Recent Topics

Ads

Get to Da Choppa

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mytreds

Re: Get to Da Choppa

Post#11 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 am

StrongUn wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:28 pm Destro OP nerf destro...
“Microbrain! Growl for me...let me know you still care”

-Q

Ads
Martok

Post#12 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:44 am

mytreds wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:25 am“Microbrain! Growl for me...let me know you still care”

-Q

Excellent reference.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

CountTalabecland

Post#13 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 am

GTDC and SH out here ignoring immunities and destro keeps salt mining over rampage. What a shocker. Wonder how many more of these threads need to be made before something actually gets done?

Since that “nerf destro, destro op” joker already chimed in with his salt, let me jusy say, “rampage is balanced.”
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

StaH84

Post#14 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 am

Its actually Git to Da Choppa, Youre talking about wrong skill.🤭
But seriously copy paste this to Slayer vs Choppa topic, no need for whining new one.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

Eschatology

Post#15 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:32 am

Hey, that's cute. I would be happy to if that were the topic. I invite you to look at it again, read the thread, understand the focus of the conversation, and ultimately reassess your suggestion.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:02 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:08 am GTDC and SH out here ignoring immunities and destro keeps salt mining over rampage. What a shocker. Wonder how many more of these threads need to be made before something actually gets done?

Since that “nerf destro, destro op” joker already chimed in with his salt, let me jusy say, “rampage is balanced.”
You don't see the balance in classes having strong abilities that each side whines about evenly? Nothing needs to be done with GTDC or Rampage, they are both working as intended.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Brickson

Post#17 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 pm

Well the tooltips don't mention that 'Git To Da Choppa' and 'Outta My Way' are undefendable and are ignoring immunities and should be able to multipunts/doublepulls of a single player. So they're not really working as intended.
At least if you want to apply the same argument that came up for the changes to sweeping razor tactic and BaL :P
Something that's 'breaking' the commonly known rules of the game (here: immunities) will always feel weird to people. Doesn't matter if it is justified balance wised. So maybe changing the tooltips could make it a bit less confusing for people.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Eschatology

Post#18 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:34 pm

Both sides complaining about opposing skills/tactics doesn't speak to any sort of parity between skills or factions - this is thinly-veiled whataboutism. Each case should be judged on its own merits and if its found to be either game-breaking, having unintended consequences, or offering a singular advantage to one side, then it should be addressed.

I entered this conversation believing GTDC behaved outside the norm for an instant-cast channeled ability on a relatively short cooldown. If it were a morale, it would make much more sense. I wonder if the immunity were applied at the beginning of the pull, rather than the end of the GCD - which is how it appears to me as the pullee - if this would fix the multi-pull effect. "Working as intended" here seems to be a relatively weak post hoc explanation for how something isn't in line with other similar abilities in game.
Last edited by Eschatology on Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#19 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Brickson wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:09 pm Well the tooltips don't mention that 'Git To Da Choppa' and 'Outta My Way' are undefendable and are ignoring immunities and should be able to multipunts/doublepulls of a single player. So they're not really working as intended.
At least if you want to apply the same argument that came up for the changes to sweeping razor tactic and BaL :P
Something that's 'breaking' the commonly known rules of the game (here: immunities) will always feel weird to people. Doesn't matter if it is justified balance wised. So maybe changing the tooltips could make it a bit less confusing for people.
a lot of things arent explained by tooltips, GTDC pull being undefendable being just one of them
Rampage ignores Guard dmg avoidance check, but doesn't say that either (all tanks guarding allies hit by Slayer attacks - will not be able to mitigate any guard damage no matter how high Block + Parry stack, Slayer being the only mdps in the game that lashes highest possible dmg potential on whole enemy frontline)
lot of tactics do not have their internal cooldowns shown - including DoK/Rp/Zealot healdebuffs - DoK Covenants have 1s ICD, shown nowhere (WP doesnt). WE Kiss procs have ICD, again shown nowhere. Leonine Frenzy has its ICD displayed, but Witchbrew doesnt and at this point I cant remember even how many times it was nerfed and whatever the remaining ICD remains at. Don't remember if SL/Squig cd increaser has correct tooltip values or not in game after the latest nerf.
Some pets receiving less AoE attack dmg is explained nowhere, and I don't even remember if it applies to all pets or just some, and why - or why they are not receiving group heals unless in some situations where player close enough they might receive some of the healing shared (or was that changed again?). And pet dmg decreasing when further away from player is also not shown, IIRC.
Sm/Bo stance swaps also ignore GCD, but not shown in tooltip - few other abilities have similar GCD bypass, but again don't think its explained in their tooltips.
Flashfire requiring to jump to be instant cast is also not explained in tooltip, but that's just a feature at this point.

This isn't even a ROR issue - on live various abilities were also "mystery" things that may or may not do what the tooltip mentions. You probably have more correct tooltip information texts than compared to live WAR.

normanis

Post#20 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:14 pm

on live it wasnt so big problem because it was self root while u cast it, in ror its heavely boosted up abilitie what works greater radius than id
rampage is to counter heavy destro tank block/parry rating ( what was again boosted for destro in ror)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"