Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Pet Damage Question

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sixmoons48

Squig Pet Damage Question

Post#1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Was it always intentional that squig pets deal half damage based on distance from squig herder? I can understand the change in white lions considering they are tanky, and have more abilities you can activate via pet. But on ranged squig pets with so much issues, they walk back and forth when telling them to target a new target or sometimes even teleport 20 feet to a previous position they were just at, it makes a majority of spiked squig useless. For reference I have attack and passive on mouse to control it, but it's a pipe dream to imagine them working right when I pull it out. Is this something intentional? White lions don't die instantly and don't teleport while I play it, they act like a pet I can rely on. Also white lions love to scale walls and attack other players, but if my ranged squig has to take one step forward they stop attacking. I've heard other squig players complain about this, and it really puts a damper on a whole playstyle when you can't use ranged pets to their actual ability

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Squig Pet Damage Question

Post#2 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:28 am

It's been that way for a couple years, yes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aceboltz

Post#3 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:10 am

But is it intentional? if yes, why?

anarchypark

Post#4 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:40 am

if WL pet is not affected by this you should ask for it.
WL also send pet to target far away.
but...
100ft away ranged pet can hit target 200ft away from owner ?
( if pet range is 100ft )
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Aceboltz wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:10 am But is it intentional? if yes, why?
Someone at some point died in PvP and spitefully changed it, probably. Maybe it's explained in the patch notes whenever it happened.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

cimator

Post#6 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:54 pm

sixmoons48 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:20 pm Was it always intentional that squig pets deal half damage based on distance from squig herder?
I might be wrong about the original implementation but as I recall this was originally done for WL pets to stop the cheesy guardian builds sending pet and stay 200ft away, and it doesnt affect the normal gameplay of the WL since you should be next to your pet anyway. But apparently it affects squigs aswell for some reason. Which is a horrible change because unlike WL it actually hurts the normal SH play, simply because you cant stay with your pet all the time unlike other classes. You just cant.Your squig has less range than you, and it stands still to shoot, while you are constantly moving around and kiting. So you are pretty much bound to be far from your pet and get the damage debuff.

So to sum it up; The change fixed the cheesy stuff ppl were doing without hurting the proper gameplay of WL/Engi/Magus. But, it did hurt normal SH gameplay simply because its pets werent designed to be next to you.
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop