Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] Is there a Melee/Range Hybrid Spec?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
SethAnonymous

[SH] Is there a Melee/Range Hybrid Spec?

Post#1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:38 am

Hello, New player here. I've been having fun on my Squigherder lvling in scenarios (currently lvl 11). There's a good chance that Im doing it all wrong. But I find when I'm plinking ppl from a distance and get run up on by melee I've been hopping into squigarmor and spammimg perhaps the only button I have. In short... is there a spec that supports switching between range dps and Melee?

Ads
XsorrowerX

Re: [SH] Is there a Melee/Range Hybrid Spec?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:21 am

I haven't seen a build for this, but if I were to do it, it would be with quick shoot'n dots/debuffs and then switching to melee to burst down targets with git' em. This would purely be a solo roam or SC build.

Your problem, however, sounds like bad positioning or your team being overrun/not doing a good job, which no amount of build is going to help. Ranged SH is super squishy and you have to prekite at the slightest hint of trouble. Make those enemy melee's over extend into your line and get them stomped by your team.

Stinkyweed

Post#3 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Theorycrafting

Solo Roam / SC - PRI Ranged | SEC Melee Burst

RoR.builders - Squig Herder

Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.81
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

dshdf

Post#4 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:47 pm

sadly such specs aint worth it, you just gonna gimp both your ranged and melee damage in the same time. You PROBABLY could do something like this on SW due to better class mechanic but its still gonna be memeish.

Foofmonger

Post#5 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:29 pm

dshdf wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:47 pm sadly such specs aint worth it, you just gonna gimp both your ranged and melee damage in the same time. You PROBABLY could do something like this on SW due to better class mechanic but its still gonna be memeish.
Basically just par for the course for this game in general. The combat system rewards "specialization" and does not reward "generalism". It's why defensive focused DPS or split dps/tanky tanks are awful. You need to pick something to be good in and do it well, instead of just being worse then others at everything.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Ok, i am new to SH in general. 34/45 right now. I understand that bolster plays in heavily. But what's wrong with the 1st build Stinky posted?

Also, what are the 2 main builds for SH the mSH and rSH i am kinda going by a learn as I go method, would love others input.
-= Agony =-

NSKaneda

Post#7 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:18 pm

Akalukz wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:58 pm Ok, i am new to SH in general. 34/45 right now. I understand that bolster plays in heavily. But what's wrong with the 1st build Stinky posted?
Test them out and see how it plays out for you. They certainly look fun to me - dot and hp debuff from distance, silence, pounce and finish - certainly roaming and maybe even pug solo sc friendly.

But like Foof mentioned - hybrid builds are not rewarded (in case of few classes not anymore) in ROR.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Drys

Post#8 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Since talismans and renown points don't convert when you go into armor, either melee or range will always be a bit gimped.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Drys wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:20 pm Since talismans and renown points don't convert when you go into armor, either melee or range will always be a bit gimped.
bummer i thought talismans would... a bit of a let down.
-= Agony =-

raizagast

Post#10 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:38 pm

Hello, I want to pass my SH from ranged to melee, what stats do I have to look for in the gear or which gear match is better?