Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] role in dungeons?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

[Choppa] role in dungeons?

Post#1 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:02 pm

I know the pve is secondary, but I'm still gearing up my choppa so I'm in the GB/BB/BE phase right now and I'm a little confused on how I should be most useful. I'm too squishy to feel very useful if I aoe because as soon as I pull aggro I'm practically dead, and my single target dps isn't quite high enough to feel super useful just focusing on melting (or attempting to melt) bosses with GFDSS. Should I be respeccing my build for dungeons in some way?

Ads
Zxul

Re: [Choppa] role in dungeons?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:31 pm

In general, tank should hold agro, whatever on boss or on adds (tanks got Challenge to taunt adds that spawn in waves, or similar).

As aoe dps, you job is to burn mass adds/do decent dps on boss. Keep Don't Hate The Choppa tactic in, unless you are with tank which manages to hold agro even without it. Ap regen is important- depending on what do you got in team (zealot with ap ritual, chosen with ap aura, magus with ap pet tactic), Easy Killin' tactic might be worth keeping in.

Keep aoe detaunt ready for emergencies, such as waves of adds which spawn when tank's Challenge is on CD. Also keep defensive m1 ready for same reason.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

phononHYPE

Post#3 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:34 am

As respecing is free, I usually respec for dungeons. Ensure your MT or OT are guarding, and stay within 30' of them. Of importance, I've found most dungeon fights to be mechanical (at x% of boss health, do this, at y% boss health do that), with only a few being actual dps races before they enrage. Take your time, know the mechanics. Many people doing a dungeon for the n'teenth time on an alt may be impatient, but that wipes groups when everyone is not on the same page. Slow and easy often get dungeons done faster than trying to pull 3-4 groups of trash.

On that note, tactic wise (so you don't have to stop and swap tactics each fight), I would offer RoR.builders - Choppa as a generic build for dungeons. If you have good heals or there isn't much aoe splash damage, change I'm Da Biggest for your choice of Hit You Gooder or Flanking. Later on when you get to Bilerot Burrows (city dungeon), there is a dps race, then it's BF+DWLF+Flanking+Easy Killin for AP control. This spec lets you get aoe and single target for the boss. And everyone loves Chop Fasta! The morales are there for M1: quick defense, M2 extra killin, M3 if you run morale pump group then you can dump Easy Killin tactic.

Remember, learn the fights and make sure everyone knows the mechanics. If your pulling agro, detaunt and sit there for a moment. That's okay; I've had boss fights in BS where we had two choppas just afk for almost two minutes as the tanks built agro. It happens, and was still faster than having the heals or tanks stress and mess up and wipe.

Hope some of this helps, ask away for more questions, and good lunch.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

VkdswWH

Post#4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:05 am

5119 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:02 pm I know the pve is secondary, but I'm still gearing up my choppa so I'm in the GB/BB/BE phase right now and I'm a little confused on how I should be most useful. I'm too squishy to feel very useful if I aoe because as soon as I pull aggro I'm practically dead, and my single target dps isn't quite high enough to feel super useful just focusing on melting (or attempting to melt) bosses with GFDSS. Should I be respeccing my build for dungeons in some way?
its simple mix sets for stats and use "dont hate da chopa" tactic (less agro) and use detaunt. I dont know why u have a problem.
usualy i play in dat build and dont respec for pve/pvp
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4670,4678

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... er/1186867
9.5k hp, soft cap str (1050+) with potion and 700+ws
rr - 3 anticrit, max pary and ws/str for stats ( you dont need a crit on chopa)
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Naelar

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:02 am

You're role is to chop, ofc. :D

Srsly, tho, just dps the **** out of whatever the tank has aggro on.

p00ky

Post#6 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:59 am

5119 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:02 pm I know the pve is secondary, but I'm still gearing up my choppa so I'm in the GB/BB/BE phase right now and I'm a little confused on how I should be most useful. I'm too squishy to feel very useful if I aoe because as soon as I pull aggro I'm practically dead, and my single target dps isn't quite high enough to feel super useful just focusing on melting (or attempting to melt) bosses with GFDSS. Should I be respeccing my build for dungeons in some way?
Like others have already pointed out, respeccing is a viable option, change between aoe warband rvr and pve builds. Many other chars and roles do the same (tanks, healers, etc) so maybe try going a single target spec for Gunbad.

Also, there are many areas in that dungeon where you MUST NOT aoe, doesn´t matter your class or role. Choppas are a perfectly useful DPS in dungeons 8-)

anarchypark

Post#7 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:36 am

get aggro meter addon and play not to be 1st, 2nd top.
leave pulling job to tanks.
wait 5sec for tank to build aggro.
wait aoe after challenge from tank.
don't running around like panic **** when you get aggro.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

jonnytovey

Post#8 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:17 pm

You shouldnt be pulling aggro anywayif your tank is adequate,
Keep your m1 Parry as a panic button,
Dont be afraid to detaunt, its just PvE.

Ads