Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] how often do you buff?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phononHYPE

[Choppa] how often do you buff?

Post#1 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:07 pm

Bring Da Pain, Get Stuck In, Come and Get It! - I usually wait until Furious for GSI and then every CD, BDP for when I'm in a good spot (guard+heal) and going in for burst, and CaGI when I feel them focusing me. Along with managing rage, I try to juggle these. How do you do it?
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
anarchypark

Re: [Choppa] how often do you buff?

Post#2 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:56 am

question : do you feel the difference with toughness buff ?
since the combat formula patch.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Since patch, I haven't been in a place to use it. Worked well when guarded, or at least I survived often enough to keep using it - before patch of course. As a note, I also will drop DWLF sometimes, so the toughness bonus is felt more.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:10 am

So after another week of play, I'd say the extra toughness has helped me out of some places, though its hard to measure this IMO. I usually don't run anything in Wrecka tree so the buff is minimal.

Tonight I was trying out dual wield, and using CaGI makes a noticeable difference. When 2h, I debate using GSI as the global could be used for other things and I don't feel the ~.2 speed shaved off is worth it. Perhaps if I'm jumping into a fight and have the global to spare.

Anyone else?

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

mubbl

Post#5 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:27 pm

in general i see all the buffs useable atleast to cover your aa buff. i dont know why you put out 0.2 less cd on aas, maybe gear? (in general i find the stacking of aas modifiers a bit clonky, but normaly i suck at math) i get like 0,5 sec less aas cd, which puts me near gdc which i like in dw.
no practical expirence with 2h since 2 years :D
(papaer vaule is still 0,9sec less aas cd)

phononHYPE

Post#6 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:55 pm

So you use BDP & CAGI to protect GSI? I guess I can see that, but that's just 2 CDs waisted IMO. Still, thanks for sharing that part.

On auto attack speed, GSI seems to underperform for me, but I also compare choppa 2h speed to other 2h classes that seem to have more efficient tools for this.

Edit: the 0.2 aas was off memory, testing it now it's 0.4 increase. Nice but still not shiny.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative