Recent Topics

Ads

Get to Da Choppa

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
wonshot
Posts: 618

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#51 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:04 am

Choppa pull is annoying as hell, but hardly broken or OP. The jumping after fist tick, to bug out the double tick was the only unintented part as far as I've heard.

Rampage makes the slayer's attacks undefendable, but exhaust your rage and it will take you 5sec to go from Green, to yellow and further seconds to go into Red rage.
Choppa pull, will allow you to stay in yellow or red, the pull is undefendable and while players are Airborn (punted, pulled, or jumping) they cant defend attacks. Making a wierd way of giving your teammembers undefendable attacks on the pulled targets too.

In my book it is a situation of those "Mirrored by not mirrored" cases. Dropping rage vs staying Enrage, making all your own attacks undefendable vs making the target take undefendable attacks. Pros and cons for both, one might be better over all than the other, and both might have their uses.
Bombling BW RR 90 [Line by Line]
1.100 Invader crests on one char. 3/3 Royal gearsets. 600.000+ oRvR kills
Sometimes streams guild warbands with shotcalling during EU evenings.
Alts: Gombling[invader] | Chopling[invader] | Magnetling[invader] | Orderling[onslaught]

Ads
User avatar
Dragonov43
Posts: 5

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#52 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:33 am

Rampage is rank 5 ability and GTDC is rank 13.
With Rampage all attacks are undefendables.
With GTDC, you hit "only" 3 times during the cast.
GTDC can be easily interrupt by many things.
Rampage is only removed by Shatter Enchantement (BO and BG ability).

Each time Order loose, they cry about GTDC. For a long time, i use GTDC with no brain. And now with XP, i use it only when it's usefull or called by WB leader.
Skrypnikov - Choppa RR85
Mriya - Sorc RR79

Image
Pain and Pleasure

User avatar
Alterkraft
Posts: 43

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#53 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:46 am

There seems to be a problem with GTDC and immunities though. When your immunity is about to run out, and you channel GTDC on the last second of your enemy being immune, it does pull you but it doesn't grant you the immunity so you can pulled a second time in a row which I think is not intended.

That said the pull was never the issue, being in the air and not being able to defend against any attacks (not blocking/parrying guard damage is key here) might seem trivial but for those brief 2-3 gcds you can explode pretty fast if your dps is getting heavy focus. But I guess that's fair, the immunity stuff does concern me however :)
Motu | Mothu
<NGE>

User avatar
Ywhi
Posts: 32

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#54 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:02 pm

The Most concerning thing to me right now, is the fact that yourself and your guard melt in a sec when you're in the air.

I would not care having the bug about immunity and being double Pull compare to this.

Anyway, being able to be double pull is barely noticable compare to what is happening with Aoe CC since the Morale patch Changes.

Everything is broken, we're constantly CC on top of immunity (Aoe KD from Mara - Aoe Silence - Stagger).

Dunno if people actually understand and pay attention of what is happening when they fight. Almost nobody seems to complain about it while we notice it every time we play.

But i guess "No proof" ;).

So yes choppa Pull is BROKEN in a way because the PULL itself does WEIRD thing. THIS SPELL is not broken to me if it was working as intended. (Counter Play, except the first tic ofc but it's not like you're going to wipe because of that. Oh wait :shock: , atm yes.)

anarchypark
Posts: 1602

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#55 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Tenhi wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:13 pm
- It ticks at 0-2-4-"end" mark. The first pull therefor cant be avoided at all. The "end" tick can be cheesed/exploited by canceling the channel to get the "end" tick at the same time as an other tick (thats why you sometimes get hit twice in the same sec)

instant CC : breaking formation. no counter against first tick pull when front lines crash.

domino effect : first grp get pulled, action disrupted, 2sec later second grp get pulled and disrupted, then next and next.

chain effects is very high lvl of coordination. for example chain challenge, champion's challenge then stun at the end of it, fake push at funnel etc.
by just 1 click they do this waves of CC.

first tick CC have no counter. while you focus to interrupt channeling( which is after get pulled 1.5s, plus actual interrupt skill cost gcd, you already spent 2.5-3s ) they can focus on other things. distraction advantage, that's value of initiatives.
you can choose your actions first.
on other side they have to wait first turn.

