Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Why hasn't Wot Rules been made viable yet ?.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Diggot
Suspended

[Choppa] Why hasn't Wot Rules been made viable yet ?.

Post#1 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:04 pm

It's been a while now since last i played, got sidetracked into other games and with the - at the time - problems with
the hilariously OP whitelions, and i still see this tactic is considered not viable which makes the left and middle tree
completely obsolete due to being ragedumps.

So why hasn't this tactic been viable !? Also the fact that 2handed choppas are condered nothing more than a memme,
and completely pointless to run because DW is better in everything, especially defense.

What's taking so long fixing this class and the tactic !?.

Ads
Illuminati

Re: [Choppa] Why hasn't Wot Rules been made viable yet ?.

Post#2 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:48 pm

and fix Pent Up Rage so Detaunt uses a stack instead of loosing all rage =)

Agree. Playing 2H at the moment and its rather meh.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:51 pm

You can’t make wot rules viable in its current design

The only reason it was considered even remotely useable on live was due to the ultra defensive rr100 sets granting better survivability

Sulorie

Post#4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:09 am

Use it for pve then.
Dying is no option.

zumos2

Post#5 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:36 am

Have you tried Pent Up Rage tactic instead of Wot Rules? I'm not saying running that tactic with a 2H is better than the standard DW spec, but it should be good enough to at least have some fun with! And unlike Wot Rules, it actually increases your burst potentional plus you can still drop rage if necessary.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ekundu01

Post#6 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Diggot wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:04 pm It's been a while now since last i played, got sidetracked into other games and with the - at the time - problems with
the hilariously OP whitelions, and i still see this tactic is considered not viable which makes the left and middle tree
completely obsolete due to being ragedumps.

So why hasn't this tactic been viable !? Also the fact that 2handed choppas are condered nothing more than a memme,
and completely pointless to run because DW is better in everything, especially defense.

What are you looking for them to change about this tactic?

Edit:(You can make use of this tactic if you use detaunt to drop rage when you need to drop it.) I tested this out because i assumed it would drop rage like it does when you hit detaunt but infact it does not drop rage with this tactic equipped when you hit detaunt. Pent up rage is the only choice if you want to be able to hit multiple exhaustive blows and still be able to drop rage with detaunt when needed.

As far as DW vs 2handed, i think the itemization on 2handed is a bit weak. You give up too much to go 2handed because you can't use 2 talismans of the same type that you are not restricted to with DW and also you lose the passive parry from DW for a passive block bypass if i am not mistaken. Also some 2handers only have 1 proc where as with DW you have the possibility to have 2 procs (1 on each).
Last edited by Ekundu01 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trismack

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:55 pm

Wot Rules is okay if enemy doesn't focus you - or in pve in some cases, say AP regain finisher (suck it slayers, choppa has superb AP giving finisher and is better in pve almost if you forget Slayer AP-cost reduce buff and ID)
You can run Wot rules + spam Wild Chopping with Chop Fasta, assuming enemy doesn't focus you down because you have 200 resis and 50 toughness or something. Wild Choppin is nice, since it hits 24 targets, whereas Lotsa is capped at 9 (yay balance). So if you really want to do AoE dmg like a normal dps with 24 target cap, you kinda need to run Wot Rules.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Diggot wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:04 pm

Too much orc roleplay in the forums, makes it hard to take people seriously. Maybe take a step back from that ledge my friend. You can cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in.

Your class isn't that broken.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Diggot
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 pm
Your class isn't that broken.
It's not "that" broken, means it's just broken.

Honestly Grim, can you tell us a good reason to play Choppa instead of Marauder, apart from being an Orky fan ?.

How popular do you think it would be if BW's and Sorcs had the same debuff as Choppas and Slayers, losing 50% defense
as soon as they reach half of their backlash?. Even since WAR was run by EA i've been against the INSANE debuff & penalty
for reaching berserk for both classes.

Everyone also constantly mentions that Choppas needs 3 people to function... a Choppa, Guard and pockethealer.
Then ask yourself.. which class wouldn't perform better with a pocketguard and healer...

Out of every class, the slayer and Choppas are the one that actually performs worst, even with designated support,
because they CAN'T utilize their primary skills.. the 2handed trees that requires Wot Rules to function properly.

Give a Whitelion a designated Guard and healer, see how they perform compared to a slayer... make it a 3v3,
and i'm willing to bet the WL team wins.

Do i know how to fix the Slayer and choppa issue?, no.. but giving them the same debuff and sorcs and BW's would be a start.

/Sincerely.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:37 am

I knew at some point a WL would be brought into this conversation;
(Don't mind me, just following this thread cause a chopchop is going to be the next toon i create.)
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)