Recent Topics

Ads

SH Mobility

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Likeaboss

SH Mobility

Post#1 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:17 pm

I am a little confused about the handling of mobility lately...

i played since 2014 on this server, got 5-6 destro tanks and heals on 50+ and my old main on 70+...
A year ago i had to stop playing in case of a Reallife patch causing some bugs. :D

...Anyway back to topic, i came back some weeks ago and i have more time now, so i wanted to go on
with my Choosen. And worked my self into the newest changes and stuff...
I see people cry about SW Shadowstep and WL pounce (10s cooldown, thats an ok change i think).

So the WL mobility got nerfed, and meele SW/SH has gained extra mobility, sounds cool in a first look,
but when i start thinking about it...

SW:
- Shadowstep
- selfpunt

WL:
- pounce
- charge

SH:
- pounce
- selfpunt
- charge (30%, 10s)
- charge (75%, 10s... actually not sure that "Out of my Way" is still in the game, maybe Carrer builder isn't updated)
- runtactic

I mean, i can understand the nerf of pounce on WL, but nerfin the mobility of a meele burst class,
and then BUFF the mobility of an other meele burst class which already has alot of mobility,
i don't get the clue behind that.

How far will that "Mirror everything" go?

Ads
spiritbull

Re: SH Mobility

Post#2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Before theorycrafting, please play the class.

I'll explain nevertheless
SH is not a "burst class". Almost all SH abilities have the very similar damage values. Sneaky strike does a bit more, but all other melee are the same +/- 10%
The ONLY ability which could be considered as a burst one is Git em!
BUT, 1) it requires pet, so -25% damage, as TA tactic cannot be used 2) it require Sharp Toof tactic 3) without TA tactic pounce has 10sec cd 4) your pet doesn't have speed buff as WL one, so there is a chance that it won't be on target in time

For me, that "burst" doesn't worth it (personal opinion, some players use it, more, including myself - dont)

Thus, SH is not a burst class. Moreover it's not a high damaging class comparing to Mara, WE, Choppa. It's an aoe melee class with high mobility and mediocre damage. As any aoe class, it can show high numbers on scenario score board, but rarely will be in top for kills (which matters most)

Melee SH is bad in organized 6v6, and not an optimal choice for organized WB. The pros the class have is high mobility and high surviability (in cost of damage. If you see damaging SH it's either melts really fast or being guarded AND healed). It makes the class fine to play but doesn't make it competitive for any serious play (organized 6v6, organized wb)

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:53 pm

Do you really want to complain about a class that just got a blanket damage nerf the previous patch?

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:58 pm

Melee SH burst is nowhere near that of a WL: as others have said, it is more of an annoyance/utility/AoE spec than it is a ST burst spec.

If we're talking about mobility, then you should also take into account Swordmaster's Wings M2, or the fact that Order tanks tend to have better AoE snares than Destro (which makes Destro frontlines less mobile than counterparts, in some respects).

Likeaboss

Post#5 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:37 pm

1. Not the direction i wanted that topic to go... Talking about WL Burst in SH mobility topic..

2. I wont argue with Peter...
- Plays Magus, -> Magus buffed..
- Plays 2-hand BG, -> gets buffed..
- Plays dps WP, guess what...

That such a selfish person had to be balance Mod *facepalm*

Had to buff all the classes he played, couldnt you just uncleanly disconnect befor you die like in Isha? :lol:

Cya guys..

Locked in 3... 2... 1...

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Ad hominems from a person hiding behind an alias are adorable af. Guess it's easier to throw crap from the safety of anonymity instead of actually answering the points made.

It's funny that you'd mention 6v6 scenarios, given that if you genuinely think MSH is a burst class, you've probably never even done a 6v6.
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TenTonHammer

Post#7 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:42 pm

Your first mistake was calling mSH a “melee burst class”

carlos

Post#8 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:48 pm

I smell a troll
Starfkr

Ads
Acidic

Post#9 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:37 pm ....:: Peter...
Made me laugh , the guy may come over badly and (IMO) thinks he knows stuff that he does not(like 99%of community) but remember balance mod is is not balance responsible.
He was one of two legs that were there to guide the threads and take these to the balancer in the shadows.

dansari

Post#10 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:13 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:37 pm I wont argue with Peter...

That such a selfish person had to be balance Mod *facepalm*
> Starts a thread looking for answers
> Given answers
> Responds with hostility to answers given
<Salt Factory>