Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Beating on a non-meta horse, 2H builds gone wrong?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Illuminati

Re: [Choppa] Beating on a non-meta horse, 2H builds gone wrong?

Post#21 » Tue May 19, 2020 4:24 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:31 pm Bleed em out is suppose to deal pulsing direckt damage that increase with every tick and able to proc Hurting Time, as well as other DD procs. Hence why the skill have such high AP cost for dps vallue. I've tried to point this out about a milion times. Can't find any old video proving this cos virtually noone specced for it due to the ap management issue it brought.
BEO does not proc anything. Given its cost, etc. it should.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#22 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Illuminati wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:24 pm
roadkillrobin wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:31 pm Bleed em out is suppose to deal pulsing direckt damage that increase with every tick and able to proc Hurting Time, as well as other DD procs. Hence why the skill have such high AP cost for dps vallue. I've tried to point this out about a milion times. Can't find any old video proving this cos virtually noone specced for it due to the ap management issue it brought.
BEO does not proc anything. Given its cost, etc. it should.
I said it's supposed to. It's not implemented here for whatever reason.
Same thing with Gloom of the Night, every tick is also suppose to act as a AoE pulsing direct damage of it's target, just like Inevitable Doom does, but it doesn't. With 2 sec cast time (Was 3 sec on live AFIK) once upon a time gave Sorcs more then a lousy DoT. And every DoT tick on BW's Detonation is supposed to act a DD tick as well. There's a reason why Detonation have a HEX condition to cast effect just like Stop, Drop and Roll have and costs more AP then Flame breath

porkstar

Post#23 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:18 pm

Is it naive of me to think that, for starters, the 2H slay and chop (not tanks) should get X% - block strikethrough, parry strikethrough, armor pen, chance to interrupt - just for swinging the weapon?

Edit: also WP
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

phononHYPE

Post#24 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:44 am

porkstar wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:18 pm Is it naive of me to think that, for starters, the 2H slay and chop (not tanks) should get X% - block strikethrough, parry strikethrough, armor pen, chance to interrupt - just for swinging the weapon?

Edit: also WP
2H does have inate 10% block-strike through. Compared to the 10% parry you gain when DW, block strike through is pretty worthless - when should you be hitting someone with a shield? When everyone else is dead.

Edit: if you don't have a guard or fixxa that is DrWho, go ahead and hit tanks as they will often be the only thing in range.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

axelpl85

Post#25 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:01 am

As much as i love 2h from times when i played on live, playing it feels clunky and subpar to my current build.

Dual wield gives parry that equals some melee mitigation, 2h helps a tiny bit vs tanks -_-

Wot Rules only makes finishers work good in short time window, then you sit in red. Your finishers hit hard, but weaker than yellow and you cant reset that state which makes you vulnerable if focus fired ( whereas without wotrules you can detaunt_drop_rage_combo )

Pent Up Rage puts another mechanic into mechanic. Execution is weird because you loose momentum, because you have to use finishers 50-75% rage in order to chain them and hit that yellow sweet spot.

Using any of those above, +Strong finish which is mandatory imo ( because if you have those Hitta skills, you want em to hit like a truck ), and stab you gooder ( because crits dooh! ), gives you only 1 tactic choice.
Braindead savage right now allows me 160str, 120WS+120STR, SYG, flanking with spamable GFDSS, and i am less squishy than WotRules for obvious reasons

Defended finisher , most notably NMH, will kick your kill potential in the balls ( sometimes you have to hit from the front ). as savage / wrecka i hardly ever use finishers, run red as much as i can, and rather detaunt that pop finisher to drop rage .

Bleed Em Out can sometimes hit good, but it requires a perfect scenario.
Red, Tons of STR, WS, melee power, armor pen. flanking, lucky crit on last proc, target not cleansed, full duration, excess APs which you could have spent for GFDSS + CSDC ( each hit procing Hurtin time )

Out of perfect scenario it either is cleansed ( wasted AP, should have used DD ability instead ), target dies before ticks that matter( target would have probably died when used cheaper DD ability, can use excess AP for another DD ability on next target) , target is not squishy ( keep 3x slasha + gfdss, refresh slasha, hard to add 45 ap cost skill into rotation )

BEO gave me few good kills ( when i was speced savage, deep hitta with BEO ) but in current RvR / SC / Fort situation i was better to spec into GTDC for pull, interupt, annoy etc.

Loosing ability to Bring It On which is hell of an AoE skill that you cant use with 2h.

i dont see many reasons to spec 2h right now. hope it changes, so we can see some diversity.

phononHYPE

Post#26 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:00 pm

I spec'd DW last night for Praag keep defense, mixed gear and took WS linament for max stats, but with 0% to actually crit, I still helped defend two full waves over 30min of our keep. Was exhilarating and a blast, and as a die-hard 2H fan I hated every minute of it. I found a very nice 2H build that takes 5-6 Warlord for the +2 Hitta tree so I can take all the toys. I don't burst with crits, but flanking and hitting Sit Down > Weakling Killa > NMH feels nice. Put in Slasha or something between each to keep the rage going. But that is A LOT of work getting a set just to make 2H acceptable. Note, I solo a lot and that hurts me, but hey, its a price I pay.

Play DW choppa, leave 2H for us gluttons of punishment that never get group invites. You'll be happier.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

axelpl85

Post#27 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 am

My point exactly. Poping finishers, that actually do something ( debuff CD, debuff outgoing heal,reduce crit etc ) while dealing a tremendous +75% damage is fun.

On paper we have 2 choppas. Both have savage CSDC + FC.
One picks wrecka for extra AoE potential.
Other picks hitta , trading this AoE for extra burst /single target pressure / utility.

Thats how it should look like.
Then reality kicks in and as you said " A LOT of work getting a set just to make 2H acceptable".
WIll do another test , but probably ignoring fun factor, and going 2h / sav with SYG, flanking, DWLF and Strong Finish with only seldom finisher will yield more damage, pressure, and survivability

TreefAM

Post#28 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:37 am

I feel like unless you take wot rules, you won't do much dmg really, but then you'll need a tank and healer on your ass more than the usual gtdc spammer.

Ads