I guess seeking counter to cc wave is pointless. just bomb harder with BW and rampage slayer.
what a joy of meta game.

maybe make it to pull once, at the mid of channeling ?
if rampage is too good, make them only avail at red. delay the effect. tuning cd and duration.
SM8, SW8, AM7, WL4, KoBS5, BW4, WP8, WH4, IB4, EG4, RP4, SL5
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE7, Cs7, Mg7, Ze6, Mara6, BO4, SH4, Shm5, Chop3
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1645
Contact:

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#56 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:40 pm

Ywhi wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:02 pm
The Most concerning thing to me right now, is the fact that yourself and your guard melt in a sec ........
Sounds like rampage to me

User avatar
Ywhi
Posts: 32

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#57 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:40 pm

Acidic wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:40 pm
Ywhi wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:02 pm
The Most concerning thing to me right now, is the fact that yourself and your guard melt in a sec ........
Sounds like rampage to me
Why're you "coting" half of a phrase to put it out of the context ? I'm not saying anything about GTDC himself, i think it's a really nice spell actually.

But since you want to go for the easy way, the boring whining about GTDC / Rampage.

Why are u comparing an ability that make you bypass Parry/Block on yourself and an ability broken in a way that it disabale any defenses ? :? (And my guess, it works like that for every pull in the game atm, except it's way more noticeable on GTDC because of how long you're in the air inside a train and taking damage from EVERYONE)

Anyway, Fluf, dunno what is your goal about coting me but you're playing most of the time 2H, there is an other spell that will make you explode over rampage. Just saying.

It feels like players are that biased (or clueless) about their own class and faction that they don't WANT to see what thing is actually BROKEN or not. (I'm saying again "Broken" not "Overpowered".)

Cheers

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1645
Contact:

Re: Get to Da ChopPer

Post#58 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Ywhi wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:40 pm
Acidic wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:40 pm
Ywhi wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:02 pm
The Most concerning thing to me right now, is the fact that yourself and your guard melt in a sec ........
Sounds like rampage to me
Why're you "coting" half of a phrase to put it out of the context ? I'm not saying anything about GTDC himself, i think it's a really nice spell actually.

But since you want to go for the easy way, the boring whining about GTDC / Rampage.

Why are u comparing an ability that make you bypass Parry/Block on yourself and an ability broken in a way that it disabale any defenses ? :? (And my guess, it works like that for every pull in the game atm, except it's way more noticeable on GTDC because of how long you're in the air inside a train and taking damage from EVERYONE)

Anyway, Fluf, dunno what is your goal about coting me but you're playing most of the time 2H, there is an other spell that will make you explode over rampage. Just saying.

It feels like players are that biased (or clueless) about their own class and faction that they don't WANT to see what thing is actually BROKEN or not. (I'm saying again "Broken" not "Overpowered".)

Cheers
The point being vs slayer ball block/parry gives nothing most of the time, guard and guarded target melt. Wonder why I don’t use shield there is a good chunk of the answer. Other chuck is 2h BO is super fun :)
So the reality is rampage and GTDC are offering something that kind of makes the defensive setup of tank wasted . Difference is rampage is controllable GTDC random. But in effect asymmetric balance, and yes I hate rampage

Ads
User avatar
cleanharry030
Posts: 29

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#59 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Rampage has a very easy counterplay and i have yet to see tanks actually using it.
Ybilla WP / Valrelen DoK

Not Good Enough / NGE

User avatar
Ywhi
Posts: 32

Re: Get to Da ChopPer

Post#60 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm

.
Last edited by Ywhi on Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests