Recent Topics

Ads

[Healer] Shaman VS Zealot VS Dok

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dalinvar

[Healer] Shaman VS Zealot VS Dok

Post#1 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:17 pm

Hey guys, I'm just keeping trying some classes to figure out the one I like the most and I've to say that for the first time I'm having a lot of fun with healing.

So actually I'm lvling a shammy (got lvl 22+) and sometimes I feel like:

- AP is a real pain, i'm just trying to be more conservative and spam less heals and "Yer not so bad".
- Shaman lacks of AoE healing skills, actually we've got just "Gather Round" (no dot-aoe or similar).
- We can just go for ST heal with Path of Mork skills (where Zealot are the kings).

So considering this is not a troll topic but simply I'm the noobest healer on the server, should I keep lvling my little-green-lovely-gobbo or just look somewhere else?
I mainly go for SC/oRvR.

1) Is shaman-healer really so bad? (as everyone keep saying me)
2) Is it that hard to master? (comparing to Zealot/RP)
3) Is there any way to expand AoE-heals capability?

A mate told me the aoe heals gap could be covered by getting the right equipment, but I'm still noob and can't find this solution.

My goal is to keep people up and not to dps/duo. Sometimes I feel like other classes simply offer more.

Thanks a lot

Ads
Ekundu01

Re: [Healer] Shaman VS Zealot VS Dok

Post#2 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 pm

All healers have something different to offer but being at only level 22 you still have a lot more useful tactics that you have yet to unlock. AP issues will get better with Restorative burst, ap back on heal crit. You can sort of get more aoe healing from pass it on all though it is a chance to go off and not reliable but still good. Shaman also gets insta rez with a tactic the other 2 healers don't get that. Shaman also gets probably the best ass saving single target heals in the game.

If you are pugging as a healer you will not save everyone especially dps that over extend with no guard. You can't heal stupid so heal the ones doing a good job.
Trismack

dalinvar

Post#3 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 pm You can sort of get more aoe healing from pass it on all though it is a chance to go off and not reliable but still good. Shaman also gets insta rez with a tactic the other 2 healers don't get that. Shaman also gets probably the best ass saving single target heals in the game.
Thanks for the info, which is the ass saving single target heals you are referring to? And sorry didn't understand the first part of it "You can sort of get more aoe healing from pass it on all though it is a chance to go off and not reliable but still good."

Thanks for help

Ekundu01

Post#4 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:15 pm

dalinvar wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:04 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:52 pm You can sort of get more aoe healing from pass it on all though it is a chance to go off and not reliable but still good. Shaman also gets insta rez with a tactic the other 2 healers don't get that. Shaman also gets probably the best ass saving single target heals in the game.
Thanks for the info, which is the ass saving single target heals you are referring to? And sorry didn't understand the first part of it "You can sort of get more aoe healing from pass it on all though it is a chance to go off and not reliable but still good."

Thanks for help
Pass it on is a tactic in path of mork tree that gives a 25% chance when you heal an ally with path of mork ability to heal someone with in 30 feet of them. So it is sort of extra aoe healing but is only a chance. Ass saving heal is shrug it off, it heals the target for a large amount if they drop under 20% health. Couple that with Ain't done yet tactic it will heal for 40% more and the target with shrug it off is 25% more receptive to heals.
Trismack

spiritbull

Post#5 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Shaman as heal is ok. The best heal combo is zeal+DoK, but shama is pretty okiesh to replace any of them. Long cast aoe heals+AintDoneYet tactic could heal for significant amount, once you learn how to position yourself to allow long casts. Morale pump and insta ress may be of use in some cases.
Also shama may be specced into annoying dps with the best kiting abilities in the game.

To sum up, for min\max zeal\dok is better but just slightly. If you enjoy playing the class you'll still get your place in organized wbs, 6v6, dungeons and of course you'll be loved in any pug wb\group.
At 40 you'll get access to all the tools, and once you'll learn positioning, you'll start enjoy the game much more.
BTW double ap pot solves AP issue in 90% of encounters, just bother to have them. at 40 they are really cheap.

dalinvar

Post#6 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:21 pm

spiritbull wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:35 pm Shaman as heal is ok. The best heal combo is zeal+DoK, but shama is pretty okiesh to replace any of them. Long cast aoe heals+AintDoneYet tactic could heal for significant amount, once you learn how to position yourself to allow long casts. Morale pump and insta ress may be of use in some cases.
Also shama may be specced into annoying dps with the best kiting abilities in the game.

To sum up, for min\max zeal\dok is better but just slightly. If you enjoy playing the class you'll still get your place in organized wbs, 6v6, dungeons and of course you'll be loved in any pug wb\group.
At 40 you'll get access to all the tools, and once you'll learn positioning, you'll start enjoy the game much more.
BTW double ap pot solves AP issue in 90% of encounters, just bother to have them. at 40 they are really cheap.
Thanks for the info, I'll go for pots for sure. Is there any equipment I could use to solve AP issue? Someone told me about that but I still dunno the gear on RoR.

spiritbull

Post#7 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Nah, just use rvr set available. AP pots + Restorative Burst tactic + Yer Not So Bad and you'll be fine. Never bothered to find ap regen equip.
In wb you have Restorative Burst proc 100% uptime + some classes may use various "ap gain for the team" abilities. (+ double ap pot). Note: in wb you'll rarely use Yer Not So Bad, as you'll spam aoe heal.
In small scale you normally have time for Yer Not So Bad or some pauses between heals in which ap are restored (+ double ap pot ;) )

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:26 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:15 pm
dalinvar wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:04 pm

Thanks for help
Pass it on is a tactic in path of mork tree that gives a 25% chance when you heal an ally with path of mork ability to heal someone with in 30 feet of them. So it is sort of extra aoe healing but is only a chance.
This tactic can proc with the ticks from hots of mork tree (do sumfil useful/feelz no pain-M4) or only with direct heals or the first tick from hots ??

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:47 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:15 pm Pass it on is a tactic in path of mork tree that gives a 25% chance when you heal an ally with path of mork ability to heal someone with in 30 feet of them. So it is sort of extra aoe healing but is only a chance.
This tactic can proc with the ticks from hots of mork tree (do sumfil useful/feelz no pain-M4) or only with direct heals or the first tick from hots ??
It only procs off direct heals, not hots. The tactic is not good enough to justify its use over other tactics.
Dying is no option.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:47 pm
emiliorv wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:26 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:15 pm Pass it on is a tactic in path of mork tree that gives a 25% chance when you heal an ally with path of mork ability to heal someone with in 30 feet of them. So it is sort of extra aoe healing but is only a chance.
It only procs off direct heals, not hots. The tactic is not good enough to justify its use over other tactics.
But, this is working as intended?? i mean...the tactic say: "Any time you heal an ally with a Path Of Mork ability, there is a 25% chance that another ally within 30 feet of them will also gain 171 health as well." => Dont say that only works with direct heals, tactics that only procs with direct heals said it explicity (like restorative burst for example), so im not sure that is working as intendend...