Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa BIS Sov vs Invader

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phononHYPE

Re: Choppa BIS Sov vs Invader

Post#11 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:26 am

Illuminati wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:02 pm
phononHYPE wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:09 pm As I missed out on the early city and gold bags giving full pieces (so I am now about 4-5 months behind), I got some cheep Warlord for the WS buff. I can 3pc Inv+3pcWL+3pcBL and get 970 Str, 942 WS, 277 INI, and 771 W (racial tac) without pots, and the Invader helm gives a nice 3% armor pen too. I have no crit, but every hit is gonna hurt; trade-offs. Bring Da Pain! puts me at 1051 WS, but hardly seems worth the CD spot. So far from "BiS" end game, but does fine for the day to day grind.

edit: above is with Vanq boots, with invader 971 str, 921 WS, 280 Ini, 771 W. I run 2h, so I'm sure all you effective choppas are better stats/gear than me rock more, but here is a 2h perspective. I don't quite need bis sov stuff, I'm happy here. Well, maybe a bit low on wounds...
The Beastlord x3 + Full Invader (all WS gems) is still hard to compete with unless you’re going for more wounds from a mix set. When I was looking at it earlier, I had 77% Arm Pen (with the Invader x7 bonus).

The nice thing you have is with that high of Wep Skill you’re probably parrying a ton, especially with 2H. Which 2H are you rocking?

Bloodbane, from city dungeons: 79.2 Dps, 3.6 Speed, 90 Str, 40 W, 61 WS, though I still swap back and forth a bit between this and Bloodlord - 3.2 speed and 60 MP+4crit but lose strength, all WS, and wounds. BB is my favorite by far though.

edit: at 928 WS and Reflexes III I have 49.3 parry, decently noticeable.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Illuminati

Post#12 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:33 am

phononHYPE wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:26 am
Illuminati wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:02 pm
phononHYPE wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:09 pm As I missed out on the early city and gold bags giving full pieces (so I am now about 4-5 months behind), I got some cheep Warlord for the WS buff. I can 3pc Inv+3pcWL+3pcBL and get 970 Str, 942 WS, 277 INI, and 771 W (racial tac) without pots, and the Invader helm gives a nice 3% armor pen too. I have no crit, but every hit is gonna hurt; trade-offs. Bring Da Pain! puts me at 1051 WS, but hardly seems worth the CD spot. So far from "BiS" end game, but does fine for the day to day grind.

edit: above is with Vanq boots, with invader 971 str, 921 WS, 280 Ini, 771 W. I run 2h, so I'm sure all you effective choppas are better stats/gear than me rock more, but here is a 2h perspective. I don't quite need bis sov stuff, I'm happy here. Well, maybe a bit low on wounds...
The Beastlord x3 + Full Invader (all WS gems) is still hard to compete with unless you’re going for more wounds from a mix set. When I was looking at it earlier, I had 77% Arm Pen (with the Invader x7 bonus).

The nice thing you have is with that high of Wep Skill you’re probably parrying a ton, especially with 2H. Which 2H are you rocking?

Bloodbane, from city dungeons: 79.2 Dps, 3.6 Speed, 90 Str, 40 W, 61 WS, though I still swap back and forth a bit between this and Bloodlord - 3.2 speed and 60 MP+4crit but lose strength, all WS, and wounds. BB is my favorite by far though.

edit: at 928 WS and Reflexes III I have 49.3 parry, decently noticeable.
Have you tried Massive Hemorrhage yet? That snare proc is up constantly. Nice for anti kiting.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

phononHYPE

Post#13 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:44 am

Tenhi wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:37 am Ya'll ignoring the 5% Parry Striketrough from Invader. ...
From another topic, I am 3pc warlord, 3pc beastlord, and the rest invader. I'm liking it very much exactly because of the parry-strikethrough bonus, of which I think I'm at 11, with exquisite gunbad amber. Good set-up but my wounds are low.

On topic, what I was initially looking at was warlord replacing beastlord, though you lose out on the top bonuses. I never considered the 7pc bonus would compete with the BG aoe debuff, but as I never was looking at the full set anyway I'm fine with that. Mostly this stuff seems to just make groups need BG (2H) less, or to look at it another way, give more group composition options so you don't 'need' the BG 2H. If the defensive set had the 3pc and 4pc bonus swapped I would be all over wound stacking, but I think that's why they made the defensive bonus 4th bonus, so you couldn't to that. Maybe mixing with some bloodlord 2pc... Oh theory crafting, you are half my gaming : )

edit: On massive hemmhorage, yeah I throw that in the rotation a lot too hahah. I feel it is the go-to for the defensive sov set. Oh 2h toys, so much fun!
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Illuminati

Post#14 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:31 am

The bad part is the 7th bonus doesn’t proc that often so BG is still a thing =)

My goto BIS now (best stats) is x5 Sov (+gem), Beastlord Cloak (+gem), Sent Gloves (+gem), Bastian gem.

Can’t beat the stats ...
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Tenhi

Post#15 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:04 pm

As someone who has no PvE Gear at all I was thinking of going 6Sov/3BL/2Inv. Will need one good Ring to finish it off... not sure what yet.