is the OP still valid? I tried looking up the black orc tactic mentioned (More Choppin' Dem) and couldn't find it on the career builder. I couldn't see anything on there about making WAAAGGGH grant cooldown reduction.

BluIzLucky

Post#26 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:38 pm

Jimzor wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:57 pm Is the OP still valid? I tried looking up the black orc tactic mentioned (More Choppin' Dem) and couldn't find it on the career builder. I couldn't see anything on there about making WAAAGGGH grant cooldown reduction.
Yes, it's still great, it's one of the most comprehensive guides I've come across.
Couple of things changrd (since OP seems inactive);

BO no longer has cool down reduction.

Run Away got nerfed hard, you may want to review if you want to use it.

Armor talisman nerfed, OP"s budget pick of 137 is now the best available, I suppose you could go with 90-124 versions instead or go more for wounds or toughness
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ulafson

Post#27 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:46 pm

Jimzor wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:57 pm Is the OP still valid? I tried looking up the black orc tactic mentioned (More Choppin' Dem) and couldn't find it on the career builder. I couldn't see anything on there about making WAAAGGGH grant cooldown reduction.
It is valid I guess. I tried to update it with recent changes.
thx for the interest I hope u enjoy shaman/am life.