Recent Topics

Ads

Bleed em out in 1000 years

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jinxypie

Bleed em out in 1000 years

Post#1 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Can you please take a look at this pathetic dot ticking for 15-20dmg and maybe make it great again (or atleast worth speccing)? It already sits in balance forum for so long that i think its worth the necro. ;)
The build up mechanic is nice, but hardly rewarding even after full duration.

Thx for stopping by
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Bleed em out in 1000 years

Post#2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:49 pm

I agree. Like much of mid tree for SL/Choppa there are AoE build abilities that out shine it. AoE worthless DoT is more efficient than ST worthless DoT so why bother. At least AoE DoT has 30ft range and can start building rage.

Other than a flat damage increase for the DoT, the only way to make it better would be to give it some other debuff or self buff that makes sense with 2h. Given the other abilities they already have, idk what could be done with this. Currently not a bad thing to throw on someone squishy in 1v1 if they are trying to run away but it can be cleansed and wouldn’t pressure a healer anyhow. Not worth the mastery point.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Jinxypie

Post#3 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:16 pm

Single target Rampage added would be nice. Still far cry from what slayers have.

phononHYPE

Post#4 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:09 am

Bleed Em Out sucks because the time to get something out of it is too long. 10s gives any local RP or WP (or BW) 2 chances to cleanse it. Assuming they are asleep and only get one chance towards the end, and they still took the biggest chunk of damage. Of the 5 ticks, 4 is okay but the 5th is the one you want. If you took out the first, second, and third ticks nobody at all, on either side, would notice. Heck, choppa's do more damage to themselves with Hurtin' Time in the same time as BEO takes to tick. Even the third tick, with 15 points in Hitta, does less than Yer All Bleedin' Now low-end at zero points in Wrecka. So ticks 1+2+3 are completely negligible. And that's 6 seconds in, 7 if we count the pauses, for a cleanse to then nullify the last two ticks. All for a measly 45 AP. Yecht.

As an extra note, tick 4 is almost comparable to a Slasha hit, so if you're watching your dots right you might get an extra time-stamp there. Last tick is on the level of an AA hit. So if you have BEO + Yer All Bleedin' Now ticking, you can get; BEO+YABN+HT+AA+some_ability ideeeeeealy in one time stamp for say 600+300+150+600+700 Weaklin Killa ~2.3k. Rough guesstimate and resets your rage.

If it doesn't get cleansed. If they don't parry anything. If they don't take a heal pot or get a hot. Then you can drop a moderate time-stamp.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Jinxypie

Post#5 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:08 pm

I know ppl dont like comparing skills in vacuum but lets think about this for a second:
choppas 5pt skill - 500dmg over 10s dot
slayer 5pt skill that increase your dps output by 30-40% for 20s every 30s

Yes i am talking about Rampage. And if you want argue thats different tree, choppas have even bigger joke in the same tree spot - 100AP pot that drop your rage...

adamthelc

Post#6 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:08 pm

Without fail every Choppa balance discussion will eventually be about rampage if it goes on long enough.

Please bring back spammable deep wound so we have some variety.

Look at making bleed em out better, no problem with that. Maybe make it a damaging debuff or adjust the damage. But you should compare it to comparable abilities.

If you are just after a Choppa rampage, keep on chopping is where you should look. That seems like a digression unless this was meant to be a generalized Choppa bitch and moan thread. But if that were the case do we really need to necro anything? There are so many of them.

Jinxypie

Post#7 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:44 pm

Maybe, just maybe theres actually something wrong about Rampage when every second topic points to it.

adamthelc

Post#8 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:55 pm

Wasnt really taking a stance on that, it's just very repetitive.

But if there is something wrong with it why are you asking for it? I think the biggest problem with it is that undefendable damage supposedly creates undefendable guard damage. That is more of a game mechanic issue though to me.

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#9 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:06 pm

Cuz single target rampage or even slayers one wont be problem if there isnt 60%+ uptime like ATM.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:18 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:55 pm I think the biggest problem with it is that undefendable damage supposedly creates undefendable guard damage.
Is this a thing?
Dying is no option.