SH Mobility

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
Xumae
Posts: 68

Re: SH Mobility

Post#21 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:13 am

dansari wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 am
Xumae wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:39 am
SH have to fight WL, and with all that mobility, still die instantly when wl pounces you. just detaunt btw, still die in 4 seconds.
Ah, what a game we would have if all balance was decided on 1v1s
balance it around the "elite 6v6 scene" that 1% of the players take part in instead
Demonlarry RR7X Magus
__________ RR7X Squig herder
_____ RR7X dps dok
Xumae RR6X Mara

Ads
nat3s
Posts: 77

Re: SH Mobility

Post#22 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:52 am

dansari wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 am
Xumae wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:39 am
SH have to fight WL, and with all that mobility, still die instantly when wl pounces you. just detaunt btw, still die in 4 seconds.
Ah, what a game we would have if all balance was decided on 1v1s

I see that so often, but i personally think the game would be in a better state if balance revolved around 1v1 performance. Look at WoW balance, it's really close in 1v1 between classes and as a result you have tons of viable 3v3 and 5v5 arena comps with most classes represented. You can't say that about War 6v6 play.

Sulorie
Posts: 4079

Re: SH Mobility

Post#23 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:01 am

nat3s wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:52 am
dansari wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 am
Xumae wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:39 am
SH have to fight WL, and with all that mobility, still die instantly when wl pounces you. just detaunt btw, still die in 4 seconds.
Ah, what a game we would have if all balance was decided on 1v1s

I see that so often, but i personally think the game would be in a better state if balance revolved around 1v1 performance. Look at WoW balance, it's really close in 1v1 between classes and as a result you have tons of viable 3v3 and 5v5 arena comps with most classes represented. You can't say that about War 6v6 play.
To go into that direction you have to give every class sufficient heal skills and it will promote even more solo play.
Dying is no option.

Knowthyself
Posts: 53

Re: SH Mobility

Post#24 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:08 am

dansari wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 am
Xumae wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:39 am
SH have to fight WL, and with all that mobility, still die instantly when wl pounces you. just detaunt btw, still die in 4 seconds.
Ah, what a game we would have if all balance was decided on 1v1s
You just contradict your own argument. Oke I agree the game shouldn't be balanced on 1vs1 and and there is no way to balance it that way. However, I don't understand why WL has been buffed as a so called "highly frontload burst class". isn't that a change that gives the class a huge advantage on 1vs1? . Isn't that the reason WLs complain that they don't have a spot in large scale fights...

So you just keep saying the game can't be balanced according to 1vs1 for most of the classes but only some of the classes like WL and SW.. WL and SW has got a potent spot at least in 6vs6 with the cost of not having a function in WBs. Melee or ranged SH doesn't feel like potent or changing anything in a WB or 6vs6 tbh.
Come On
Newgit
Knowthyself

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1098
Contact:

Re: SH Mobility

Post#25 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:58 am

Xumae wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:13 am
dansari wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 am
Xumae wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:39 am
SH have to fight WL, and with all that mobility, still die instantly when wl pounces you. just detaunt btw, still die in 4 seconds.
Ah, what a game we would have if all balance was decided on 1v1s
balance it around the "elite 6v6 scene" that 1% of the players take part in instead
I doubt you can convince these ppl the merits of 1v1 should be a consideration along with group synergy. I am certain that these ppl go through a nightly ritual to say 1v1 it not valid argument mantra to help themselves sleep

User avatar
peterthepan3
Posts: 6509

Re: SH Mobility

Post#26 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:57 am

Acidic wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:58 am
Xumae wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:13 am
dansari wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 am


Ah, what a game we would have if all balance was decided on 1v1s
balance it around the "elite 6v6 scene" that 1% of the players take part in instead
I doubt you can convince these ppl the merits of 1v1 should be a consideration along with group synergy. I am certain that these ppl go through a nightly ritual to say 1v1 it not valid argument mantra to help themselves sleep
Should 1v1 be considered? Sure - and it has been quite frequently (Guardian WL godmode era ended, DPS AM/Shaman healing has been nerfed when using DPS tactics). That doesn't mean, however, that you should devote a lot of time to it, as 1v1 is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Should it be considered on the same level as GvG/WBvWB? Nope, and I don't think that's a bad thing to believe in a group-based MMO.
Image

dansari
Posts: 2459

Re: SH Mobility

Post#27 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:36 pm

Of course there are people who support the idea of balancing classes around 1v1s.. of course there are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<Salt Factory>

Dansarann / SW
Dansaram / RP
Dansaren / BW
Dansarii / Eng
Dansari / WH

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests