Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Surviving WL burst

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sarnai

Re: [Shaman] Surviving WL burst

Post#21 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:03 am

Foofighter wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:59 am
Zxul wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:21 pm
Foofighter wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:48 pm

negative crit works for if enemy uses abilities that increase your chance to be crited otherwise its useles in pvp after 0, 10% being max that people can increase your chance to be crited i think
Negative crit works past 0% to be crit to directly decrease your opponent's crit chance, scroll down to Hargrim's post.

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=32251&start=120
i stand corrected didnt know it was diffrent, almost sure back on live it was as i mentioned, well i guess i already considered negative crit pretty decent its even better now, didn't see any mention of cap, does this mean if i get -50% to be crit, someone with 50% crit chance would be at 0 ?
By Hargrim's post, that would be correct. Although there maybe a 'guaranteed crit' roll, like 0 or 100, sort of like a 'Natural 20' in D&D which will always hit.
WH looking for gunbad left

Ads
Xergon

Post#22 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:05 am

LazarusParadox wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:23 am Hey all!

The title says it all, how are y'all surviving insane WL burst? I'll be the first to admit, I'm in low gear, (BL and Dominator) but damn, if I can't get a detaunt on the WL or the pet mid pounce I basically get timestamped. I guess they are kinda our natural predator but does anyone have tips for how to deal with them? Just feels like even if you can survive 1 form of CC the KD or the pull will get you.

Thanks!
Get best defensive stats you can, AntiCrit, Armor, Wounds, tactics AutoDetaunt and RunAway and pray for good RNG.

Its definitly possible to survive WL burst but honestly WL is basically the only class that ACTUALLY can kill deftard/kiting Shamman in 1v1 or roaming scenario, so...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ori

Post#23 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:20 am

arnagob wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:09 pm The best way to survive as dps shaman is to keybind War report and use it before he engage you :mrgreen:
the only valuable advice in this thread :)
Ori, Orish, Orisham ...

drmordread
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:28 am

Sofong wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:56 am y do i have invest so much time and energy and gold and rr points just to survive 1 class lol
My shamie is rr 50 something and in 3/2 Conq/Dominator, and I dont have a problem with WL's of equal rr and gear. And that is the rub, it is the VANQ/INV, Full INV, and soon to be SOV geared WL's that will make your life miserable. But that can't be helped, and it is not the WL class to blame.

DPS shamie gear and weapons rely on emblems from SC's. That is a slow grind, though better ever since the ranked SC came around.
DPS gear for WL rely on medallions from the RvR lakes. They get geared out a lot faster than a dps healer ever will and so have that advantage as well.

Also, all my tallies are wounds. Add auto detaunt and regular detaunt and an occasional heal potion and you too can survive a WL attack. OHH lastly ... CC and shields are your friends. Punts and Slows with use of shields (and m1 shield as well) will def help yu beat them.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Sofong

Post#25 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:16 am

oh i have to actually think and calulate to kill a shaman great news i never noticed that normally i bound all the **** in 1 nerfbuttom and everything dies

zzzRevanzzz

Post#26 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm

People said they never had a problem with WL's of equal rr and gear but did they REALLY checked the gear/rr on those WLs? xD