Recent Topics

Ads

New to RoR - What's noob friendly?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zhogar

New to RoR - What's noob friendly?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:32 am

So I'm looking to make a melee dps role class. And between the two, Black Orc and Choppa. For someone completely new to Warhammer RoR and AoR as a whole. Whats more noob friendly?
I like melee DPs but also seen some vids and seen some 2h black orcs do some good damage while being tanky. So lemme know what's good to role being a first timer.

Ads
Baxna

Re: New to RoR - What's noob friendly?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:41 am

Blork out of the two. Choppa is fun and hits hard, but it's super squishy. I'd say give em both a try few a few levels and see which you like better.

kuj0jotar0

Post#3 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:02 am

Bork is not a dps, its a tank, even if you go 2h for some more damage you will have to fill the tank role in your party which means guard/assist a real dps and follow him around.

The dps of a 2h tank is laughable if you compare it to a real dps.

Also you will need high rr and endgame gear to perform well.

And don't expect to be invited in any organized wb if you are not snb

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:39 am

Zhogar wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:32 am So I'm looking to make a melee dps role class. And between the two, Black Orc and Choppa. For someone completely new to Warhammer RoR and AoR as a whole. Whats more noob friendly?
I like melee DPs but also seen some vids and seen some 2h black orcs do some good damage while being tanky. So lemme know what's good to role being a first timer.
to be real...there isnt any mdps noob-friendly at all....you will die a lot without a proper group.

Marauder is another mdps, his dmg is lower than choppa but have more survability

Sulorie

Post#5 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:15 am

emiliorv wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:39 am

to be real...there isnt any mdps noob-friendly at all....you will die a lot without a proper group.
That's right what I thought, when reading the OP question.
Of both classes, the Black Orc is significantly more noob friendly, albeit you have to like the class mechanic, which is not my cup of tea.
And ofc he OP should play the class with shield and learn the tank game first.
Dying is no option.

StrongUn

Post#6 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:29 am

Solo roam go Black Orc (good surviavility and tools)

With group go Choppa (brainless damage)

Wam

Post#7 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:00 pm

Zhogar wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:32 am So I'm looking to make a melee dps role class. And between the two, Black Orc and Choppa. For someone completely new to Warhammer RoR and AoR as a whole. Whats more noob friendly?
black ork isnt a mdps even if 2hander

MARA/WELF/CHOPPA is MDPS

Choppa is brainless easy raw damage... but super squishy... with pocket guard and pocket healers it is good... you will die alot against anything remotely organised without support... it is fun but if you do not like dying or not going to get friends and organise groups its going to be a bit rough

all MDPS journey in the lower levels is going to be rough truth be told... until you are high renown and geared better... and again you will still want decent support plays

Mara... is the best all rounder class... good ST spec good AOE spec... just lacks a little of the raw burst of the others but makes up with survive and utility

Welf... even squisher but very high burst gank class...

Bork - 2 hander... if you run the focussed offense tactic (plz dont) its worse tactic in game and should be removed... its like the trick noob tactic... any tank that runs that is a joke. Even if you slot strength / weapon skill and go full offense you won't do as much damage as the real mdps classes... you can do good dmg by tank standards though, and aim to be a bit more balanced, and remember you are a tank class... a tank that doesnt use guard is a liability and waste as its core mechanic... you should take alot longer to die on bork than choppa, but also 2hander tanks take alot of renown before they become pretty good and also very solid gear too...
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ekundu01

Post#8 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Out of all the tanks destro side BO has probably the highest damage but all tanks require a lot of RR and higher end gear to put out semi decent numbers.

Most Mdps that are a true Mdps class like Mara, Choppa, Witch elf, MSh, will be able to pump out more damage in much lower gear compared to a tank in dps gear.

Most tank dps gear will also take a while to get because it comes from PvE or doing a lot of SCs.

Also make sure the videos you watched of tanks doing good damage is actually from RoR and not from Live. Tank damage on live was way more than what we have here because of gear with much higher stats and much more renown to spend.

Getting a tank geared to do decent damage is a heavy time investment so if your play time is limited and you only want to play a dps i would suggest playing a true Mdps class. Unfortunately Choppa is not very noob friendly. If you want to play a Greenskin and a mdps that is noob friendly i would say play Msh.
Trismack

Ads