Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Worth it?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phoramix87

[Choppa] Worth it?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:52 pm

Hey guys,

i would like to try the Choppa specced AoE. I will mainly oRvR in public warbands.

I'm reading some topics on the forum and all they say Slayer > Choppa. And also Choppa's AoE potential is inferior to Sorc/Bw/Slayer etc...

Is it worth leveling? May i go full AoE? Are they really that bad?

I would like to stay destro side...

Thanks a lot!

ps. Already got other mdps so please stick on Choppa class :)

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: [Choppa] Worth it?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Choppa spec'd AoE is a very good class. Expect a few deaths, but keep on chopping.

Get to the choppa is a great skill too, unless it has been nerfed. So have fun and stick with it. You will need a companion to do some PvE stuff, but choppas are a solid class in RvR especially.

adapter
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:36 pm

yes, choppa is very gud at AoE, u gotta accept that u will die a lot, but if u have a tank by ur side and a healer worried about you, then u will be unstopable. U can still run solo orvr but i requires a lot of skill to be able to face WHs and WLs

Choppa as well as most of Melee Classes in MMOs, gets gud at the highest level, in warhammer i would say that at renown 70 Choppa gets gud because you can pick Git to da Choppa from AoE tree and from single target u pick Lifesteal and HealDebuff, so there, at renown 70 u can be a hybrid choppa that is gud at warbands but also at small scale.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

phoramix87

Post#4 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:07 am

adapter wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:36 pm yes, choppa is very gud at AoE, u gotta accept that u will die a lot, but if u have a tank by ur side and a healer worried about you, then u will be unstopable. U can still run solo orvr but i requires a lot of skill to be able to face WHs and WLs

Choppa as well as most of Melee Classes in MMOs, gets gud at the highest level, in warhammer i would say that at renown 70 Choppa gets gud because you can pick Git to da Choppa from AoE tree and from single target u pick Lifesteal and HealDebuff, so there, at renown 70 u can be a hybrid choppa that is gud at warbands but also at small scale.
Yea I know, being in front-line means being focused and die a lot. That's ok. Interesting point of view when reching 70rr didnt know about that. I rly like the idea to be hybrid st/aoe specced. Thanks adapter

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 pm Choppa spec'd AoE is a very good class. Expect a few deaths, but keep on chopping.

Get to the choppa is a great skill too, unless it has been nerfed. So have fun and stick with it. You will need a companion to do some PvE stuff, but choppas are a solid class in RvR especially.
Hey BeautfulToad thanks for tips, so do you think Get to the choppa is still viable? Should I pick it?

Anyway i'm going to join public-warband 99% of the time.

Do you guys have some guide, build, rr, tactics, gear etc. for a totally new Chopper? :geek:

BeautfulToad

Post#5 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:42 am

phoramix87 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:07 am
adapter wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:36 pm yes, choppa is very gud at AoE, u gotta accept that u will die a lot, but if u have a tank by ur side and a healer worried about you, then u will be unstopable. U can still run solo orvr but i requires a lot of skill to be able to face WHs and WLs

Yea I know, being in front-line means being focused and die a lot. That's ok. Interesting point of view when reching 70rr didnt know about that. I rly like the idea to be hybrid st/aoe specced. Thanks adapter

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:18 pm Choppa spec'd AoE is a very good class. Expect a few deaths, but keep on chopping.

Hey BeautfulToad thanks for tips, so do you think Get to the choppa is still viable? Should I pick it?

Do you guys have some guide, build, rr, tactics, gear etc. for a totally new Chopper? :geek:
If Get to Choppa is still there, then yeah, it is viable. To be honest, Choppa will always be the strongest melee AoE on destro so will always be a strong class in RvR.

adapter
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:37 pm

phoramix87 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:07 am

Yes, search on youtube for "choppa rvr" videos, i can send you some to your inbox
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon