Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Newly hit RR55 healer spec video

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
p00ky

[Shaman] Newly hit RR55 healer spec video

Post#1 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:17 am

Hi there guys,

New to the game (just hitting 3rd week now) and thought I would do a little video of one of my first RvR experiences as healer Shaman in RvR. I have a long way to go on improving my gameplay, specially after watching myself (didnt apply enough silences, lifesteals, AP drain, debuffs, etc). I read a lot of people complaining about shamies heals compared to Doks and Zealots in term of total healing output to which I disagree (yes a single zealot can prob keep a group up longer than I can vs burst) though I think we can definetly keep a group up when we are 2 shammies in same team. Those last fights were 10v11 and 10v10 and as long as both manage to chuck on hots before fights start and then pass onto aoe/shield and lifesteals things seem to go alright.

Also, I hope this gives new comers to the game as myself an idea of how much fun they can be if you are looking for a more complicated/challenging char to play.

I openly accept all feedback to help improve my gameplay :D

See you guys out there.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiMpRY39ocM[/youtube]

PD: I am using standard healing build found here on forums / lvl 3 furtile strikes and healing crit is at 29%

2nd part [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpOY-ACdNQ[/youtube]

Trollz - Shaman RR81
Last edited by p00ky on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: [Shaman] Newly hit RR55 healer spec video

Post#2 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi, instead of Breath of Mork M2, you should use Focused Mind.
Dying is no option.

p00ky

Post#3 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:37 pm Hi, instead of Breath of Mork M2, you should use Focused Mind.
Thanks! I was actually trying that out earlier today and the difference is crazy, massive boast to heal output!

Sulorie

Post#4 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:52 pm

p00ky wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:50 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:37 pm Hi, instead of Breath of Mork M2, you should use Focused Mind.
Thanks! I was actually trying that out earlier today and the difference is crazy, massive boast to heal output!
Not only for healing, you can use it defensively too, in order to get out of sticky situations.
Dying is no option.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:31 pm

Spoiler:
p00ky wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:17 am Hi there guys,

New to the game (just hitting 3rd week now) and thought I would do a little video of one of my first RvR experiences as healer Shaman in RvR. I have a long way to go on improving my gameplay, specially after watching myself (didnt apply enough silences, lifesteals, AP drain, debuffs, etc). I read a lot of people complaining about shamies heals compared to Doks and Zealots in term of total healing output to which I disagree (yes a single zealot can prob keep a group up longer than I can vs burst) though I think we can definetly keep a group up when we are 2 shammies in same team. Those last fights were 10v11 and 10v10 and as long as both manage to chuck on hots before fights start and then pass onto aoe/shield and lifesteals things seem to go alright.

Also, I hope this gives new comers to the game as myself an idea of how much fun they can be if you are looking for a more complicated/challenging char to play.

See you guys out there.

PD: I am using standard healing build found here on forums / lvl 3 furtile strikes and healing crit is at 29%

Trollz - Shaman RR59
Nice vid mate.

as others said, breath of mork only worth in some situations where allies are packed and you are safe (probably in fort/keep funnels). In common situations focussed mind is better, and shiphon too.

IIRC u didnt use any of your detaunts in whole vid => shammy have a ST detaunt (10sec cd) and aoe detaunt (30sec cd). You Must use them and your survability will increase a lot (and use heal pots) => detaunt+double pot = extra life

p00ky

Post#6 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:38 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:52 pm
p00ky wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:50 pm
Not only for healing, you can use it defensively too, in order to get out of sticky situations.
Hmm had no knowledge of this, thanks :D

p00ky

Post#7 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:39 am

emiliorv wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:31 pm
Spoiler:
p00ky wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:17 am Hi there guys,

See you guys out there.

Trollz - Shaman RR59
Nice vid mate.

as others said, breath of mork only worth in some situations where allies are packed and you are safe (probably in fort/keep funnels). In common situations focussed mind is better, and shiphon too.

IIRC u didnt use any of your detaunts in whole vid => shammy have a ST detaunt (10sec cd) and aoe detaunt (30sec cd). You Must use them and your survability will increase a lot (and use heal pots) => detaunt+double pot = extra life
Thanks for the tip :geek: . Ive assigned my detaunts to easier to reach buttons as one is on button 8 (just cant reach it in time), and will get it in my head to use more in rotations as an alive healer is a longer fight for the group!