Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] proposal on Hitta Tree, No More Helpin'

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phononHYPE

[Choppa] proposal on Hitta Tree, No More Helpin'

Post#1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:45 am

Greetings gang, and happy Waaaagh day to you all.

I put a suggestion up here and wanted to let you all know about it. I feel Hitta is lagging behind in what it offers in a big way, and past my long-windedness, I hope I can convey why Hitta is hurtin now and a possible way to help it out. Lots of threads here have said 2H is a meme for a while, and I'd like to change that. What are your thoughts on my proposal, or on how we could fix Hitta/2H?

(Waaagh-out to Kabu fer the idea of sharing. You all know we are different choppas - right?)
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Re: [Choppa] proposal on Hitta Tree, No More Helpin'

Post#2 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:06 am

2H Choppa is a dying breed that needs some love.

Adding an interrumpt effect to No more Helpin! is really good and would make Da'Hitta a stronger spec.

Also take in consideration the new Royal set for Path of Da'Hitta, it needs some tweaking to suit better the 2H spec.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

jshort

Post#3 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:06 pm

After testing it in scenarios with a 2Hand Blorc assisting me, i thought it isnt too bad. I mean once you hit red (Pent up Rage slottet) you can kill a WH in 3 Globalcooldowns. (yeah he need to be out of guard range, you are notdetaunted, etc. )

Yes it NEEDS some love, but you gotta be very delicate when tweaking 2H choppa. If you buff him too much 2H choppa will just 3 Shot everyone (like WL does^^ i dont think they are op, they are strong, but no op). Problem with Heavy Burst classes in general is, either their Dmg is too low, so you cant finish your target and it runs away while your Burst skills are on cd, or you kill it and everyone says, oh this class is so op, they just kill everything in 3 seconds. Its all about finding the SWEETSPOT.

I would suggest this:
Bleed Em Out: the dmg on this ability is Crap anyway. Only the last tick is nice.
New Bleed Em Out: Instant cast, 10 seconds cooldown, Requires Great Weapon, ADDS 25 Rage
Your target suffer x dmg over 10 seconds, has its Parry chance reduced by 10%.

No More Helpin:
Remove the outgoing healdebuff, dmg stays where it is.
You deal xx dmg to your target, if your target is below 50% health this ability will almost always crit.

2Hand is all about getting rage and spending it with your heavy hitting skills. Right now you gotta stay in Combat for atleast 10 seconds before you can start your burst combo, which kinda sucks. And because you dont spam so many attacks its more important that these few attacks actually hit.
So with these changes to Bleed Em Out you can start your burst 5 seconds earlier, and have a higher chance to actually hit your target.

If you want to max out your burst, you gotta pick Brute force (+160 str), Dont wanna live forever (+120 str, +120 weaponskill, -120 toughness) and Stab You Gooder (+25% crit dmg).
So you only have 1 tactic slot left, which in my opinion is Pent up Rage. So you cant pick Strong finish anymore (which adds 15% crit to all Hitta abilities)
With the suggestions for No More Helpin you have 1 Finisher you can count on.

porkstar

Post#4 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:24 pm

I've always believed that 2H weapon should provide a percentage bonus for block AND parry strike through equal to the parry bonus granted for DW weapon. This would also lightly buff DPS WP. Or possibly grant 2H weps a 5-10% bonus to armor pen? Something small like that without trying to change abilities I think is a good way to experiment.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Ysaran

Post#5 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:38 pm

I playd 2h Choppa for quite a time and I honestly think that it only need a rework of Bleed 'Em Out and a slight increase of finishers damage
Zputadenti

porkstar

Post#6 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:57 pm

Ysaran wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:38 pm I playd 2h Choppa for quite a time and I honestly think that it only need a rework of Bleed 'Em Out and a slight increase of finishers damage
I'm bringing one up now and it's pretty fun =D
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

phononHYPE

Post#7 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:14 pm

Bleed Em Out tick 4 is okay and the last is nice of course - I don't have a problem with the damage. I do like the add rage idea, as we need to get Y/R fast, but I feel other parts of Hitta could be tweeked by other things more before this is looked at. It fills a role of First Ability, so that after 10s you have debuffs and enraged to drop a big hit all at once. But executed, its a weak attempt at time-stamping damage.

@Porkstar I really like this idea, of increased strike-through.

@Jshort my problem with making No More Helpin' a crit ability is its just as easy to make that spammable, why I tried to add an interupt as it seems hard to exploit and is a somewhat desired use. Honestly I really like the slayer version, but respect the similar/different aspect of mirroring. On making BEO have a parry redux, that could be viable and would love to try it out. Your closing points are spot on. I'm hoping that once I'm done with Sov/Warlord/other? mixing my Strength will be high enough to drop Brute Force, but we shouldn't have to be in end-game gear to have variety for tactics.

Overall, I like my proposal, but Hitta would still need some work. BEO having a parry-redux would make the tree stronger for sure; or having 2h have some added strike-through would help too - not sure on how WP 2h need it but hey, fair is fair.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

StrongUn

Post#8 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:44 pm

jshort wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:06 pm After testing it in scenarios with a 2Hand Blorc assisting me, i thought it isnt too bad. I mean once you hit red (Pent up Rage slottet) you can kill a WH in 3 Globalcooldowns. (yeah he need to be out of guard range, you are notdetaunted, etc. )

Yes it NEEDS some love, but you gotta be very delicate when tweaking 2H choppa. If you buff him too much 2H choppa will just 3 Shot everyone (like WL does^^ i dont think they are op, they are strong, but no op). Problem with Heavy Burst classes in general is, either their Dmg is too low, so you cant finish your target and it runs away while your Burst skills are on cd, or you kill it and everyone says, oh this class is so op, they just kill everything in 3 seconds. Its all about finding the SWEETSPOT.

I would suggest this:
Bleed Em Out: the dmg on this ability is Crap anyway. Only the last tick is nice.
New Bleed Em Out: Instant cast, 10 seconds cooldown, Requires Great Weapon, ADDS 25 Rage
Your target suffer x dmg over 10 seconds, has its Parry chance reduced by 10%.

No More Helpin:
Remove the outgoing healdebuff, dmg stays where it is.
You deal xx dmg to your target, if your target is below 50% health this ability will almost always crit.

2Hand is all about getting rage and spending it with your heavy hitting skills. Right now you gotta stay in Combat for atleast 10 seconds before you can start your burst combo, which kinda sucks. And because you dont spam so many attacks its more important that these few attacks actually hit.
So with these changes to Bleed Em Out you can start your burst 5 seconds earlier, and have a higher chance to actually hit your target.

If you want to max out your burst, you gotta pick Brute force (+160 str), Dont wanna live forever (+120 str, +120 weaponskill, -120 toughness) and Stab You Gooder (+25% crit dmg).
So you only have 1 tactic slot left, which in my opinion is Pent up Rage. So you cant pick Strong finish anymore (which adds 15% crit to all Hitta abilities)
With the suggestions for No More Helpin you have 1 Finisher you can count on.

Yeah, if "Healers" can have a finisher, why Damage dealers using great weapons cant?

I like the idea, it will improve a new playstyle not only dual wield GTDC/ID and i personally would enjoy it on my choppa :D

Ads