Recent Topics

Ads

ST mSh Build.. Need Help

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
The3rdLetter

ST mSh Build.. Need Help

Post#1 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi guys,

I have been really enjoying mSH in RVR, and mainly built a more tanky SH to survive getting bombed, but right now i'm working on getting my SC weapons and don't think this build is working so much when it comes to Single target. Does anybody have any opinion or tips on how to spec my tactics and renown to survive and do more "burst". Currently rr71 and working on invader tokens when I can.... ALSO, i'm not using pet atm as i don't know what tactics to use pet with.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Ads
Ototo

Re: ST mSh Build.. Need Help

Post#2 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:13 pm

The mistake here is trying to use on single target a clearly AoE class. Join Warbands and Roams, or move to one of the ranged trees.
Spoiler:

Onemantankwall

Post#3 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Ofc ur not doing burst ur not using git em.

Sharp toof + gitem will take all ur woes away, picture a less bursty better utility wl.

Uve been watching too much zarrbix all that no pet aoe bouncin is scs is just fluff
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

The3rdLetter

Post#4 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:32 pm Ofc ur not doing burst ur not using git em.

Sharp toof + gitem will take all ur woes away, picture a less bursty better utility wl.

Uve been watching too much zarrbix all that no pet aoe bouncin is scs is just fluff
Yeah I heard about git em dmg, my problem is i'm not sure what tactics to replace for it... do you mind telling me the set up? Also, I didn't get this build from zarbix, just prefer RVR and the pet dies too fast in rvr so I run my current build.

Onemantankwall

Post#5 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:38 pm

The3rdLetter wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 pm
Onemantankwall wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:32 pm Ofc ur not doing burst ur not using git em.

Yeah I heard about git em dmg, my problem is i'm not sure what tactics to replace for it... do you mind telling me the set up? Also, I didn't get this build from zarbix, just prefer RVR and the pet dies too fast in rvr so I run my current build.
Sharp Toofs, sneaky stabbin, clever stabbin, pick on yerr own size rvr wbs is where you go aoe ur asking for ST settup which isnt rvr wbs its sc/solo roam where pet isnt get blasted 24/7 if someone does get ur pet low in small scale use farty squig and bring up ur other melee squig till u can cycle back

The3rdLetter

Post#6 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:05 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:38 pm
The3rdLetter wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:16 pm

Sharp Toofs, sneaky stabbin, clever stabbin, pick on yerr own size rvr wbs is where you go aoe ur asking for ST settup which isnt rvr wbs its sc/solo roam where pet isnt get blasted 24/7 if someone does get ur pet low in small scale use farty squig and bring up ur other melee squig till u can cycle back
Yes, I am aware that my current build is for RVR. It's the sole reason I am here asking for help on a ST build for SCs lol, you are by far the most helpful person so far and I appreciate every piece of information you have given me.

Onemantankwall

Post#7 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:54 am

Pick on yer own size is a tactic not a smartass remark btw :P and good tip is to save kd (instead of opening with it) for the final burst especially on heals as u lack a debuff

The3rdLetter

Post#8 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:54 am Pick on yer own size is a tactic not a smartass remark btw :P and good tip is to save kd (instead of opening with it) for the final burst especially on heals as u lack a debuff
Alright, I will try to just that. Thanks again!

Ads
xanderous

Post#9 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:50 pm

Pretty difficult to go wrong with a build on melee squiger, you have the choice of building glass cannon, soft capping the strength stat, max crit chance chance, with proper guards and heals, pretty unstoppable or you can build into armour, defensive points into renown and roam solo, being able to do kite most players whilst evading larger numbers and even 1v1 white lions, you can pretty much destroy any class solo with it, accept a healer because they don't have good single target abilities, most weakest class vs it is the poor engie has one big boncin will destroy his turret.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

ktossoun

Post#10 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:46 am

Hi friends,

The advice provided in this thread is loosely true. Git em while usable without a pet (low damage filler) can be very effective in adding to a burst combo with a pet. Why? Because it’s a hard hitting spell that’s all. This in itself is generally why it is considered a single target build. In reality not much else changes but this! To imply that a general aoe build is fluff or not effective respectfully means your doing it wrong. Literally the only difference is in your tactics and removal of pet which is not a direct damage diff aside from Git em being replaced in a burst combo by sneaky strike.

It’s preety straight forward. Cap strength get enough armour penetration - usually circa 500 ws on the low end. Tactics fully offensive. Take territorial, both ballistic enhancers, and more damage when within 25m target.

Bounce to whittle not to burst once you have a small bit of pressure it’s knockdown, sneaky strike claw combo into auto attack while moving around target as they sit up you have an ap tick then you taste like stuntie and cancel animation with hard noggin auto sneaky. This total damage is almost comparative to a git em combo but you are much more survivable and don’t have to worry about pets. If you don’t believe me try it out on a dummy and feedback. Let’s not forget you also gain instant leap.

IMO if git em is solely the reason to loose no cd leap, and defensiveness so that you have a small amount more burst potential you need better gear. It’s as simple as that.

Now with that all said. It is not wrong that git-em pet is a higher overall burst combo and is easier to execute. But the difference is marginal at a significant cost.

Good luck friend! Try both and do what works for you.