Recent Topics

Ads

Get to Da Choppa

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aurandilaz

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#31 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm

Draugris wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:05 pm
Tenhi wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:13 pm So what does all that mean? Grunbag and Wargrimnir already said that its working as intended. The only thing I would like to be fixed is the Immunity issue since that looks like a bug and less like "working as intended".
So what you are saying is that a choppa can infinite pull somebody with gtdc as long as nobody else is giving immunity to that player? :lol: :lol: Yeah whatever I am not even wondering anymore.
If you see the ability bugging, why not make a bug report with video evidence?
The pull event -> immunity granted is on delay to prevent random lag issues/interrupts preventing the pull that is already in momentum from bugging out.

Ads
Draugris

Post#32 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm If you see the ability bugging, why not make a bug report with video evidence?
Because this evidence as I understand has already been documented by Tenhi if you mind actually reading his post.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Aurandilaz

Post#33 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:59 pm

Draugris wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:39 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm If you see the ability bugging, why not make a bug report with video evidence?
Because this evidence as I understand has already been documented by Tenhi if you mind actually reading his post.
yes, in the video the person gets pulled when their immunity ends, and due to lag it happens to do a 2nd "pull" at the spot where his pull was supposed to end, again due to mix of delay on immunity + lag.
good luck getting same bug to happen in lag-free situations, feel free to try and upload evidence of it

Kaelang

Post#34 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:49 pm

The double pull has been addressed - but it's difficult to replicate. It's likely based on lag.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

CountTalabecland

Post#35 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:00 pm

So what about the double punt on SH knockbacks? Same kind of issue?

Tanks on Order might as well be renamed ping pong ball career due to how often they get bounced around.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Kaelang

Post#36 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:04 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:00 pm So what about the double punt on SH knockbacks? Same kind of issue?

Tanks on Order might as well be renamed ping pong ball career due to how often they get bounced around.
There's obviously a degree of lag that needs to be taken into account when these types of things happen - that being said, there's probably checks that can be implemented to stop the frequency of it occurring. I would need these individual skills listed on the BT though to have someone look into it.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Tenhi

Post#37 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:59 pm

Draugris wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:05 pm So what you are saying is that a choppa can infinite pull somebody with gtdc as long as nobody else is giving immunity to that player? :lol: :lol: Yeah whatever I am not even wondering anymore.
Hmm I've never seen/experienced it myself. From what I can tell the Immunity gets applied when you land in front of the Choppa... which allows for the double pull stuff... 1st pull to the Choppa and then a 2nd pull either again to the Choppa or to a different target? I've never seen the pull go to a different target, just to the same Choppa again. Thats the strange little bunny hop you do in front of Choppas.

Kaelang wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:49 pm The double pull has been addressed - but it's difficult to replicate. It's likely based on lag.
When I tested it with Fixxer we were in an empty zone during off-prime hours. Not sure how much lag would affect us there.

From what I can tell this only happens if you pull someone the second his Immunity wears off, maybe its a problem with all pulls but GtdC is the only one we notice because its "spammable".

Aurandilaz

Post#38 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:34 pm

Tenhi wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:59 pm
Draugris wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:05 pm So what you are saying is that a choppa can infinite pull somebody with gtdc as long as nobody else is giving immunity to that player? :lol: :lol: Yeah whatever I am not even wondering anymore.
Hmm I've never seen/experienced it myself. From what I can tell the Immunity gets applied when you land in front of the Choppa... which allows for the double pull stuff... 1st pull to the Choppa and then a 2nd pull either again to the Choppa or to a different target? I've never seen the pull go to a different target, just to the same Choppa again. Thats the strange little bunny hop you do in front of Choppas.

Kaelang wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:49 pm The double pull has been addressed - but it's difficult to replicate. It's likely based on lag.
When I tested it with Fixxer we were in an empty zone during off-prime hours. Not sure how much lag would affect us there.

From what I can tell this only happens if you pull someone the second his Immunity wears off, maybe its a problem with all pulls but GtdC is the only one we notice because its "spammable".
The same thing actually happened with WL+Mara pulls years ago, and was fixed by implementing something that prevents "target is too close" check on pull, namely within 10-15 feet min range check - before that a WL would pull you in a slow motion upwards within 10-5ft range and if you had lag, you might have had similar bunnyhop happen occasionally with "delayed landing".
But again no clue if similar thing can be done with Squig knockback + Magus/Engi/Chop pulls that would add a layer of checking if something is too close to be affected by CC - but not adding same check on dmg, since adding dmg check would mean that getting close enough to choppa AoE would prevent you from being hit by their AoE?

Ads
Draugris

Post#39 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:59 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:59 pm good luck getting same bug to happen in lag-free situations, feel free to try and upload evidence of it
I got double pulled recently in a scenario, and this weekend it happened to somebody in my group in phoenix gate too. And people also reported here in this thread, seems like we had already incredible luck with this bug. So you have an undefendable pull on choppas from 40 feet where it´s possible that it does not give an immunity, sounds golden :lol:
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

raistomen

Post#40 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:13 pm

Eschatology wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:03 pm Anyone else notice that there doesn't seem to be a disrupt/block/parry check with GTDC? Additionally, there seem to be situations where you seem to get double pulled - as if the immunity from one knockback/pull hasn't registered before GTDC grabs you. This seems to increase the amount of time you're in the air and as a result, increases the time you're vulnerable.
its a pretty short range

you know how to counter it, just look to the left of your keyboard for the WASD keys, just like it some of those, try and pick the ones that go away from the choppa