Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Surviving WL burst

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LazarusParadox

[Shaman] Surviving WL burst

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:23 am

Hey all!

The title says it all, how are y'all surviving insane WL burst? I'll be the first to admit, I'm in low gear, (BL and Dominator) but damn, if I can't get a detaunt on the WL or the pet mid pounce I basically get timestamped. I guess they are kinda our natural predator but does anyone have tips for how to deal with them? Just feels like even if you can survive 1 form of CC the KD or the pull will get you.

Thanks!

Ads
sn3jk

Re: [Shaman] Surviving WL burst

Post#2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:31 am

auto detaunt, run away, normal detaunt, heal one 25% hp, shield etc etc. Should make u survive equal geared WL. knockback and slow also helps
Bacongrease - Squig Herder
Bloodynine - Chosen
Oldest - Shaman

spiritbull

Post#3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:44 am

Three to four futile strikes for renown (for scenarios four is better). Armor/toughness/wounds (doesn’t matter) tallies. Detaunt. And wl is no longer a problem. For worst cases have hp pots, but normally not required for single wl. If there are more than 1 focusing you, to survive you’ll need to rely on your teammates.
Ap drain helps as well.

Upd. Just understood you’re asking about dps sham. If you’re experiencing issues with wls, just spec heal, equip mixed dps/heal gear (3 oppressor, 3vanq, 3 dd gen, 2 heal gen, or whatever you want), all futile strike, all wounds from renown and wl gets natural prey for you. The kills will be slow but sure
Last edited by spiritbull on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sofong

Post#4 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 am

y do i have invest so much time and energy and gold and rr points just to survive 1 class lol

gerard86

Post#5 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:10 am

hello, yes , you need to use run away ! if you get knocked down you gonna be in trouble, so you may need to either lifetap fast or bubble to survive this burst damage.

The good thing is that your knockback is likely to connect since you have higher int in DPS spec.

Btw, i think dps shaman need to take FS in renown anyway to minimise crits against you.

phononHYPE

Post#6 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:47 am

Everyone needs FS. Some say <10%, I like <2%, or more often -5% ish. GL.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Zxul

Post#7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:05 am

Negative crit works, so the more the merrier.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sulorie

Post#8 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:32 am

Sofong wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 am y do i have invest so much time and energy and gold and rr points just to survive 1 class lol
Because you survive against anyone else without it?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Jabba

Post#9 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:21 am

In the gear you have, if you want to stay as a 'dps sham', you kinda rely on getting to engage them at 65+ range. If a geared WL gets the jump on you, you're dead with that gear.
As for tips to help:
If you get the jump, dismount them quickly (bunch of waaaagh) snare puddle to keep distance and force them to pop CDs early, you need to maintain 65+ range as long as possible so don't stand still and cast anything. Use flee and ap pots to help with this.
Prioritise ap drain, lifetap dot and get'n smarter.
Use detaunt and shield if they leap/the pet is catching up to you.
Don't waste snare puddles if they already have feline up (leonine too if you want to snare the pet).
Use both your detaunts, if you manage to get dots on first, you can detaunt them to alleviate pressure. Don't forget the lion, keep it detaunted as much as possible too (aoe detaunt or single target if you're actively attacking the player).
Use your cleanse, you need to keep their snare off you if you want to kite in any form.
Don't waste your knockback.
Get pots and use them.
Use terrain where possible, they can't pounce to you if you're on a different elevation.

Sure there's some stuff I've missed but oh well
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Rida

Post#10 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:56 am

Like my Big Brother Tushi said, try to insta cleanse. Most of the lions open with armor debuff so you gonna cleanse it first.
Ridaleth aka Rida aka Whuky Boi
twitch.tv/ridaleth